• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Village Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
:D Nice rip off of Goblin's Tale!
It looks cool though, I think I'll get this map when it's done.

P.S. You probably won't tell me after what I haz just said but, Can you tell me where to get that Inventor model? It's for a Goblin Race I'm adding to a map.

Level 15
OKAY: BIG NEWS!!!!

FIRST TESTIN G VERSION IS OUT!!!

Please, play the game in this test mode version! It has no enemies (except one wave), but you can test all spells, items and stuff!!

I WOULD REALLY HOPE TO HEAR COMMENTS about bugs imbalances and things you like/don't like!!!

Level 15
Update!!!

New and improved testing map:

- Significantly lowered file size
- All spells have Q/W/E/R/T hotkeys now
- A new spell for the Fireworker (much better fitting that before)
- New loading screen (fits better)
- A new system! Creep spawns will from now on depend on number of players ingame!
- A few other minor changes.

To Do:
- Add documentation ingame: Credits/commands/explanations
- Continue working on the enemies
- Balance and update spells and items! (I need testing for that part :X)

ENJOY PLEASE !!! (and comment)

P.S.
Don't say "don't double post" cuz this is my thread and I can double post here. It's necessary. -.-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
- Balanced some spells.
- Made heroes somewhat stronger.
- Redcued almost all manacosts.
- Leaver detection system. (And readjusting of the difficulty.)
- Added some neutral Owls! Why? CAuse they look nice! ^.^

*Map coming soon*

Last edited:

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
great, that your map is on this stage.

there are some type errors (loading screen: lots of icons, not "load", proudly presents instead of "prodly presents").

Spells are funny and great. Give us more waves and bosses, so we can play it as a challenging map!

Level 15
One thing I did not like is how you displayed the decimal points for the damage etc.
I would suggest that you convert the real value into an integer value first, before converting it into a string. It would look much better.

Also, the floating text for that Explosive Charge thing (with the countdown to explosion) should last slightly longer. For some reason, I can't make out what the current number is. Same thing applies, convert to an integer first, then a string.

Otherwise, the map is looking pretty good. I like the unique class items and the gambling/lottery system. Makes the make much more dynamic.

Level 15
I'll see what I can do about the damage values. And the timer will be a little bigger, I though of making it that way, too.

10x for the review :) I will upload a new version soon.

P.S.
Today I bought a car!! I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY (sun)

Level 15
Well.. I see no reason for it to be less good than Goblin's Tale ...

But to finish it I need testing. I don't have testers :( (Which is mentioned many times)

If u can please make a review on the skill/item tests and suggest how many and what hp/damage creeps should I plan I'd be glad to hear it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.