• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Ghostlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Now, now. If it isn't another project :p

+Wonderful thread layout as usual
+seemingly fun gameplay

-terrain, blizzard like terrain ruins the potential of the map greatly in my opinion.
-the story is also lacking a little. Trolls are apparently allowed to team up with blood elves if the player choose so, which is fucked up since the trolls hate them *cough* Zul'jin*cough*. (unless it's free for all and I've missed something!)

Level 23
Now, now. If it isn't another project :p

+Wonderful thread layout as usual
+seemingly fun gameplay

-terrain, blizzard like terrain ruins the potential of the map greatly in my opinion.
-the story is also lacking a little. Trolls are apparently allowed to team up with blood elves if the player choose so, which is fucked up since the trolls hate them *cough* Zul'jin*cough*. (unless it's free for all and I've missed something!)

Thanks!
It's a multiplayer map, just impossible to created it with totally new things, the map size is until 8mb for play online. Well, it's isn't so blizzard style. Also, I'm really liking this terrain. xD

In this map won't have -ally option, I hate this option, it ruins the game, so the trolls won't ally with elves or scourge. lol

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The map size is troublesome indeed, but even with that said I think it can be better. Check the gias RPG map which is multiplayer but got wonderful terrain. I know it's extreme to compare one of the best maps that exist, but it's the first example that popped out of my head x)

For allies, I thought it was like Azzeroth wars where you select teams before the game starts. But if that isn't the case I don't see any problem anymore.

Level 21
This map is Forsaken quality. Keep it up. Good luck and have fun!

The definition of Frosaken quality:a map that's so good not even 5/5 is enough!

Level 23
This looks awesome!
Two question, though, will this have Forsaken and Felblood Elves? And How are the team going to be? I could understand the Wretched beign allied to the Scourge, but what about th Night Elves and Trolls? They'll go solo against the Blood Elven forces?
Loved the terrain S2

Yea, certainly! The the Forsaken won't be a player exactly, the player (Farstider) will have a research to gain more units for his army, along with a new hero, Mavren. The felblood will have as well, will be again when Kael betrayal the elves to summon the burning legion. I will try to import some models for them, if the filesize allow.

About the Trolls, I will add more information about it soon, but will be two players for trolls, Zul'aman trolls (dark green) and Tor'Watha and Zeb'Watha (yellow); for the Night Elves, they will be a solo faction.

Thanks! xD

Level 11
I have been watching this thread from far, now I can comment and tell you, great job and hope you all luck, I wish I could help but right now I have exams to finish and Questions to kill, Maybe at like the 1/3 of January I will be able to help?

Level 23
I have been watching this thread from far, now I can comment and tell you, great job and hope you all luck, I wish I could help but right now I have exams to finish and Questions to kill, Maybe at like the 1/3 of January I will be able to help?

Thanks! I'm really needed of help, it's really the hard-working alone!

As I promise, all the faction are post in the main thread!

Level 23
A time with no news; but I'm working in the terrain every day, so, just a new screenshot of Scorched Grove, Sunsail Anchorage and a part of Fairbrezee Village!

2zdqauw.jpg

That's the point, it becomes fainter but then you can add more and play better with their placings. Good job though.

I could link you a cloud model that becomes darker if tinted down.

Model made/edited by tobyfat50. Tint it down and it will become darker.

Attachments

• Cloudx-blend.mdx
    3.9 KB · Views: 50
  • wolke1.blp
    43.8 KB · Views: 88
Level 23
Just added features in Gameplay's space. It's about the Blood's and Burning's Crystals! Hope you like! xD

"The income system let the player to gain gold with no miner, and lumber system will be replace by the magical pieces that can be gained from the Blood Crystals, it's a income system as well."

Will have just a few blood crystal in the map, so, if the player wanna updated their defense, they will need to obtain the Crystals!

Level 25
Looking nice Forsakie! I'm excited to play another elven map! Not sure about the Night Elves but maybe you could make some adjustments so they wont be so villain-ish. Maybe change their motives in getting into Ghostlands like they are hunting a group of Blood Elves or trolls or maybe undead, then the BE can be allied to them by helping but this will be slightly...hostile.

Level 23
Looking nice Forsakie! I'm excited to play another elven map! Not sure about the Night Elves but maybe you could make some adjustments so they wont be so villain-ish. Maybe change their motives in getting into Ghostlands like they are hunting a group of Blood Elves or trolls or maybe undead, then the BE can be allied to them by helping but this will be slightly...hostile.

Thanks! I think that they will be able to ally with the Blood Elves, just when Kael summon the legion, just with this would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.