• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of the Fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm using this trigger :

full

Simple but Working ;) !

Level 18
yes trigger are very useful but they are quite annoying when they don't want to work :3

EDIT:
full

The long, long, long waited -nearly 2 years- DEMO :3

(sorry for double posting by the high elves deserve it :D )

This demo is only one chapter, as I said -a long- time ago. Remember to tell me if you find BIG bugs, because i know some of them that I'm still trying to fix.

But the most important; tell me if you liked it, your feelings about it, you know...

but enought blabla, I let you play Rise of the Fallen DEMO v1.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Rise of the Fallen DEMO v1.0.w3n
    23.8 MB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
I downloaded it. Played it. It is really amazing. I feel that "wc3-like" feel, while I am playing this campaign. Map is interesting. Music is amazing. Also terrain is great. Just perfect. But, of course, there is a few minor things you should improve.

First, text. You need native English speaker to help you here. While it is not bad, there is still some grammar mistakes, starting new sentence with a lowercase.. Biggest problem is, "that person" should improve text in a way to look less... let's say, naive. Don't get me wrong, it is perfectly fine even in this form.

Second, ability tooltips. Sun Priestess is mentioned in hero's third spell, tooltip of a first spell is just awful..

Keep up with the amazing work mate! Once again, great job!

Level 18
First, thanks you a lot!

I know my English level is not enough high to create good texts, but I'll improve them ;) . and for the lowercase, I have the same problem is real life, so...

For the tooltips; they are the only thing I didn't looked at since the begining (maybe one years ^^). I will fix that!

And thanks you a LOT again MogulKahn :3

Level 23
Played it, it was good. Though there are spelling and grammar errors as said before. Tooltips of the Hero are somewhat inaccurate like the frostbolt. I have just one question. Why would Sylvanas order the "Grand Magistrix" it is a high posiition just to be ordered by the Ranger General. Also she commanded her alone without warriors to accompany her in a place full of deadly trolls. Is she trying to kill the Grand Magistrix? A small group of soldiers to accompany her would be enough. I like the music, fits well. Also the terrain though some roads are narrow. Nice start btw.

Level 18
Thanks you Sclammerz!

In fact, Sylvanas and Laethly are really close. It's in the prologue of the campaign ^^. That's true, I should change the word ''orders'', I need to find another way to say it...

For the soldiers, this part is the borderland of Zul'aman, She's just reaching the camp. (the beginning = just at the border). I also wanted to add no soldiers to make the player ''discover'' Laethly before anything.
And for the narrow road, I'm noticing it now :3 but that's true it cause problem for gameplay...

thanks you again :3 !

Level 15
Well, he can add that she was ambushed, and only she managed to survive. But, to be honest, you are just nitpicking here Schlammerz..

Level 15
And, I also want to add one more thing.
I would really like if you would change spells of your units. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against spell they have right now, but at least for me, the biggest problem is, that nearly every other campaign is using same spells as your units. Oh, there is a unit with Defend, unit with Heal, archer with Searing Arrows etc. When I played it, I felt like I am playing with Blizzard's Humans. Swordsman as Footman, Archer as Rifleman, Priest as Priest, Lieutenant as Spell Breaker.

I have to repeat, I have NOTHING against spell they have right now, but if you accept my suggestion that would make this campaign a bit more interesting!

Keep up with the great work!

Level 18
MogulKahn,
First the lieutenant is not a replacement for the spell breaker, it's like the human captain or the blood elf lieutenant, in fact, I just changed the skin of the blood elf lieutenant. It's not a "trainable" unit.

"a unit with Defend, unit with Heal"
This will not change, I want to keep that. That's, for me, the "blizzard feeling".

"archer with Searing Arrows" + new spells for the priest
I was thinking about changing the "Arrow spell" and to modify the priest's spells (except heal of course) + sorceress' spells have been changed :D

If I was organized when I began this campaign, the spells would've been changed as I would've worked more seriously, but I'm not an organized person >.< (that's why we're at the 2nd year of development...)

"I have to repeat, I have NOTHING against spell they have right now, but if you accept my suggestion that would make this campaign a bit more interesting!"
You don't have to justify your opinion, I helps a lot!

And I would like to ask a question to everyone as I'm working on two maps ;
- Would you like Tul'rogg to be introduced in chapter two ?
or
- Would you like an entire chapter about him ? (my choice for the moment)
I'm asking that because I can't decide...

Level 15
Oh, O.K.. Sounds great to see spells changed. And I was justifying my opinion, because majority of people here are easily butthurt, like little girls, and I didn't want to offend you in any way.

Also I vote for second option!

Level 2
yes trigger are very useful but they are quite annoying when they don't want to work :3

EDIT:
full

The long, long, long waited -nearly 2 years- DEMO :3

(sorry for double posting by the high elves deserve it :D )

This demo is only one chapter, as I said -a long- time ago. Remember to tell me if you find BIG bugs, because i know some of them that I'm still trying to fix.

But the most important; tell me if you liked it, your feelings about it, you know...

but enought blabla, I let you play Rise of the Fallen DEMO v1.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best demo(campaigns),good job ;),was amazing.

Level 31
I have played what you have made so far. Is this your first Warcraft 3 map? Because if it is, then you did better than me when I first started using the World Editor.

I think the best thing you've done so far is the terrain, as it looks great. Your choice of music and most custom imported materials also fits into the campaign quite nicely. Keep up the good work :)

Level 24
Ah a fan made, non-canon lore, I like it. ^^ Although if I may make a suggestion, this does take place towards the end of the second war which means that the events in Grim Batol with Nekros are at least a few years past, if not next to a decade. I'd love to see Vereesa Windrunner make an entrance in this campaign, it would be interesting to see her and Sylvanas together, especialy seeing as Sylvanas is still a high elf. Not to mention the only pre-death interaction we've seen between the two sisters so far is this inscription by Sylvanas.

"I hope my sisters and I can grow up and get married together. This coin appears to be very old."

Level 18
For the Grim Baol event, I don't know how man time passed since it, the campaign begin nearly at the same moment as the human campaign of RoC.
In the "WIP prologue", You see Laethly and Sylvanas, it may be at the moment Arthas arrive at strandbrad.
The scourge discovery will be doferent than in RoC, Arthas will show himself later in the camp The undeads appear first in Zulaman. (don't know if it's ok for lore, but I like this idea :3).
And don't worry, of course there will be Vereesa :D

Level 2
Nice,although the land mounts of high elves are horses(or unicorns for some),the hawkstrider is a blood elf mount,only that,the rest in my opinion is very well

Level 9
the terrain is very fine
some text is a bit fast
The demo version contained a first chapter I don't know what was the purpose of it
there is no next level trigger When the prologue was done it returned me to the menu
Chapter 1 was great a bit from some grammer issues and I didn't like when you rescue the prisoners they stay in place for a while then change
you could've put some weapons stacks or I don't know what they are called like the ones in the Bloodelf campaign on chapter 3
only chapter 1 and the prologue was playable when I choose one of the next 3 chapters an error appears, please fix this
I have the latest version and redownloaded it quite alot same problem

Level 18
First, thanks you. The chapter two and three are not finished, it's just the button (no map); As you said, only the prologue and chapter one are available. for the weapon stack, I'm still searching how to do it, but it will be done.

"there is no next level trigger When the prologue was done it returned me to the menu"
I tried some trigger but it don't work, I'm still searching...

Level 9
First, thanks you.
Your welcome :D
The chapter two and three are not finished, it's just the button (no map); As you said, only the prologue and chapter one are available
thank God you said that I was going crazy thinking it was a problem, after all this is just a demo
I wish I can help you with the triggers and things but I don't know anything about them
I liked the models and troll structures
one thing that annoyed me is some crates were stacked and when destroyed they're empty
I believe only one or two of the crates in chapter 1 contain items
once you finish everything, try getting new music to your campaign, it'll help and making it your original campaign

Level 16
Nice demo !
Terrain nice, but very narrow x)

There some thing which can be better.
A sound when the gate is open,
Mask Elf Prisonners in Game Score
Allow skip a cinematic

Just strange thing.
High Elf Lieutenant has a magic projectile. Is it wanted ?
And he can't use Defend.

Good luck for you campaign, look great ! :D

Level 18
@Morris If you want these models, search here : Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion . To explain the crate thing, in fact, I'm afraight that if I put to much items, it will be too easy. I tried to use an imported music for the prologue, but it crashed; the thing I don't understand is that it works for chapter one.

@Jaina23 I can't find the gate sound in the sound editor (!?) that's strange, do you think the lever death sound might suit? For the cinematic, I'm planning to make them skipable, but it will have to wait the 3 first chapters. The Lieutenant has a magic projectile (like the blood elf lieutenant) that's why he can't use defend (not a melee unit).

thanks you two :3

EDIT: and yes, it's narrow because... sorry I can't justify that XD . If I try to make the path more large, the path behin the trees would be visible. Is it really that dificult with narrow paths ?

EDIT2: That's true but I'll keep the farstrider :3 . Even if the blood elves imported them from outland, I keep in mind that they look like the birds that you find in mulgore (wow). Also, it's a model that I love a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.