• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Ghostlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Thanks all!
Just some news today, first of all, a new faction will be add, the Undead Scourge, since the Scourge has a ample control of Quel'thalas, it will become really difficult to control all the bases around, and then, the Scourge would be easily decimated. With the add of this new faction, the Blood Elves - Farstiders, that was green, has been changed to yellow, for the undead be the green faction.
Secondly; I will be recruiting people that wanna join in this project, all the help are welcome, terrain/trigger/object data/ideas and such.

Level 23
(Play this while reading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_VlCk0DWwY) No more triggers for me? :'(
Just kidding, I could be a beta tester or like a balancer or anything else and what ever I get I wont be able to work a lot on it because I will be real busy until 1/11.

Of course you could make triggers! Help in triggers is always necessary!

Level 23
I wouldn't consider me as a specially member , because you know that i am a novice xD

Don't say this! All the help is special! Including the beta tester, one of the most important! Who play the map and send the feedback! xD

Nice seeing your project here Forsaken!

Thanks Daffa! ^^

Level 11
Hello everyone!
Me and Forsakie were working on the map today and we agreed on:
Units, Ranks and Limits!
Yes, here you wont have to make only elite units as special kind of without-it-you-lose unit, there well be a unique unit for each faction which will be limited to 12, the elite units will be limited to 5, you will have at least 2 heroes per factions and not more than 9 for each team.
Balance!
Ofcourse, balance is one of the most important thing to take care of, we are trying to make the map unique from other risk maps and hopefully not destroying the balance, when the beta version is out we would love to see feedbacks about balance and bugs.

Level 21
Hmmmm..after that announcement I'm even more interessted.

Subscribing
My pc's RAM has blown so I can't help much but I'm availibale if you need someone to help with triggers,suggestions etc

Level 11
@7oda: Forsaken didn't decide any heroes yet, and I have no idea of what heroes to put if I was Forsaken.
@Archimonde: Glad you liked it!
Hope you all enjoyed this little update of what's going on!

Last edited:
Level 11
I'm pleased with the update, though I will wait for much more exciting ones.

It can be amazing, but I'm not sure though, what about of unit leveling system?
Care to take it into consideration?
We want the Warcraftish felling, so I dont think that units will be able to level up, we might consider the elites, I will talk to Forsaken about it, also there will be many exciting updates later, we dont want to spoil everything out at the beginning.

Level 11
Today I and Forsaken presents:

Faction Elites
2lt3lm8.jpg
10dabyo.jpg
2hhq905.jpg
2vcgrxd.jpg
24vijit.jpg

[td]
34rax51.jpg
[/td]
Death Knights:
These unholy knights were once proud Paladins of the light, one of their order turned from the light when he purged an entire city, believing its citizen were impure.

They can cast Death Coils, Death Pact and Black Strike.
Liches:
These Liches are dead mystical mages, raised by Lich King to fight for him , particularly adept at cold magic.

They can cast Frost Nova, Dark Ritual and Ice Block.
[tr]
Mana Addicts:
These mages are hungered for mana, they were formerly blood elves that failed at controlling their magic addiction, they will do anything to have mana.

They can cast Siphon Mana, Mana Burn and Feedback.
[tr]
Blood Knights:
These knights have sworn to avenge Quel'thalas and stand against all the enemies of the light, these might warriors are not something to laugh at.

They can cast Holy Light, Divine Shield and Holy Smite.
[tr]
Blood Mages:
These Blood Mages are few in numbers, some of them use fel energy to annihilate them, some of them use pure fire to burn their enemies to dust.

They can cast Pheonix Strike, Incinerate and Soul Burn.
[tr]
Dark Rangers:
These dead rangers were once a mighty defender of Quel'Thalas, now with their free will back, they only care vengeance about.

They can cast Silence, Black Arrow and Soul Drain.
[tr]

[tr]

Have any questions or suggestions? Feel free to post!

Last edited:
Level 21
Another great update
In Curse of the forsaken there were dark rangers aswell
I think Dark Rangers is a good name cause it shows that they are undead and evil.

Level 11
Well then, he's the boss :p
Also, I'm felling myself a little excluded from this... just saying...
So let me give some suggestions:
Priestess of Elune for LB
Bresekers for DG
Voodoo Mages for Gray
Wow, you just solved a problem me and Forsaken had here, we couldn't think of ideas for trolls' elites, I will take these into consideration and I will talk about them with Forsaken.
Mana addicts? Is that really going to be their name? Why did you replaced the wretched, in my opinion it's more fitting though.
You know, how can you call something the same name as its race? Anyway thank you for the tip, I will consider it and talk to Forsaken about it.

Level 21
You know, how can you call something the same name as its race?
This is very true. If I had a Demon race I certainly wouldn't call its elite demon. But mana addicts doesn't really sound right.

So the project is going well?

Level 11
This is very true. If I had a Demon race I certainly wouldn't call its elite demon. But mana addicts doesn't really sound right.

So the project is going well?
Yea, the project is not dead at all, we are working but I was really busy the last week, so the progress was really low while Forsaken was working on ToW v2.
It's just not so fitting to call them "Mana Addicts". Well, its just my taste.
Both of you can give me suggestions for names, I would be glad if you did.

Level 11
Thanks guys, I liked the Mana Stalker, the only problem is that they are supposedto be back lines and they aren't fast like DH or AM, Wretched again, just doesn't fit, it's like I'm calling you Mr Human but either way I will consider these names, and I'm not just saying that, I will consider them.

Level 11
What about Seekers? I don't know. I'm not good with names
That's a great name! However, I'll discuss all the names with Forsaken.
----------------------------------
EDIT: Wretched's elite's name will be changed from Mana Addicts to Mana Stalkers, thank you all for your suggestions and I hope you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.