1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

Gandalf (War of the Ring)

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
- Gandalf the Gray

Featuring
- Gandalf (Gray)
- Mithrandir (White)

This model uses an omni-skin, meaning you only have to import it once to use both models.

Changes
-v1.0 none

Concept Art
[​IMG]

I've been sitting on this model for a while because I wasn't entirely satisfied with the texture, if anyone would like to improve it, show me and you'll earn a spot on the Author's list :)
Previews
Contents

Gandalf (Model)

Mithrandir (Model)

1. y7`

y7`

Resources:
    Resources:
    have to post to rate :wink: texture seems good for me.

2. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Resources:
    For so long the hive needed a proper gandalf model, good job, the only problem i see in the texture is that the sword is quite blurry, the rest is great.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. konvan5

konvan5

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its epic!

4. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Resources:
    The model of Gandalf the Gray is nice but his stand animation is terrible. You should definitely change it.It makes many ppl not liking model at frist look. Also his swords cuts thriught his hat while hes standing. I think he should stand more like Tolkien Elves (War of the Ring) he should keep his Staff and swords in different hands. I didnt even realise he had a sword untill i checked him in gamę.he also should be more straight. He looks like a old man, Who barley stands and Has to use his Staff to stand else he falls down xd. Lemme know if u gonna update him then i will gladly use him on my fellowship map.

5. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oh hey Emil!
    It's been like-- 1000 years since I last saw a post from you, welcome back :D

This model is meant to be an HD version of this guy.

While I am looking for ways to improve him, I probably won't concede to upright animations out-of-combat.
    Sorry man :(

[​IMG]

6. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know, i think the stand animation is good.

7. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Super awesome! Love it, great work :) I really can't see anything wrong with the stand animation at all... It's like it should be!

8. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Resources:
    If im not wrong i have noticed that Gandalfs the Gray stand reday animation is same as Gandalf the white normal stand? Will it look good if i rename Gandalfs the Gray reday stand animation to stand? I just dont rly like Gandalf the Gray normal stand animation and ppl in my map dont like it too.

9. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That's okay :)

You can do whatever you want with the model if you have the skill, I'm not gonna hold you back :thumbs_up:

10. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you going to make his spells effects too? Also I noticed both these Gandalf models got no death sound.

11. emil23

emil23

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also the Gandalf you sent here is from Wotr gamę? Or its another model in wc3 is IT possible To dl him too if yes

12. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    - Yes, I just need to level him up in-game to see the spells before I can start working on them
    - Wait, WHAT? *incomprehensible foaming* my bad :x

The model I uploaded is based on the model from the original game, but isn't the original (I'm sad to say :C)
    If it is possible to extract the models and animations from the original game, that's a trick I've yet to learn x_x

13. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    His sheath is on the wrong side... good luck drawing your sword into your left hand when it is sheathed on your left side. ;)

Seriosly though, great job! Animations look great, and i too like the stand animation, very much in character.

14. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ^Good point

Lemme swap that

15. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, so i looked on the animations again, and i figure there might be problems:
    In stand and walk, he carries the staff only, but the sword isn't in the sheath, though when attacking, the sword magically appears out of nowhere.
    i think the sword should be sheathed in stand and walk animations, and for extra realism, the attack animation should have him draw his sword and attack, though i cant imagine how that would be possible as he would also draw his sword even in stand ready (where he wields the sword already).
    Also, the sword clips with the hat in spell animation.

16. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like Panoramix!

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ah! How few "wizened old men crouching over staffs" we have! It's an animation set I think we need some more of.

Personally, I almost just want that Portrait as a separate model for some cool generic Warcraft wizard. Maybe the Wc1 remake of the Conjurer. Just seems perfect.

18. Ken Christopher

Ken Christopher

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Nice one. Not bad. Like the Mithrandir.

19. The Grey

The Grey

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the animations and the fact that he is using the sword, we need more mele mages, keep on making this beautifull models 9.5\10