1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Tolkien Elves (War of the Ring)

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
"We are the Children of Ilúvatar. Never will we relinquish this land to the darkness!"

Features
-Elf Bowman
-Noldor Bowman
-Elf Warden
-Elf Lightbearer

Keywords: Elf, Archer, Bow, LotR, Lord, Of, The, Rings, Ring, War, Wars, Warhammer, High, Gold, Heavy, Lothlorien, Rivendell, Mirkwood, Noldor, Warrior, Spearman, Spear, Magic, Mage, Emissary

Changes
- Updated Cape
- Updated Elf Lightbearer
- Emergency fixes to Lightbearer's Staff Glow
- Removed Icons
Previews
Contents

Noldor Bowman (Model)

Elf Lightbearer (Model)

Elf Archer (Model)

Elf Warden (Model)

1. Lordlycan

Lordlycan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'd say the helmet is a tad to tall compared to the head, but it does look quite good

2. xISLx

xISLx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks epic and heroic! :)

I'd like to use it as an archer hero but it lacks spell and dissipate animations
    Though I guess I'll use it anyways :D

3. Larrel

Larrel

Resources:
    Resources:
    he looks awesome

4. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The tall helmet is so he can double as a Warhammer high elf

5. Legacy18

Legacy18

Resources:
    Resources:
    useful. he looks like the HD versions of WC3 Priest.

6. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Although they are all great, the lightbearer could use more love animation wise, he could also use effects in attack and spell anims since he is a mage/priest

7. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Download the model and check it in magos.

8. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes! Finally you made the elven lightbearer, love it! It was better than I thought :D

9. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    One of the tricky parts about the Lightbearer was getting his animations to look similar to those in WotR - that and I too was disappointed when the particles didn't show in the model viewer :<

10. konvan5

konvan5

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good models :thumbs_up:

11. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The hair of the lightbearer should be brown because they have brown hair in the WotR game. Maybe you could also try to make their missile too? Just look at the lightbearer in the original WotR game and you can clearly see their hair is brown! You could've used the Chaplain-model's head instead! The clothes are almost the same btw ;) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  12. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really nice models, just a few tips:

- Elf Lightbearer staff is too shiny. Its annoying ingame, it would be great for an hero unit, but as caster its weird to see tons of bright lights whenever you have 2-3 of these cool models together. Could you remove that shiny light please? If it appears when the caster attaccks or use an spell could be good, but have that light there ALL the time is really disturbing imo. Otherwise really awesome model man!

- The archer is cool but the legs are weird, it looks like "half treant". Its an elf, not an Ent xD. I prefer much more your older version legs. BUT i have to admit that your new chest armour is awesome, it fits much better the "elven style" than the heavy armour the archer had previously. Could you make the archer model with the former legs and the current breastplate? Thanks!

13. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I agree with you about the glow

I'll be fixing the glow and the hair, dunno what I'm going to do about the projectile though x_x

In my own map, I've been using the Blood-Elf chicken-hawk rider's projectile

As for the half-treant thing, there's a reason for that - in the original game, his cloak, bracers, and boots are woven from leaves, have a look

It's not easy to translate into Wc3 xD

[​IMG]

14. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I understand... If you want my opinion, you can add leaves to cloak, bracers and legs, they will look cool and give the touch of the original unit. BUT give him normal shoes, that will give the feeling of "leafy trousers" instead of "tree legs". If you check the pic you sent me, the original feet look a bit weird and bad, but even those feet has a silver circlet over the feet to avoid giving the image of tree legs. Your model has not that silver circlet, what encourages that "treant like" image.

But as i understand it is quite hard to model that stuff, i believe you xD, i would recomend to simply change the feet model to normal feet, keeping the leaves for cloak, bracers and trousers, and that weird image of "treant like" should dissapear.

Greetings :)

15. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just want to mention the spell-animation of the lightbearer is looping, but it shouldn't be it, right?

16. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    @HerrDave did u changed the lightbearer glow? (i dont want to push u, just curious for ur great work)

17. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Not just yet, the new version has brown hair and only glows during attack and spell animations

Right now I'm working on making his crystal glow in the dark before releasing the update

18. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool, eager to see the finished work :)

19. RUSHB

RUSHB

Resources:
    Resources:
    When elven workers?;):D