• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well hi,

I didnt write long time somtething. I will just add a little something. In my opinion some items are really weak compared to the afford you need to get them. Eg I always wanted to try Basilic Dagger, which needs 2 very rare drops from dungeon 1 (basilic poison and recipe) and also copper ore, which drops from lvl 30 ogres? So you can get this item onyl very late in game, in whic case it is outpowered by nearly every other dagger you find from creeps>lvl 18. It makes just no sense to have such much afford getting this item and then it truely is just useless.

The low gnolls (lvl 12 and 14 and such) also drop copper ore. As do the level 16 golems.

So it's not that far advanced, really.... and the only dagger that is pre-d3/not specifically stolen that outdoes it is Splendid Rapier...

Level 3
Yeah but still it will be nice if you can craft some good items and not just junk that you will eventually replace.

Level 5
Cold Death is the same thing, you need d2 to craft it and yet piercing bow wich drops from ogres or gnolls is better than it.

Level 6
Yeah but still it will be nice if you can craft some good items and not just junk that you will eventually replace.

True enough. Especially when D3 drops the Glowing Emerald Staff. But crafting should be top-notch gear, and the only ones that even remotely fit the bill, at the moment, are the fire res/searing stuff.

Crafting, especially found-recipes, should kick butt.

Cold Death is the same thing, you need d2 to craft it and yet piercing bow wich drops from ogres or gnolls is better than it.

Agreed.... And I prefer Cold Death to piercing. See previous.

Level 17
I agree, as it stands crafting is more trouble than it's worth. You can easily get better drops farming high-level gnolls or ogres. Another idea could be to add potions to the crafting arsenal, like maybe fire resistance potions, undeadslaying potions, etc.

Level 13
I agree, as it stands crafting is more trouble than it's worth. You can easily get better drops farming high-level gnolls or ogres. Another idea could be to add potions to the crafting arsenal, like maybe fire resistance potions, undeadslaying potions, etc.

I like this idea, potions for runs would be nice late game where maybe certain pieces of gear don't provide the resistances you needed for earlier dungeons

Level 4
I hope new boss will drop some good dagger. There are many mages who wants to do more crit and attack faster to fill mana. I even upgraded agi just with the hope of this new dagger. It is really annoying to see everyone have same staff in hand.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmm ... seems like I wont be able to release 1.1j before christmas.
But maybe I can find the time to work on in during the holidays (need to spend two boring days on my grandma's place after all XD) ...

The new boss is almost done ... but it requires A LOT of balancing work before I can release it. Much more than any boss I have ever made so far as this boss is probably the most dynamic one I ever made.

Level 3
Hmm ... seems like I wont be able to release 1.1j before christmas.
But maybe I can find the time to work on in during the holidays (need to spend two boring days on my grandma's place after all XD) ...

The new boss is almost done ... but it requires A LOT of balancing work before I can release it. Much more than any boss I have ever made so far as this boss is probably the most dynamic one I ever made.

I love the last part of your post !!! + its the most important to me so GJ on it!

Level 9
I hope all the classes get something new but, not necessarily better just different, like white scepter and mind breaker for sorc. Both have different stats but are about equals, some may argue otherwise but for me its roughly around the same dps. Or I hope these drops will set classes apart even more. Like a body that will give strength+agil for berserker and a different one that gives int+str for crusaders =D. But no matter what its gonna be awesome.

Level 10
itens

I haven't decided on the droplist yet, but I will look through the item database and create items that fill some gaps in the current droptables.
I will try to make sure every class gets some flavour out of this boss.

well try to make itens with new appearances like shining swords and shields helmets... new capes etc... with some new elements effects because, we got only fire resists equips... and no other one about water, arcane, dark, light...
and why not more bosses with that ellements so for some battles you need them... like in the fire lord ^^
well think about that hehe

Level 3
Zwiebelchen, should we add some quest that we can do it again and again ? these quest will give us more EXP or money or other resources. I love solving quests.

Level 8
infinite level horny, eh?

there is already bug that alows you to do 1 of quests again, don't know exactly with1 but I saw some ppl abusing it and gaining extra 1-2 level. 1 was on 45 he prolly dont wanted to be discret.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Finished the spawn event for the new boss now and implemented new music tracks and a new music system, replacing the old one. I think this will present a much more "epic" feel to Gaias, as the current overworld music was somewhat too "friendly", if you ask me.

I will create the droptables and polish the boss spells over the holidays. 1.1j is pretty close. Merry Christmas people! :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Finished the spawn event for the new boss now and implemented new music tracks and a new music system, replacing the old one. I think this will present a much more "epic" feel to Gaias, as the current overworld music was somewhat too "friendly", if you ask me.

I will create the droptables and polish the boss spells over the holidays. 1.1j is pretty close. Merry Christmas people! :thumbs_up:

Yays! And Good Work ;-)

Merry Xmas and all that jazz.

Level 5

That's nice, some nice touch into the soundtrack system will surely bring a new feeling here.

Merry Christmas to you too and enjoy your holiday mate:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 9
I think if there were "repeatable" quest they're should be one for each area, like

First area would be wolves-level 7 bandits Requires level 5 and you stop gaining experience after level 10

Second area would be boars, spiders, high level wolves, and low level gnolls can start at level 15 Stop gaining experience after level 20.

Then the high-level area should be crows, high level gnolls and ogres, Start at level 30 and stop gaining experience after level 35

You should also get less experience as you get closer to the level cap and these quest should require you to explore the area and get a special thing from each of the different types of enemies in that area. Then the level requirements are there so it could be easier to do the quest on your own and the level cap is so you can't get to level 50 or w/e without going through the entire map. So its not like you can get to level 50 off of the first area stuff, because that would be dumb.

Level 10

well still waitin so much for that map...

Level 4
Actually why do u even wait? Keep playing current vers or play another orpg till it is released. You are not gonna quit playing it when it is finished with no other new vers coming anymore anyway. Now is the same thing :)

Level 2
Sorry guys, me and my friends are leaving Gaias Retaliation all together. We were hoping the map could come out some time during the holidays but we waited from early November up till now. School has started and we only get the chance to play it during the holidays, so we pretty much don't have any time left to play it even if it comes out. Since my friends are going to quit, i see no point playing it because what makes GR really fun is working together in a team that can cooperate well. Pub GR always failed for me ( may not be the case for others ) because i need to always train them from scratch and they may not be the dedicated GR players that will play GR actively. Furthermore, the small bunch of people that do play often loot items that are not for their class/pick classes that aren't needed anymore. That's why personal friends are best for this game.

I thank Ziew and others for creating this amazing game but i'm sad to say again that me and my friends have decided to stop playing this epic game. It was worth the time playing but maybe our patience wasn't there.

Hope the rest have fun with the upcoming updates!

See ya.

Level 13
Where the shit do you play
clan gaia on east has reliable people, like myself, who get shit done right and fair :D
Sorry to see you go anyway, good luck with future etc

Level 5
Hey ya there! I have also some suggestions.

In D1, D2 and D3 most bosses either can not be stunned or don’t use spells which would be worth getting aborted (only Gaelas Tar). I would suggest for D4 some bosses or minions to be able to be stunned while casting very important spells.

Also the dispel spell of the mages should get more importance by adding some positive/negative buffs which could be removed for the new bosses and minions.

Furthermore up to now all you need are bishops and berserkers to do D3. They are the best classes to getting aggro, healing allies and dealing meanwhile damage. That means the other classes should get spells which make them very useful allies in the dungeons.

Level 5
Mt suggestion: reduce the BAT( Base Attack Time) of assassins and hunters when changing classes, right now bishop is the best damage dealer followed by zerk, i dare to say hunter dps is only better than druid .-. and i suggest buffing claw strike or its going to be a total useless skill in 1.2, its already useless now, my lvl 40 wolf has 27 dmg, why bother to deal 50 dmg with claw strike? its weaker than a normal atk even if it crits.

Level 18
Hey ya there! I have also some suggestions.

In D1, D2 and D3 most bosses either can not be stunned or don’t use spells which would be worth getting aborted (only Gaelas Tar). I would suggest for D4 some bosses or minions to be able to be stunned while casting very important spells.

Also the dispel spell of the mages should get more importance by adding some positive/negative buffs which could be removed for the new bosses and minions.

Furthermore up to now all you need are bishops and berserkers to do D3. They are the best classes to getting aggro, healing allies and dealing meanwhile damage. That means the other classes should get spells which make them very useful allies in the dungeons.

also from druid unless they give him lot of healing properties..

Level 10
i agree and bard needs more fixes that buff that she has is too weak... the buff is good for squires not for bards so bards is only for buffering tankers... they did not more their dps is low... and another think hunter needs fixes too his damage is too low for a dps...

Level 6
bishop best ddler??? i dont think so, sorcerer damage is a lot higher.

I'd say, with the enemies being undead, the Bishop has the upper hand. Even if it is close, based on a Sorc's AoE-attacks, the Bishop can keep himself alive with relative ease in the meantime, while the Sorc falls quickly.

Level 6
ranting over advanced class balancing when there is only 1 spell available yet is pretty pointless, don't you agree?

In all fairness, not much of the new spell lineup is going to change much for Sorc's.

As you've said, Lightning Bolt will be about equivilant to Fireball, but get the Soaked bonus (+20%). Single target, it'll be a little better, but it's not the same quality as Soul Strike's +50% vs Undead.

Water Elemental might add to damage, depending on the units' Spellpower. The elemental reflection shield bit.... Kinda useless, except as a defence mechanism (if it stops you being damaged). Fire Lord is immune to fire. Water Elementals are immune to water. It might hurt little guys like Ogre Magi, Sanev, Troll Witchdoctor, and Ancient One (unless it stops Aoe stuff like Inferno from Lady), but.... overall, not that great.

Bishops are getting a remove-threat skill (meh), a new heal of sorts, and a method to regen a little mana.

It doesn't change the current standings, at all, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.