• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2 version coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should use Anacron's FSI.
You said that you can get rid of all object data, but don't you now have to create a destructable for each 220 items? So its kinda the same isn't it?
Also, are you gonna include crafting/forging/alchemy etc?

Good luck.
Anachrons FSI is way to overloaded for me. And besides, I don't really like the style. I think Anachron did a great job, but for me who knows about vJASS, I think I can do better by just writing my own system instead of sticking to the limitations (and unused features) Anachrons system comes with.

I'll stick with using images for the item icons instead of destructables. I think that will work out pretty good. If that does not work, I still only need to create one destructable for every icon I have, not for every item.

Level 1
May I join the party? I admit I'm a "Gaiaholic" (since the early Betas in '09) and I've always basked in the spendor of the environment , the atmosphere this incredible map provides... At times, when I didn't feel like doing any quests, I'd just run to the nearest cliff...a gaze over the "blue yonder" ... and, with addition of the weather system, wait for a storm to pass by... such beauty...

* On a less "day-dreamy" note , I'd like to know if the following things will be fixed / added in 1.2 :

- Crash bug - when buying Thief's Critical Strike and Steal skills (per instance)
- Release the playable areas (some terrain exists and may still be used / explored, etc)
- Class change bugs (they still happen and am frustrated about. To give an example : Stealing the certain sword that would lead to my class change does not trigger this event and thus it is impossible to change)
- Quest bugs : Some quests can NEVER be finished - and example would be when your party has to protect a certain general and his troops from the undead that spawn periodically across the other side of a bridge. - You can abuse this many , many times... (though I find these creeps extremely hard to beat)
- Finishing the game : Is it a bug / glitch / something I'm doing, that won't allow me to finish Gaia ?... I've completed most (if not ALL) the quests that entered my path and ...ah wait, I remember! - When entering the fortress in the last area of the map (bottom left), two distinct individuals ask for assistance ( question marks above their heads : hence a quest is on its way). The character's name doesn't come to mind right now, but "Admiral Proudmore" (I hope you understand what moustache fiend I'm talking about) is never happy with anything I do. After accepting his and everyone else's quests, I come back only to find he seems to have some sort of handicap... He doesn't seem to comprehend I did every possible thing on the map , shakes his head and goes : "We need warriors like you! Now move along!" (or something along those lines).
Thus, I am left confused and unsatisfied... Please enlighten me if you'd like to explain as to what (I'm doing) went wrong , Zwiebelchen...

~ That will be all... Hope to hear from you soon!

Edit : proud that my 200th post ended up in such a noble place.

- Crash bug - when buying Thief's Critical Strike and Steal skills (per instance)
I'm afraid but Its not possible to fix that, as it is a thing the gameengine messes up. The code is perfectly fine. And it seems to only happen in certain occasions, so its not that much of a problem. Just save before buying to go sure.

- Release the playable areas (some terrain exists and may still be used / explored, etc)
Everything is playable. What are you talking about?

- Class change bugs (they still happen and am frustrated about. To give an example : Stealing the certain sword that would lead to my class change does not trigger this event and thus it is impossible to change)
I never encountered any problem with the class change quests.

- Quest bugs : Some quests can NEVER be finished - and example would be when your party has to protect a certain general and his troops from the undead that spawn periodically across the other side of a bridge. - You can abuse this many , many times... (though I find these creeps extremely hard to beat)
Again, I have never heard of a bug or problem with this quest.

- Finishing the game : Is it a bug / glitch / something I'm doing, that won't allow me to finish Gaia ?... I've completed most (if not ALL) the quests that entered my path and ...ah wait, I remember! - When entering the fortress in the last area of the map (bottom left), two distinct individuals ask for assistance ( question marks above their heads : hence a quest is on its way). The character's name doesn't come to mind right now, but "Admiral Proudmore" (I hope you understand what moustache fiend I'm talking about) is never happy with anything I do. After accepting his and everyone else's quests, I come back only to find he seems to have some sort of handicap... He doesn't seem to comprehend I did every possible thing on the map , shakes his head and goes : "We need warriors like you! Now move along!" (or something along those lines).
Thus, I am left confused and unsatisfied... Please enlighten me if you'd like to explain as to what (I'm doing) went wrong , Zwiebelchen...
Its an ORPG. There is no end in this map.

Level 1
@ Zwiebelchen - I understand the concept of an ORPG (an OPEN RPG, indeed), but at the end of the day, it's a W3 map... does it really have no end , no conclution ?

~
Everything is playable. What are you talking about?

- The most obvious thing I can think of is after you cross the bridge in the lower reagons of the map, above the houses, there's another bridge that is blocked by large amounts of rocks, stones, etc. . Where would that lead to, if playable ?

~
I never encountered any problem with the class change quests.

- And yet I'm telling you I have and it's one of the reasons I was discouraged to continue.

~
Again, I have never heard of a bug or problem with this quest.

- If you're questioning the validity of my post, then I guess you dislike the idea of feedback.

* Note : No further posts from me on this topic.

Last edited:
- And yet I'm telling you I have and it's one of the reasons I was discouraged to continue.

~

- If you're questioning the validity of my post, then I guess you dislike the idea of "feedback".
As long as you can't give me more input about what happened and what you were doing, etc., I simply can not fix the problem as I do not even know where there is a problem.

I could easily help you with the terrain and new zones, maybe even populate them with creeps unless you're using some strange JASS script that makes simply adding them to the map impossible.

Really, I just want to help you get more content in this RPG, it looks great, works great and is easily the most promising map I've seen in a while. Only problem is there's only 35 levels of enemies and areas.

unless you're using some strange JASS script that makes simply adding them to the map impossible.
This. Adding creeps to the map requires three scripts to be used:
- the item list registry, to set up the droplist
- the AI registry to set up the creep behaviour
- the stat registry to set up the creep's hidden stats

Level 2
To be honest, there is no "vision" about the future. As you know, this project is considered finished. The new 1.2 version I am working on is just a bonus because I've always wanted to experiment with some things in the map.

Just quit the project instead of making people wait for a game that is 'just like that'

Level 4
some progress 1.2
or map die ?:(
and 1 question: save codes 1.1e die in 1.2
It will be necessary to pass all with 0?

Level 1
Might i suggest more Skills from scrolls
Or skill upgrades, the more you buy a certain skill the more level it has, up to a certain point of course, because for where it stops now, the money is pretty much useless after you get the 5k gold skill.

Also, add more recipes for stuff like off hand items that are really hard to find. I only ever saw 2 quivers in the game and both of them are drops from bosses.
Add some crafting off hand items(Off hand weapon/books/gems/shield/quivers)

I advice you to focus on increasing the items first before expanding the map, because now, each expansion takes a while, and items don't take too long, but I'm sure people will hunt for the items they want/craft the items.

I really love this map, and I know you're trying your best, so I'm trying my best to come up with some suggestions. I suck at mapping and jass scripts so i can't help to develop the map. I really want to help believe me, I just suck too much and will slow you down rather than do good.

Level 5
So I really like the features of this update yet I might ask even if I didn't get any permission to mod the map yet. Will it have modding support as non protection on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.