• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Truth be told zwieb, this fight is really good, but I reckon its going to be insanely hard for pre d3 characters. Those nukes are insane, especially if they get off an axe throw/debris combo.

A few suggestions on it for potential balancing

Maybe reduce the beastmasters damage, as thats an insane amount to tank for a low level hero, both of them, shit gets insane. Remember you can't change the target of the invul unit.

Reduce the total hp, the boss as it stands, combined, is harder than d3 bosses. This is both a good and a bad thing. I wanted difficulty but it depends what you're building the boss for. I'll test it with some pre d3 gentlemen at some stage but I see this shit being waaaaaay too difficult for that stage in the game.

Third suggestion, stop the beastmaster casting axe throw whilst invul. Would prevent the combo that is literally instant death to any unit.

Just some ideas as I love the boss but it's not balanced for the point in the game where it stands.

Level 13
insane insane insane insane insane

Not sure if this is intentional but pets don't dodge Debris as part of their AI.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Truth be told zwieb, this fight is really good, but I reckon its going to be insanely hard for pre d3 characters. Those nukes are insane, especially if they get off an axe throw/debris combo.

A few suggestions on it for potential balancing

Maybe reduce the beastmasters damage, as thats an insane amount to tank for a low level hero, both of them, shit gets insane. Remember you can't change the target of the invul unit.

Reduce the total hp, the boss as it stands, combined, is harder than d3 bosses. This is both a good and a bad thing. I wanted difficulty but it depends what you're building the boss for. I'll test it with some pre d3 gentlemen at some stage but I see this shit being waaaaaay too difficult for that stage in the game.

Third suggestion, stop the beastmaster casting axe throw whilst invul. Would prevent the combo that is literally instant death to any unit.

Just some ideas as I love the boss but it's not balanced for the point in the game where it stands.
Good points! I will decrease the damage a little and set the chance to crit of beastmaster to zero, so that axe throw can not crit anymore.
Pet's not dodging debris is, lol, something I simply forgot. I'll add the AoE indicator to the spell.

Boss not using Axe-Throw in the second stage of the fight should be no problem. I'll do that.

@Galactus: Depends on how you play it. Remember that most of the threat a monk generates comes from spell damage and the haste value on that relic is WAY HIGHER than those of caster items.

Level 13
Just while it's invulnerable. Once the orc boss dies then sure, let it throw all the axes it pleases ^_^

Spell damage indeed but you'll very rarely see a monk soul strike.

Level 4
Considering that the elemental proc and atk speed will be a lot lower when a monk is pre d3, I remember in 1.1L I spammed Soul Strike as a pre d3 monk in order to keep agro on lady as main tank. And it worked :)

PS: And now with the new cloth accessory and relic +spell haste on agi I imagine that a pre d3 monk can hold agro MUCH easier by spamming soul strike than attacking normally.

EDIT: Just loaded my pred3 monk lvl 31 and he has 33% spell haste without those spell haste items lol.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Attacking still makes sense, to stack up that divine fist procc. Also, your DPS is higher with auto attacks and divine fist, using only Soul Strike when you got that Mind Focus procc.
But your TPS (threat per second) is higher when using soul strike, due to that +100% threat when Steel Body is activated.

So basicly, you can adapt your playstyle according to the threatmeter:
- spam Soul Strike if you desperately need more threat on the target or for some nice snap aggro on distant targets
- use divine fist / auto attacks for higher DPS when there is a good gap between yourself and the second-in-threat

Level 6
Alright so awsome i got my water elemental and look at this epic bug i found out.............please fix it todez.
The water elemental doesnt summons....

Attachments

• Elemental bug.w3g
    3.5 KB · Views: 68

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Well wanted u to see it and bug forum is like so tiny
If you noticed I will almost always comment on any bug report in the bug reports section. It's frequently used and I see no reason why anyone should post a bug in a thread outside of the bug reports section.
It actually makes bugfixing harder, as I have to gather informations from all over the place instead of just checking one forum.

Level 5
hey question, does spell haste effect minions spell haste as well? don't know if its just me but I feel that my nymph/efreet cast faster with my feline on.... oh and please put on a fancy effect for feline reflex prease ^^ (I said please in a cute way :)) lol

Level 6
now oviously spell haste affects ur cast time of ur minions but as far as i know it doesnt affects their spells cast time

Level 9
Would it be possible to make either a "duel weilded" weapon for like thieves, one item, that takes up the offhand slot as well as main hand slot, giving slightly less stats than having a weapon/offhand of same tier, but, allows another slot for either mana, and health potions.

Level 18
man the equip ok the monk is not good it give's attack speed... and no bonus at damage or int so the green relic from oger's is a LOT better than this Blue new one...

Insignia of the Saint
Misc
Type: Relic
Ar: +3
Aspd: +15%
Hst: +7%

Armor is the main thing you should be looking for because after all, you're supposed to be a tank.

Attack Speed is way better than "5" or something like that of damage because : normal monk attack let's say it's 60 with 100% Aspd you get 6 damage per 10% Aspd, if you add another 15% you're gaining let's say 9 Damage (I'm just doing fast math because i don't have a lot of time), and Haste which i believe gives you less casting time and more speed right?. Anyways no, green Rune isn't better.

Level 4
Page 154 describes spell haste's use on monk, and silver urn also gives 4% more atk speed than insignia so that arguement is kind've useless lol

Level 6
its supposed to be a pre3 monk item am i right ? so i think its fine for new starters of course it wont beat a d3 item what are u thinking

Level 10
another thing... the new boss is hard harder than liteunant... well in my opnion liteunant if you just cure and run from shockwave the boss is done... (waves are part of the boss ook... but the boss itself is not hard) so the equips that drop from that new boss could
be at the same level as liteunant... only the crusader's acessory is powerfull that instrument of bard too but the other's i dont think so... they could have a improvement...
you battle with a lvl 27 and a lvl 29 boss to receive equips that are worst than the one's that drop from the ogres?

Level 4
I think it would be a good idea if you could buy a spell and it would give you a spell scroll instead of just giving you the spell. That way you wouldn't have to keep rebuying the spells every time you wanted to change something. Like for instance how the Sorcerer has a lot of AOE spells, but also has a lot of single target spells. If you wanted to quickly change to more single target spells it would be a lot easier to do so.

Level 10
I agree 100% I always kind of thought that, but I guess the problem with that is it would eat a lot of potential saved item slots which could result in a code wipe to expand the code length and stuff to add more saveable items in the future. I mean you're looking at at least like 6-8+ saved items per each class. That would add up to a lot of items potentially lost on new gear.

Level 6
i guess zwiebel has a lot of space for savable items already, so if u save the scrolls there wont be a problem in the near future.

and lets face it there will be a save code wipe in 1.3

Level 3
Been playing the new version, loved the new skills. But here are some suggestions:

Mind and Body is a great skill! But it can't be that much reliable since it doesnt trigger enough times to be effective. I guess reajusting it to a nice 10% per hit would make it as worthy as all the other upper classes' skills.

Vestra's observation on the new boss is extremely important, it seems easier to do a d3 bridge run with all that one hit KO spear and fall dmg.

The headgear droptable seems rather unbalanced, since squires can loot a gnoll helmet out in the wilderness but there arent any cloth or leather ones out there, this must be taken into account, many dungeons aren't accessible for single players and this benefits the squires over the other classes. Not to mention the already discussed problem about the mytargas' weapon shop not having any relevant bow/dagger/staff/rune weapons available for sale.

Also, a future consideration (maybe a possible 1.2 implementation), a legendary weapon consisting on combining the main ingredient out of each dungeon with the weapon type for each class sounds like a nice idea to me, as it rewards playing time grinding for those rares.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The Ogre boss stuns will get nerfed in the next bugfix-update.

About the saving issue with the bard item:
As far as I can tell, there is some "item shifting" going to happen as soon as I translate the item to a bard item. It might happen that the item turns into an actual squire-item, like the gauntlets dropping from the same boss or it might simply not load at all. I can't guarantee what will happen.
However, I'm 100% sure it will not cause any serious damage to your character. If you want to go sure, just sell the item before saving your character and loading it into the soon-to-come 1.1n(2)

The vendor skills taking money every time they are learned is kind of a balancing decision. Remember that unlearning skills is free.
That you can keep skill scrolls in your backpack was just added so that highlevel characters are not forced to farm lowlevel bosses again if they need the skill back.

Level 3
Zwieb, Why don't you forcus and release 1.2 and forget 1.1n, I feel 1.1n seemly not many update which hoped, no really different with 1.1m. I think that everyone always expect 1.2 in a long time, inspite of 1.1n. Sorry for my idea, hope 1.2 will be released early asap, thank you Zweib who created this awesome map.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Zwieb, Why don't you forcus and release 1.2 and forget 1.1n, I feel 1.1n seemly not many update which hoped, no really different with 1.1m. I think that everyone always expect 1.2 in a long time, inspite of 1.1n. Sorry for my idea, hope 1.2 will be released early asap, thank you Zweib who created this awesome map.
Doing bugfixes and releasing a bugfixed version of 1.1n will not delay 1.2, because those bugfixes need to be done anyway and 1.2 is still far, far, faaaaaaar away.

Also, how is changed formulaes, balancing changes, one additional spell, a new boss and some other new features not a difference to 1.1m? It's better than nothing and after all, it was the community that was begging for a new pre-d3 encounter.

Level 10
Been playing the new version, loved the new skills. But here are some suggestions:

Mind Break is a great skill! But it can't be that much reliable since it doesnt trigger enough times to be effective. I guess reajusting it to a nice 10% per hit would make it as worthy as all the other upper classes' skills.

Vestra's observation on the new boss is extremely important, it seems easier to do a d3 bridge run with all that one hit KO spear and fall dmg.

The headgear droptable seems rather unbalanced, since squires can loot a gnoll helmet out in the wilderness but there arent any cloth or leather ones out there, this must be taken into account, many dungeons aren't accessible for single players and this benefits the squires over the other classes. Not to mention the already discussed problem about the mytargas' weapon shop not having any relevant bow/dagger/staff/rune weapons available for sale.

Also, a future consideration (maybe a possible 1.2 implementation), a legendary weapon consisting on combining the main ingredient out of each dungeon with the weapon type for each class sounds like a nice idea to me, as it rewards playing time grinding for those rares.

I agree with him too low hat's, and othe thing the new boss is a little hard for full character so for new character is close to impossible, so that boss have only 1 objective, kill him for the hero skills... not for equips because the only good equip is the crusader one, no one will use the other (unless to joke)...

And the monk passive skill body and mind... IS TOO LOW... man i went in a lot of rushes and sometimes i dont give any shot... 1 shade = 1~2 soul strike... and that deal something like 150 damage... (im pure int...), if you go pure agi for more attack speed to get more body and mind, you lose int so the soul strike will deal less damage... so 10% will be a lot better (and mb the talent give 5%) its like a chance of getting a critical (anyway to cast soul strike you have to stop to attack so you lose an attack for cast that)... another thing... about monk MAN 3 passives and 1 to save him? i mean stell body you active that 1 time and done... divine fist passive... body and mind passove... and that new skill that is like stell body... lol that could have a improvement o_O

Level 3
I agree with him too low hat's, and othe thing the new boss is a little hard for full character so for new character is close to impossible, so that boss have only 1 objective, kill him for the hero skills... not for equips because the only good equip is the crusader one, no one will use the other (unless to joke)...

And the monk passive skill body and mind... IS TOO LOW... man i went in a lot of rushes and sometimes i dont give any shot... 1 shade = 1~2 soul strike... and that deal something like 150 damage... (im pure int...), if you go pure agi for more attack speed to get more body and mind, you lose int so the soul strike will deal less damage... so 10% will be a lot better (and mb the talent give 5%) its like a chance of getting a critical (anyway to cast soul strike you have to stop to attack so you lose an attack for cast that)... another thing... about monk MAN 3 passives and 1 to save him? i mean stell body you active that 1 time and done... divine fist passive... body and mind passove... and that new skill that is like stell body... lol that could have a improvement o_O

suggest saving 3K gold and reset your stats again and again.
I promise you must will find that pure Agi is too much better than pure Int.
Monk is much depend on equips.
"Lunar" offered 16SP 10ar 50hp and 5cr. it's the most important equip for monk. Its SP offered almoust amount to 0int to pure int.
But you can't find any equip to shack 16agi in all.
And the agi is really high-worth!

I also hope body and mind could have a better percent to trigger.
But I have to said that its percent is really OK now.
I rather hope to add some second more to its dur, and give more scope to use it at a suitable time. I think it is much important to "heal". It seems 10s is better.

I agree with you that I hate monk to be a passive men.
Seems inflexible and out of explosive.

Level 5
Sewers is fine how it is tbh loool, will make it messy if there were mob giant rats or something... like old school runescape ^^ but it does seem a little dead down there especially that's where the plague is coming from... I cant wait to see Casmir again xD

Level 3
Well, I agree that new boss is quite hard for those with pre-d3 equipment.
Nerf the spell damage as well as boss dps would be great. However, give it more variation and more strategy to fight.

Since I've never seen a group fail because boss successfully casted mana prism. First, I would suggest decrease the casting of mana prism and give it more strategy for destroying the lamp. for example, add different color for each lantern and we have to destroy the lamp in certain order depend on boss aura color (eg boss started with red aura, then we have to destroy the red lantern 1st, est), fail to destroy the lamp in specific order would result in instant cast or other penalty.

Regarding Monk class i certainly agree that 5% is quite low for the skill to trigger. I found all monk's active damage spell come from priest's skill, it would be great if monk have another dps ability (passive or active). Actually, the body and mind skill is perfect candidate to improve monk dps at the moment (and yes i think monk dps is quite suck), I would suggest this skill will give another passive effect such as, in addition of 5% to instant cast, it will also give 5% to do double attack and 2/3% to do triple attack. this skill would create good synergy with divine fist skill.
All active/pasive monk damage abilities are based solely on SP, i think the further offensive skill should include AP or Agi to the formula as well.

also, it will be great if u add permanent effect eye-candy for steel body ;).

Level 3
mind and body could work like an active combo ability, like a new superpunch skill that takes mind and body effect to work

Level 13
Something I was concerned about Zwieb, will spellhaste affect recovery in a negative way, or just make it tick faster?

Level 6
Water elemental working perfectly thank you todez exept the fact of you dont know when hes going to banish there is no timer life on him but its not rly a problem.

And i also feel it deals less than x1.7 spell power of sorc i mean my sorc has 111 spellpower and globes deal 60 i feel its way too weak

Also so people from Garena are aware of heres the bugs fixed version dont forget to report any new bugs you find
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/gaias-retaliation-orpg-v1-1n-2-a-144066/

Last edited:
Level 3
Zieb i tough this is active project...i am checking pretty often.And i must definitly say that the map is totaly awsome but come on....More than a year for new content?And 1.2 is far far away???I know you have other things to do but still...This feels like the waiting for Diablo 3.10 years later we finaly got our new game :).Well gl anyway and keep up the good work.

Level 6
Good things take time theres no hurry, and he is alone so yea theres no reason to preasure him if he had a crew helping him then yea would be lame of why he taking so long but he is alone so cannot preasure just 1 person

Level 10
Zieb i tough this is active project...i am checking pretty often.And i must definitly say that the map is totaly awsome but come on....More than a year for new content?And 1.2 is far far away???I know you have other things to do but still...This feels like the waiting for Diablo 3.10 years later we finaly got our new game :).Well gl anyway and keep up the good work.

What ego said Zwiebel is working on this project alone. Please don't pressure him and just be glad he's even continuing the project. He is working alone on this project during all his free time while he juggles his school, probably job, his band, and social life/girlfriend etc. It takes a long time to prep and code and design bosses.

take your time zwiebel ignore posts like this you're awesome :D

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Yeah I know... it looks like there is no progress, but there is a shitload of progress you guys don't really see because its not published yet. ;)

Just look at the 1.1e until 1.1n versions: There was a HUGE amount of terrain added over the releases. The new map area is roughly the size of the existing content combined. Also, 1.1m and 1.1n came with a ton of new features that should have been all part of 1.2 but could get released already, because they are already finalized. For 1.2, its basicly all only about making bosses, creeps, items and setting them up. No new systems or stuff like that, because all the heavy shit was already released for debugging purposes.

I just can't throw out the new content without polishing it. Sure I could place some random bash-skill-creeps all over the map and throw some bosses in with the known skills. Some occasional fire strikes or some c'n'ped D3 bosses with lower stats as outdoor bosses - but seriously, would that be fun? I don't think so. Making quality content like the ogre cave boss (which was unique in several ways) takes time.

Level 6
Zwieb u ever thought about a -fog command to remove fog i hear a lot of complains specially from new players about it, i personally dont care about but i dont know, are u planing on adding something to remove fog?

Status
Not open for further replies.