• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, you base all your arguments on the current content. +50% damage vs undead is useless if the enemy is not ... undead. Berserker is great because the upcoming change to 2h weapon cleave is not present in 1.1e and d3 is all about crowds of enemies, etc....
The more content is going to be release, the more the balancing will even out as certain advantages of classes in certain situations will have less importance.

@1.1j release:
Finished everything I still had to do with 1.1j including the implementation of the new spells, boss, bugfixes, etc..
All that is left now are the items, but I think it won't take long to create them ... just need to check some models over again in 3ds max and then I'm done.

Level 6
Then again, you base all your arguments on the current content. +50% damage vs undead is useless if the enemy is not ... undead. Berserker is great because the upcoming change to 2h weapon cleave is not present in 1.1e and d3 is all about crowds of enemies, etc....
The more content is going to be release, the more the balancing will even out as certain advantages of classes in certain situations will have less importance.

@1.1j release:
Finished everything I still had to do with 1.1j including the implementation of the new spells, boss, bugfixes, etc..
All that is left now are the items, but I think it won't take long to create them ... just need to check some models over again in 3ds max and then I'm done.

I'm the last person criticizing the long-term balancing. I understand, full well, that these things can be balanced over time. I ran an online game for.... 5 or 6 years, and the balance was constantly evolving as new content came out. I'm just saying that, at the moment, for the limited bits of what can be done (lots of D3 runs, which are almost exclusively undead), Bishops kick ass. I'm not upset by this, but I'm agreeing that they are really good (and hopefully this balances out for the damage dealers in the future).

And as for the 1.1j, yays!

As 1.1j comes with one new spell for each class, you can expect the balancing to change a little in 1.1j (also with the new mana system change, bishops dealing damage will get more trouble to keep up the mana for healing).
As all 30 1.2 spells are done by now, I tried to select the one spell that "defines" the class the most so that 1.1j helps me improving the balancing.

About the last thing that is still left to do on the list:
I don't know how long it takes to do the adjustments to the attachment models of the new items ... depends on how good the raw models are made. But I think I can release 1.1j until thursday, if not tomorrow.

Level 10
As 1.1j comes with one new spell for each class, you can expect the balancing to change a little in 1.1j (also with the new mana system change, bishops dealing damage will get more trouble to keep up the mana for healing).
As all 30 1.2 spells are done by now, I tried to select the one spell that "defines" the class the most so that 1.1j helps me improving the balancing.

About the last thing that is still left to do on the list:
I don't know how long it takes to do the adjustments to the attachment models of the new items ... depends on how good the raw models are made. But I think I can release 1.1j until thursday, if not tomorrow.

Great news! :)

Level 5
ranting over advanced class balancing when there is only 1 spell available yet is pretty pointless, don't you agree?

No, i disagree hunter dps sux atm. If only he had faster atk to be able to do right click dmg things could change, also as the wolf will get more dmg and hp u should reduce his size, bishops always complain about the wolf now(1.1i) he is useless so we just kill him but with a +150hp, 15% all resists and +40 dmg buff i guess he will be usefull and complete the damage that hunter lacks so badly, but it could cause trouble to bishops, you may say use -qi then, but gaspode isn't in the -qi bar and some ppl just don't use it so i think reducing his size is a needed change.

Level 5
GIMLI_2 he is talking from a healer point of view, the pet sometimes gets clicked instead of gaspode (the soldier in D3) the dungeon fails...have to re-do the waves again, and people get really mad lol

Level 13
You should beta first to test new skills and items.
Nice to hear it's coming together quickly though :D

Level 6
Or he could release it, as the changes are very minor (10 skills, the beta-tested boss, and items from said boss, along with fixes). Fixes don't need beta test. The boss has been beta-tested. The items.... unless the tooltips are wrong, but even then they don't require testing (skills on them might be present, but I doubt it. And even if there are errors, they can be corrected in 1.1j(2)). Lastly, the 10 skills, I would imagine, have been programmed well, but any necessary fixes can come in 1.1j(2).

Level 4
Zwieb may mistakenly type some wrong things on triggers and may give a new skill one shot kill ability, so one hero may solo everything. And there will be no turning back after this kind of bug :/

Level 13
Or he could release it, as the changes are very minor (10 skills, the beta-tested boss, and items from said boss, along with fixes). Fixes don't need beta test. The boss has been beta-tested. The items.... unless the tooltips are wrong, but even then they don't require testing (skills on them might be present, but I doubt it. And even if there are errors, they can be corrected in 1.1j(2)). Lastly, the 10 skills, I would imagine, have been programmed well, but any necessary fixes can come in 1.1j(2).

Of all people I thought you'd agree with me.
I'd prefer to dodge a code wipe with broken skills, may as well test the items and skills, check for any final errors before a final release it just makes sense.

Level 13
The skills work fine. Do you really believe I would not test the skills I wrote? I only do public betatesting on stuff I can not test on my own like bosses and balancing.

You should still publicly test an update like this, but hey if you want to release it go ahead. I'd still recommend another test where the people who play this day after day can check for anything you might have missed, any mechanics that might make this new boss we've tested, much too easy yet again. Any items that could be bugged graphically with others, whatever. A few more people going over your work can help the final result.

Last edited:
I'm done with 1.1j now. Everything on the list is completed.

However, I think I will release the map tomorrow in the morning as I simply have other stuff on my schedule now. I passed the map over to one of my teammates in order to do a small checkup on everything again and if everything works fine, you can download the map at around 12 GMT+1.

Level 9
With the massive dps decrease of Berserker due to only being able to hit one other target, shouldn't you get rid of the -10% attackspeed? Also I've noticed that the targets have to be in front or behind eachother for the splash to work, not next to eachother, is that intended? It will still be less dps in D3, I have no idea how your mob set up in other places will be though.

Also, I would like to suggest something about D4's mob set up, i've been talking to others and we like the idea of having D4 be similiar to D2, not big groups of mobs but a small amount of really strong mobs. Like the Turtle.

Level 9
Also, gratz on every new skill, except for Bishop. but meh Bishop is nearly perfect as is. Berserker Rage makes berserker more berserker like, celestial zeal adds flavor to crusader, divine fist is awesome, Coup de Grace is also good, inspire is useful, Magic arrow actually is a great skill if you know how to use it, Nymphs call is great, Summone Mage Skeleton, mage skeleton isn't that bad, Lightning Charge is great single dps, so gratz on everything, plane shift is still meh. Bishops alsmost always need to keep healing, no breaks XD

With the massive dps decrease of Berserker due to only being able to hit one other target, shouldn't you get rid of the -10% attackspeed? Also I've noticed that the targets have to be in front or behind eachother for the splash to work, not next to eachother, is that intended? It will still be less dps in D3, I have no idea how your mob set up in other places will be though.
The 10% attack speed decrease comes with a lot more +attack on most weapons. In the end you should want it that way, because slower, hard hitting attacks deal more damage than fast, low hitting attacks (due to the way armor works).
The nerf of 2H weapon splash was needed, though. It made Berserkers ridicolously overpowered in situations where you are facing huge groups of enemies (*cough* D3 *cough*). I think everyone is agreeing here that Berserkers needed a nerf in AoE damage.

Also, I would like to suggest something about D4's mob set up, i've been talking to others and we like the idea of having D4 be similiar to D2, not big groups of mobs but a small amount of really strong mobs. Like the Turtle.
As D4 will be larger than all three existing dungeons together, you can expect all flavours of trash mobs and packs. :)

Level 3
I think lightning charge should be buffed a litte bit.
As a advance spell for sorcerrer, it not as usefull as mage spell :

-Fireball do the job better @ mobs.

-Even if the enemy unit is soaked, without any resistance, water globe has superior damage on boss.

If it not possible for buffing lightning charge to deal more damage, it would be better if it : interupting spell / give more % to crit or deal more crit dmg / improve range & lower the casting time / another buff effect :).

Another suggestion :
improve the icon model for several weapon (eg: a lot of axes have same icon)

for 1.1j, nice music, tweak on meteor with the new area indicator + sound is cool :D

And Im waiting for 1.2 !!

Level 10
I think lightning charge should be buffed a litte bit.
As a advance spell for sorcerrer, it not as usefull as mage spell :

-Fireball do the job better @ mobs.

-Even if the enemy unit is soaked, without any resistance, water globe has superior damage on boss.

If it not possible for buffing lightning charge to deal more damage, it would be better if it : interupting spell / give more % to crit or deal more crit dmg / improve range & lower the casting time / another buff effect :).

I've never really played a high level mage but I just wanted to add a suggestion for lightning charge. Players will always choose the highest dps spell. Maybe to prevent people from picking one over the others is that you give the best spell a relative long cd (6-10 secs) so they cast the lower dps spell while it is cooldown : )

That way still all dps spells keep being used.

Level 13
Can we get a list of the changes please zwieb?
Also, what is the boss meant to be balanced for. Pre d3 teams or post d3?
Are we talking 30-35 or 35-40.

Lastly what the fuck is that staff.
I am, to be honest, tempted to make an int/agil mage just for fun
But it's really not a build, is there a specific idea behind it...?

So far though I'm enjoying the boss, really you can ignore everything but mage/ranger doppels, and I imagine with the changes in (3) now just mages. If you think this is intentional, that's fine. Really its quite easy.

Can we get a list of the changes please zwieb?
Also, what is the boss meant to be balanced for. Pre d3 teams or post d3?
Are we talking 30-35 or 35-40.
It should be on the same level as D3

Lastly what the fuck is that staff.
I am, to be honest, tempted to make an int/agil mage just for fun
But it's really not a build, is there a specific idea behind it...?
This item was made as a fun item, as D3 drops the White Sceptre anyway and you can always buy the Mind Breaker. However, it might still have its uses, as it has a lot of armor penetration and still some SP. I think bishops might get some good uses out of it if they want to save mana in longer bossfights but still want to do some damage inbetween the heals. Also, this staff is your way to deal with magic immune units. ... no, really, it's just for fun. ^^

So far though I'm enjoying the boss, really you can ignore everything but mage/ranger doppels, and I imagine with the changes in (3) now just mages. If you think this is intentional, that's fine. Really its quite easy.
Well depends ... I also got reports of people having lots of trouble with this boss. In the end, it depends a lot on your equipment, as this boss is clearly a DPS race encounter.

Level 4
When you type -repick , it works normally but on the left side of the screen there appear masses of 11, when you load a char then, there appear the same way mass 10 and 0. Those numbers appear for me even when another person is the reason for it.
Like this: -repick:

-load ...:

Should be fixed.

Edit: (4)

When u pick up a material, there appear numbers too in the same way.

When u pick up an item there appear numbers too, but not many. When u lay one down, its the same.

When you are buying potions its the same thing again.

Actually its even when u buy a spell or anything, with almost any action but using spells and attack numbers appear!

------>When u want to pick up an item and your inventory is full, the message "your inventory is full" doesnt appear at its normal place, it appears anywhere in the corner of the minimap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.