• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Just a small progress update:
Vitoisimba finished the first small island of the upcoming D4 and I gotta say it looks damn good.
I also finished another spell now and hopefully can do the rest tomorrow.

^ is this Zwiebelchen saying he'll release 1.1j tomorrow? Someone please confirm this.

Level 8
relax it's 2 weeks for Christmass ;)

I bet u have something to do in real life too, not just waiting & whining on GR forum...

Level 3
when does 1.1j release ? I have waited 2 week from Zwiebelchen saying" it's coming out in this or next week", I hope Zwiebelchen finishing it right now :D

Level 3
when does 1.1j release ? I have waited 2 week from Zwiebelchen saying" it's coming out in this or next week", I hope Zwiebelchen finishing it right now :D

Actually zwieb sayd a lot of times that its coming this week :) + as long as you dont pay any money to buy Gaia map i am not sure that you can make any demands on when the map will come. Just enjoy your life and hope it will come soon enough :)

Level 9
hey, good job on this Zweb and keep up the good work, 1.1j should be out in no time now, although I have no idea how long it takes to make a whole new boss, but still great job. I do have one question, are you going to implement a 6th class or is that just totally out of the door? Just wondering, I wouldn't care either way since this is about the only reason why I still have WC3 on my computer.

Level 11
not really lol :p , it's just using some jass triggers to make the boss use spells depeding on the oponent/situation however , the worst part is testing that all the spells work correctly and aren't bug.

it takes a maximum of 2 days to make it/test it.

Yeah but you still need 1. to find time to make it and 2. find people who got time to test it out and then 3. redo the process until it is balanced and working.

If it took two days to make a good boss fight then the entire gaming industry would run of of ideas soon enough.

Level 18
Yeah but you still need 1. to find time to make it and 2. find people who got time to test it out and then 3. redo the process until it is balanced and working.

If it took two days to make a good boss fight then the entire gaming industry would run of of ideas soon enough.

are you trolling me? or what, this is an editor with LOTS Of stuff to make editing so easy. man doing a boss fight isn't that hard , there are actually lot of tutorials here even making a boss fight while reading a tutorial (good boss fight)
should take less than 1 day and that's not even with jass that's way fast if you know how to code with it.
and it's not even a dungeon boss it's a world boss and world bosses in gaias just use 1 ability maybe this new one could use 2 but that's the max.

also configuring the path in jngp so it will help reducing bugs is really easy.

really.. when map makers say it did take 1 week to make the map is actually 3 hours or less editing and the rest of the week they take a rest cuse they get bored of the map+ editing after a few versions.

so basically the making of the new version is just delayed cuse ik how hard is to continue editing a map over so much time just for some people.

it's really boring to edit a map in a old editor with limits.

but i just wanted to clear out that, it's not the work that takes that time.
is the editors choice to.

Level 10
and it's not even a dungeon boss it's a world boss and world bosses in gaias just use 1 ability maybe this new one could use 2 but that's the max.

While that is the general assumption based on current Gaias world bosses who is to say this world boss won't be the most complicated fight in Gaias thus far? I dunno if you ever played Vanilla wow, but there were world dragon bosses all over the world that required parties of 40 people to kill and were extraordinarily hard. I don't think we should just assume that it's only going to have 1-2 spells and be super easy since it's going to be a world boss because who knows for certain except the team creating the map. In fact, I would almost EXPECT world bosses to become harder than dungeon bosses at some point in the game for this reason alone: You are allowed six players to fight world bosses so the bosses themselves should be harder since you can compensate with an additional player.

Level 6
Could have sworn Ogres used Mend and Fireball and Fireshield.... and Witch Doc used Heal, Soul Strike and Crippling Curse.... I count 3 apiece.

Be patient already. Yeesh. Bitching is not a good motivational tool for the creator.

Level 18
While that is the general assumption based on current Gaias world bosses who is to say this world boss won't be the most complicated fight in Gaias thus far? I dunno if you ever played Vanilla wow, but there were world dragon bosses all over the world that required parties of 40 people to kill and were extraordinarily hard. I don't think we should just assume that it's only going to have 1-2 spells and be super easy since it's going to be a world boss because who knows for certain except the team creating the map. In fact, I would almost EXPECT world bosses to become harder than dungeon bosses at some point in the game for this reason alone: You are allowed six players to fight world bosses so the bosses themselves should be harder since you can compensate with an additional player.

ok so they just do a simple aggro of 3 or as you're saying to make it harder 4 skills.
it doesn't take a week to make an aggro.
and since warcraft's limits in engine they won't have to make the spell totally new since there would be no point in that (nothing really new could be added)
they just need to reutilise stuff already ingame and that takes at max 1 hour to make a spell (if you're slow).

however you can think what you want.
i mean i'm not trying to make him do the map faster i said all this stuff to show the dude up there that it doesn't take so many time to make a single boss..

Level 13
Some editors take time to build story and structure behind their bosses. The time it takes really doesn't matter, gaias has a strong and patient community behind it. I agree with soul, future world bosses, being easy to find without the trashmobs and timesinks zwieb is so fond of, should be stronger, more challenging, rewarding in maybe a different way. Allow people to merge world gear and dungeon gear instead of everyone walking around in 'full d4'

Something I'd like to see is a world boss that consists of two units, maybe two ogres for pre d3, brothers or something, quadruplets technically. Have 6 people manage two units at once, both die, both with their own drop pool but both important in combat.

Level 4
I am not an editor. But i know how a person can feel can think etc. I worked for this for years. There is a reason why i said it will take at least 1 week.

Level 6
Some editors take time to build story and structure behind their bosses. The time it takes really doesn't matter, gaias has a strong and patient community behind it. I agree with soul, future world bosses, being easy to find without the trashmobs and timesinks zwieb is so fond of, should be stronger, more challenging, rewarding in maybe a different way. Allow people to merge world gear and dungeon gear instead of everyone walking around in 'full d4'

Something I'd like to see is a world boss that consists of two units, maybe two ogres for pre d3, brothers or something, quadruplets technically. Have 6 people manage two units at once, both die, both with their own drop pool but both important in combat.

Actually, this sounds really neat.

Creating bosses is not the hard part, it's balancing them that's hard.
This.

But I agree actually *making* the boss doesn't take very long.
However, I won't just add another tank and spank encounter just because its a world boss. This boss will be challenging and entertaining, considering its the only real content upgrade of 1.1j.
The boss will have totally unique spells and will require strategy.

Tank and spank was fine for low levels, but considering Gaias has a learning curve you can expect that future content will not be easier than D3 was.

I won't give any more information about the boss. Consider it a christmas present and what fun would it be if I would tell you everything right from start?

Level 13
^
A solid response

Any thoughts on my ogre suggestion though zwieb :D I'd love some kind of unique boss fight in play.

Level 3
^^, I have a question, in waves of D3, wave 4 has number of creeps more than other waves, as double creep, because of after this wave, I have to wait very long for next waves, maybe wave 4 is most difficult with me :D. This wave have a bug ?

Level 10
^^, I have a question, in waves of D3, wave 4 has number of creeps more than other waves, as double creep, because of after this wave, I have to wait very long for next waves, maybe wave 4 is most difficult with me :D. This wave have a bug ?

Wave 4 is intentionally the hardest wave out of all of them. The waves are technically part of the 'boss' it's all a matter of endurance.

Level 10
gaias

There will be lots of new bosses in 1.2, so yes, you can expect bosses that consist of more than one unit.

hey when is the release of 1.2??? i just can't wait for that...
man you inspired me to make my on orpg hahaha...
but i really want to play gaias 1.2....

other thing... zwielbelchen take a look at bard skills 2 of them have the same hotkey and can you change that buff of bard??? that is good only for str characters nor for bards :/
thanks for that great map
and sorry about my english
:ogre_haosis:

Level 4
It is like, when u have 70 dmg, 30 armor penetration, and enemy has 40 armor. You do 60 dmg ur 30 arp removes enemy's armor to 10. When u have 70 dmg and 30 arp, and enemy has 20 armor. Your arp removes that 20 armor so you do 70 dmg.

Level 6
It is like, when u have 70 dmg, 30 armor penetration, and enemy has 40 armor. You do 60 dmg ur 30 arp removes enemy's armor to 10. When u have 70 dmg and 30 arp, and enemy has 20 armor. Your arp removes that 20 armor so you do 70 dmg.

It's kinda like bonus damage, but limited by the enemy's armor (if your arp exceeds the enemy's armor, it only improves the damage by that much).

Also, armor penetration acts as minimum damage.

If let's say the enemy has 100 armor, you have 50 damage and 10 armor penetration, you'd still deal 10 damage. However, this minimum damage can not be higher than your attack power. So if you have 30 attack power and 40 armor penetration, you'd still only deal 30 damage.

The exact formula is:

damage = max{[attackpower - (max[(armor - ArP), 0])], min(ArP, attackpower)}

Also note that %damage modifiers usually get applied before this calculation. Only exception to this is the 50% pvp damage reduction.

Level 10
Out of curiosity how come all information regarding updates on 1.1j and 1.2 are posted in this thread and not the thread marked screenshots/upcoming info? It makes it rather hard browsimg this thread for info on the new versions when not every post in this thread is about it

Level 3
Out of curiosity how come all information regarding updates on 1.1j and 1.2 are posted in this thread and not the thread marked screenshots/upcoming info? It makes it rather hard browsimg this thread for info on the new versions when not every post in this thread is about it

I agree with soul. Maybe you should make a closed thread where only mods can write about the progress in the map.

Level 10
It would make a big difference in finding changes but usually it is only 1 page back so it isn't hard to find anyway. Well that is my opinion.

While I agree that is more than likely the case most of the time why would people decide to look in this thread for updates when there is an entire thread for updates. For new people to the forums if I saw a thread titled 1.2 and yes I'm not joking I would just assume it was an announcement that he planned on making a 1.2 not a place I would expect to go to see updates and considering this thread has well over 20 pages I garenree very few people back track to read old pages (with the exception of many of us hard core Gaias players )

Level 10
lol only a . . . few times :p

To be fair though, I never said that we hard core players had to be good (It's just assumed). Clearly I prove that :D

Level 13
It's a fair point though, it would be nice to see some of the progress towards 1.1j/1.2 in that screenshot thread, maybe some ideas behind the 6th class if that's under way or just general areas outlining d4, these would all be nice.

We don't need to know everything now, just little things to look forward to and get community feedback on would be great.

Level 3
It's a fair point though, it would be nice to see some of the progress towards 1.1j/1.2 in that screenshot thread, maybe some ideas behind the 6th class if that's under way or just general areas outlining d4, these would all be nice.

We don't need to know everything now, just little things to look forward to and get community feedback on would be great.

Yeah the same way it was before. It was so nice back than when we were w8ing for d3 :)

Level 5
Well hi,

I didnt write long time somtething. I will just add a little something. In my opinion some items are really weak compared to the afford you need to get them. Eg I always wanted to try Basilic Dagger, which needs 2 very rare drops from dungeon 1 (basilic poison and recipe) and also copper ore, which drops from lvl 30 ogres? So you can get this item onyl very late in game, in whic case it is outpowered by nearly every other dagger you find from creeps>lvl 18. It makes just no sense to have such much afford getting this item and then it truely is just useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.