1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Funmap Evening Event

Discussion in 'Multiplayer LFG' started by WaterKnight, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nobody is talking about punishing anyone. We just don't want people to talk about piracy on this site.
    As a moderator on this site, it is part of your job to make sure that users do not discuss piracy, keep that in mind.
    The rules say that you must not discuss piracy. That is all.

Oh and that "cat scratched my CD" is old as you can download the client legally from battle.net if you have the keys.

2. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is 100% false and you're completely misinformed - that would have been for the most part true years ago. Most games I host and join via MMH / ENT fill in 6 minutes on average. The majority of ongoing public lobbies can be shown here: http://makemehost.com/games.php
    Regulated games managed by ENT can be shown here: https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php

No, I'm not trying to advertise. I'm just annoyed when people say that B.net multiplayer is full of dead lobbies when the experience is arguably better than 2011 and such since that was the case years ago. DotA flooding? Absolutely gone. Cheaters, trolls, and hackers? Regulated by ENTgaming.net. Not to mention the really nice variation of game types hosted.

Valid alternatives... there have been so much complaints about GArena, Gameranger, RGC and such these days. These paved the way for a broader user base from countries where WC3 wasn't mass launched, but now, WC3 is a classic and Battle.net is a better platform. And how is it healthy to embrace stealing?

On topic:
    I would be joining if it was hours to days later. If I do join on this set time, i'd be 3 hours late to the party :p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Guys, I don't think we should talk about the platform anymore. The guys have stated that this will be available on several platforms. We should talk about map suggestions and who is coming.

I hope to come, but it depends on whether or not my girlfriend goes into labor.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  4. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hope I can make it in time as well. But I will be there for sure. :)

For the "off-topicer", the discussion about the platform is pretty redundant. It doesn't matter if the original b.net is a ghost town because we are a set group.
    Garena isn't as accessible as it used to be. But if one is looking closely at the Hosting bot accessibility, one can see that even a pirate can join the party.
    (Only the ranger guys can play for themselves.)

So, hop on the train and have fun until we fall asleep.

5. I see. I don't even have a cat anyways

Then we're all misinformed. Maybe I should consider buying a BNet key more seriously.

We always do.

6. jonhysone

jonhysone

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey hey hey hey hey ...

Personally I come aside with sentrywiz since he makes some point that ALSO helps me.
    The fact is, I myself play on Gameranger TOO. And yes, I have a cracked wc3 client.
    The important thing is "why"...
    I will tell you... I can't even pay anything online, here in the 3rd world country (or almost of em) , there is no way to have a credit-card, no way to load money into paypal, and no way to even use Steam, pay for games or shop online.
    So the only solution to play Warcraft was, to buy it, but from my country's normal shops, yet, they also sell pirated games, because there was no way to get them as genuine-copies.

The CD still exists 'til now and it was a horrible day to know that my CD Key isn't original.

It's the bitty truth, now, I want justice, I will retrieve this from some administrative topic :
    "Because our very concern is every member".

I am a member, I want justice *cough cough*.

7. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    At the same time, you have to consider majority vs minority. 2 people that cant use battle net vs 15+ people that can attend that can use battle net, shifting 2 people to battle net is easier than shifting 15 people to gameranger, which they may not want to play at anyways.

8. Well said. Bit harsh, but if you have a BNet and would participate, it would be cumbersome if you would download a third party software to play on instead. I understand all of your points of view, they are valid.

But I wouldn't call us "minority". I will bet real money that there are FAR more people on hive with a cracked wc3 and without a BNet account than there are people that have both. Its just that we don't know (besides me and johnysone) that came to the light about it. I will even claim that "us" are more than 60%. Just a random guess, but I have a hunch about it

Still your point stands and this leads nowhere being discussed. We'll play on 3rd party software, you guys will play on BNet. Bit sad that the community is getting split because of BNet needing money to play but that's that. "Us" will just have to host our own "warcraft night" for ourselves on game ranger or garena

I'm just glad we all have one common ground - wc3 modding :thumbs_up:

9. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I was talking of course only about the group that is showing interest and is willing to participate during this event, not global scope.

Im sure if there was some easy way to host across gameranger while having the same game hosted on bnet, they would do it, but apparently it isnt feasible or even doable at all

10. Oraien

Oraien

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let's forget about gameranger for a second now, isn't there any other program that gameranger user would download and that would be able to connect both the program and battlenet like Garena did?

11. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Back to suggesting maps.

This isn't a pure hive event. Members from other forums join as well.
    The platform discussion does not belong in here.
    If people want to organize a fun map evening for gameranger users, make a thread for that.

12. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Can we duplicate this in the OP? It's annoying back-searching through pages for the most recent announcement.

13. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think it is a good idea to link the post which has the announcement in the notices of the Hive instead of the thread in general.

That way, you can just see the announcement immediately when you get the notification.

14. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Plural??

15. You jelly of Ralle's harem?
    It could also be "is".

16. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Whoops. Fixed.

17. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Its too late now, we all know your little secret

18. Well due to simply staggering turn of events, Risk.Frishers bought me a BNet account. I guess I'm now a legit consumer of the wc3 community. So now I can participate with you guys.

Also I like to suggest few of my maps as they are relatively easy to play with many players:
    pk jail (2-12 players. has AI)
    villager wars (2-10 players. has AI)
    blink stomp arena (2-12 players. has AI)

19. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Accounts are free, you probably mean a pair of keys. Eurobattle.net does not need them afaik. And yes, I would integrate GameRanger if it was possible (I use it myself when I am on my own) and no, I am not versed with bots at all. Considering the thread structure, I will make some modifications until next time. The title does not fit anymore either.

20. Yeah I meant cd key for warcraft RoC and TFT. You're not versed with bots?

Also, what do you mean by thread structure modifications?