1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Funmap Evening Event

Discussion in 'Multiplayer LFG' started by WaterKnight, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If you want some horror multiplayer experience, you may try my map, the Minotaur's Labyrinth (link in signature). It requires cooperation, quick decision-taking and a lot of bravery!
    I will just update it to fix a few stuff and it shall be ready (it'll be v1.4)

2. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  3. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks awesome! I can't believe I haven't read into it properly before...

4. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 7th of November (Saturday) 9.00pm CET (UTC+1)
    Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
    Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, Lordaeron, Eurobattle.net

5. Oraien

Oraien

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    why isn't there as an option "GameRanger"?

6. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because GameRanger is exclusive. If we go GameRanger, everyone has to use GameRanger.

7. Oraien

Oraien

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, ok

8. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Then what would be the problem? It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to install, it has a low filesize and it is convenient for those that cannot access to BattleNet like me. Let's not exclude this option.

9. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I won't be playing if I have to install any additional software. I really don't like GameRanger, Garena, or other platforms like that.

10. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Almost everybody that uses GameRanger hates it but since there are no other alternatives to BNet, they tolerate this.

11. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ash, usually I just join over BNet. That's how it always works, BNET / Garena both work.

12. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    BNet it is! >:D

13. EDIT:

I want to play with you guys, but its not justified to buy a wc3 account that I may never use again. That's why free alternatives are the best for me (Game ranger, Garena) etc. So if you guys change your mind and host it on some free platform available to everyone, let me know.

14. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Err, you might want to take a look at our rules and be careful how much you mention that "free client"... We are operating on the assumption that you have a license to use WC3.

15. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    To be fair, BattleNet for warcraft 3 is a ghost realm populated now by looping hosting bots and nothing else of much value.

The rules does not specify requirements or deny the use of second party programs to supplement the enjoyment of warcraft 3. Since Blizzard has publicly allowed the modding of its programs and even encouraged it, the usage of programs such as Garena, Hamachi, Game Ranger and so on would thus stimulate the need and life of the warcraft 3 modding scene. For example, had I not been able to use garena or game ranger, I would've probably stopped modding warcraft 3 two years ago.

If a user has legally bought his copy or not is not really any of our concern since we can't really verify the validity of anyones claim, be they good or bad. Thus, punishing anyone for speaking about it would be counter productive.

Instead of dismissing valid alternatives, embrace them instead. It's a much more healthy mindset. We can't change the way the wind blows, we can merely adjust our sails.

However, because of safer internet provider on my end, with decryption and other fancy features, the lan tools I once used no longer works. So for me, battlenet, as sad as it may be, is my only option left as of now.

16. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I feel you. I just prefer to keep botnets off my system, and to have as little bloat on what I'm doing as possible. ^_^

Nobody's punishing anybody. I'm just suggesting Sentrywiz doesn't clarify this statement.

17. Well said

Nowhere in the rules is it mentioned that I need to pay for a BNet account OR own a legitimate copy of WC3 in order to post here. The only "bare reference" is that I don't discuss piracy or drugs. As far as I know, I didn't encourage or force a "let's all torrent wc3 and play on lan!" because game ranger and garena aren't piracy software.

I will further "refrain" from telling people that I have a cracked wc3 client. Instead I will proceed to tell them a pitiful story that involves "my cat scratched my warcraft cd and I no longer can use my BNet account".

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Didn't they come up with a patch that made the CD unnecessary?

Also, where I am it's "only" $20 for the whole Battlechest (RoC, TFT, manual). Not necessarily "throw-away money", but for a game this good, a good deal; something to save up for. : )

19. Oraien

Oraien

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, god, why did I even mention anything... T_T

20. I agree and once I have money to throw on games, I will consider it before buying a game. But since I use Game Ranger to play mostly, idk if it will be worth it.