1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Forsaken V1.11

Submitted by Wa666r
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
---------- wa666r ----------

FORSAKEN V1.11
Created by wa666r

[​IMG]
MAP INFORMATION:

Another Alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the tormented Forsaken.

The Forsaken are a faction of the dead minions of Arthas' and the Lich King who have broken free of their mind control, then begun to serve the Banshee Queen, who gathered the stranded and feral undead, and gave them purpose: to seek revenge against Arthas. The Forsaken took control of the Plaguelands, and even established the capital building's catacombs into a thriving civilization. In order to ensure the survival and the continuity of her people, Lady Sylvanas made an uneasy alliance with the Horde. With dark magics, undying might, and alchemy, the Forsaken are a terrifying foe to face as they fight to their last remains; stopping at nothing to get their revenge.

If it concerns anyone, this Forsaken is post Wrath of the Lich King; after Arthas' death. So the Horde are looking into Sylvanas' plague and the Val'kyr are working hard to spawn more undead soldiers.

[​IMG]
FEATURES:

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Scourge, Deathstalker, Black Hunter, Exterminator.

- a list of new items reflecting the Forsaken race.

- Full range of units each being unique and tactically diverse.

[​IMG]
ADDITIONAL NOTES:

TO PLAY AS THE FORSAKEN, CHOOSE PLAY AS THE UNDEAD WHEN CHOOSING A RACE.

ALSO CHECK OUT THIS PROJECT I'M A PART OF: Ultimate Battle

[​IMG]
BASE DEFENSE/FUNCTION: Though the Forsaken are mainly composed out of undead troops, it's only fitting that the same blight system works for them, just as the Undead Scourge. All buildings aside from the main one must be build upon blight, and all spread the blight further. However, when player units are on blight they regenerate hit points faster than their scourge counterparts. Some may even fully heal in a few seconds.

When it comes to the defense of the base; there are a few tactics that i have implemented. First of, the lumber-harvesting Phantoms are capable enough to take on small forces in the beginning of the game. And, as they are required to obtain lumber, the player will have their support. These harvesters also provide far less experience for the enemy when killed, making them viable scouting units that can harvest trees across maps while keeping an eye on the surrounding area. Another tactics that is used for defense is the main building's "Pale Lady's Gaze" ability, which creates a hovering mighty banshee above the main building, attacking nearby enemy units with high area damage. This defense is very effective and can not be easily countered; it works well to buy time to create a counter-force. However the cooldown is significant enough that the enemy can simply wait until she disappears."

[​IMG]
MASTERY RESEARCH: The Forsaken come along with a special mechanic where a new structure - Black Garden - is a capable of researching a mastery upgrade that changes the way the factions is played in a significant by changing the functionality of the Black Garden and providing specific units with additional bonuses.

Once Tier three is reached the player may choose one out of three mastery upgrades that provides extremely powerful upgrades to specific units. Only one may be chosen per game so choose wisely and see which one will best counter the enemy.

OTHER PLAYABLE FACTION:

[​IMG]
RACE DETAILS:

• - Phantoms are capable of dealing significant damage early on.

- The Main building summon a powerful banshee to attack at range.

- Blight provides intense hit point regeneration.

• - Val'kyr: Both powerful attacks and abilities make her invaluable.

- Bone Walker: Able to take incredible punishment, then become a potent fighter at low health.

- Wraithblade: Stealth-based, hybrid unit.

• - Only healed on blight.

- Armies fall quickly if not properly micro'd.

- High demand for mana, with little ability to replenish it.

[​IMG]
SMALL UPDATE:

- Various tooltip fixes thanks to Kyrbi0
- Stat changes
- Added icon for mastery research
- Black Garden now has more creep spread

[​IMG]
Screenshots/Info:

Screenshots

Image Description:
------

[​IMG]

Image Description:
-----

[​IMG]

Image Description:
-----

[​IMG]

Other Info

Change Log:

Version 1.1:
- NEW FACTION BONUS: MASTERY UPGRADES
- NEW BUILDING: BLACK GARDEN
- NEW UNIT: WRAITHBLADE
- NEW UNIT: BELEAGUER
- NEW UNIT: DARK ROGUE
- REVAMPED EARLY UNITS
- TOOLTIP OVERHAULS
- MAP Updated
- Removed Spymaster
- Changed Apothecary Death Drought to Death Fumes
- New Deathstalker model
- Rebalanced Hero stats
- Rebalanced Unit stats
- Rebalanced building stats and costs
- Gorgon: new ability Clearing Path
- So much more!

Version 1.11:
- Various tooltip fixes thanks to Kyrbi0
- Stat changes
- Added icon for mastery research
- Black Garden now has more creep spread

Credits:

Credit:
Ampharos_222
Ujimasa Hojo
infrenus
-Grendel
Uncle Fester
Edge45
Kitabatake
Thrikodius
Sin'dorei300
Xelthyr
The Grim Reaper
Alastor
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Afronight_76
wingednosering
PROXY
Tarrasque
donut3.5
sigelang
GooS
CloudWolf
Dan van Ohllus
bigapple90
NFWar
D.ee
UgoUgo
kitties :3
(If I missed any just tell me, please)

Keywords:
Undead, Forsaken, Altered, Melee, Awesome, Sexy
Contents

Forsaken v1.11 (Map)

Reviews
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/stopcampingn00b/"][IMG][c]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b[IMG][IMG] Forsaken by Wa666r [IMG] RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 26/30 Terrain & Scenery: 15/20 Total Score: 41/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5...
?

Which Race/Faction would you like to see?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2014.
  1. Illidari

9 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Burning Legion

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Warsong Clan

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Worgen

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  5. Tauren

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. Engkanto

Engkanto

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    some units looks too powerful model-wise for their tier, some units are not lore-wise correct, also some models are not fit for the unit and the warcraft theme,

other than that, it's great

3/5

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Care to elaborate? Which units specifically.

3. Engkanto

Engkanto

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Long Post with Images

Model-wise review
    Okay, Let's start with your first Tier units
    First Tier Units Of All Races

[​IMG]

Now Compare the models of first tier units. First Tier units are essentially the basic troops for your infantry. In an army they do not necessarily need espensive armor, they are more on mass numbers. I mean, your first tier units cost around 150 gold, and they look like a boss level character, or the last tier units. Remember that these are small units, and their armor intricacy are barely even noticed. These first level characters should not look that intricate, i mean sure it's a nice eyecandy, but it just isn't right. The Phantom looks too bad ass to be the soul of a worker. Also changing them into simpler models reduces mapsize and space.
    Heroes Of All Races

[​IMG]
    sorry for the tool palette, i sorta opened your map without permission

Let's move on to heroes, though i completely understand that you want your heroes too look as bad ass as possible, sometimes they look a bit overdone and they look like bosses instead of heroes. the only hero in your list that blends in well was the black Hunter. Maybe even the Scourge. Just look at how the Exterminator kicks ass, but doesn't blend well.
    (stupid high quality models that are actually very good but don't blend well with other models) Why not use the Grand Apothecary model.

Mishaps

[​IMG]

Also sorry, but these are just plain wrong model choices. The bone walker, is a shambling mishap of comedy. It blends well yes, but it just looks plain funny. Sorry to the model maker. The spymaster looks cool, I just dont like the usage of texture in it and it has weird proportions. again sorry to the maker. Lastly, The Deathguard I just cannot understand the death guard. It still looks like a tauren with a face mask to me. it doesn't look undead, only creepy. Some parts of their texture just dont blend well. The Gorgon's name just doesn't make sense with the model, i mean sure it has a petrifying ability, but that just isn't enough.

Remember, choose your models wisely as whole and not because his one model looks bad ass.

Lore-wise review
    (if you dont wanna stick to lore skip this part)
    (if you wanna be creative skip this part),
    Deathguards

[​IMG]

First of all, the basic infantry of the forsaken are the deathguards
    They look like zombies with special uniforms.
    DEATHGUARDS

Geist
    [​IMG]

A geist, kinda looks like a ghoul in WoW lore
    GEIST

Look for Ideas and Inspiration in the Official Lore
    The Forsaken Army

Side Notes

I know there are limited models to choose from, but i am sure there are better models to play for certain roles.

These are all just suggestions, you may or may not take these into cconsideration. Most of these are my opinions and reviews. In the end the changes will always be your choice.

4. Dreadwing

Dreadwing

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good Map

Good map, I had fun with this.
    Also, where did you get model that you used to be Geist? Thats model and Icon is freaking cool!

And I have a suggestion,
    Maybe use and combine This Death knight model (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=94384) with Death knight skin on http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/scars-conflict-resource-pack-168307/ for Scourge Hero.

Also in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/scars-conflict-resource-pack-168307/ / http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/scars-conflict-681/resource-pack-version-1-6-a-195143/ have some resource that (maybe) useful for your map. (Like Skin for Sorceress for your High elf map or something)

4/5

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  5. Zerglol

Zerglol

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree that the heroes look like bosses, but they are. Just as all the heroes basically are in WC3.

I am not seeing what you see in the "mishaps." All the models seem to compliment each other, while still looking appealing to the eye.

7. Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't you just combine all these separate race maps into a singular map with all of them? If they're all polished like all the other users seem to say, doesn't it make more sense to have them all available in a single download instead of this inconvenience?

8. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A maps file limit is 8 MB. There is no way to combine all the factions into one map without going over the limit.

9. Eltilas

Eltilas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Got good impression from the map. One of the best altered melee maps I played.
    Only Bone walker's fueled rage ability looked rather weird, cause I rather heal my warrior at 40% hp or leave battlefield if much warriors at that hp level. And its difficult to figure what is Gorgon's Petrify useful for. Only air units, as i remember, those can not be surrounded, and only enemy units, so cant save by just in time usage (imagine: Mountain king casts Storm bolt and Gorgon saves the warrior by casting Petrify!).

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  10. sarumanthecursed

sarumanthecursed

Resources:
    Resources:
    But there are ways to bypass that and play online such as http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/warcraft-iii-bypass-map-file-size-limit-ver-4-a-259571/
    plus it would be so FREAKING AWESOME! To have all your incredible races clash against each other: Forsaken vs Scarlet crusade, Fel Horde vs Lost Ones, etc...
    it would be insanely awesome

11. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Map is awesome!!, nice factions *-*

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  12. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    can i pm you? i made a wishlist with some models i'd love to see in this map *///*
    Capture.JPG

13. Moises08x

Moises08x

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  14. Dancing Mad

Dancing Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is the logic behind not using the actual Sylvana's model but instead a remodeled Priestess of the Moon?

15. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Because Sylvanes is the ruler of the faction, I would make her more powerful than any other hero. And, assuming more than 1 player is playing as the forsaken, I dont want 3 or 4 Sylvanes running around.

16. master Gul'dan

master Gul'dan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When the heroes are killed when they are gone, they will appear again, but your whole map is good. You can fix this with a custom script.

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, so this is Update v1.1?

18. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's what it says, my dude.

19. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    See I posted that because I didn't see anything about the original upload in the changelog..., and while it was posting I saw the changed title of the whole Bundle. Lol.

Thoughts forthcoming...

20. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The original title should've been V.1 I guess.

"Thoughts forthcoming..." Oh? The great Kyrbi0 going to roast me? XD