• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expansion - World of Warcraft: Catalysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I like the idea for remapping whole zones, what I don't like is the fact that we'll have zone control changes... Also, it seems that my favorite cows will have their peaceful Mulgore on fire.

Mulgore? On fire? What?

Well, looking closely into this picture will show you that Mulgore is shown to have the same color as Ally territories. Which kinda disturbs me. Anyway, it's likely for the Taurens to have found a new home, as long as we have pictures as this.

Cataclysm.png

Level 6
I like what they shown so far about guild systems and the new paths... Can't wait now tbh.. And I fully understand the stats change now. Gosh, like pre-tbc then. Gief naow.

Level 3
lol but if you fight deathwing in a instance it means you will kill him and best villain of wow lore will be dead omg's.

also 1 thing to add its gay that worgen are now for alliance because alliance races sux now they have a cool 1 now which suxs because hordes funner.

Just because he's in an instance does'nt mean he'll die forever... There are plenty of examples of people in wow not dying because of Instances...

Level 13
lol true but it seems like it kills lore when you can defeat a boss over a million times.

Level 16
Tauren priest, paladin? Uh-h. That just doesn't seem ok. Tauren are not the followers of light, they are spiritual.
Undead hunter... might happen.
Dwarf shaman... unlike! :C
Goblins... midgets should have stayed neutral, and worgen should keep away but I can't say I don't like that race since they look cool.
So now it's possible to do a full-cow raid which is cool :p

Level 14
Dwarf Shaman is the thing I always dreamed of. And there are Dwarf Shamans even INGAME. Know your lore before posting Unlike.

Goblins have cartels. Some are neutral, some are 'evil' (just like the Venture Co.) and we already have Horde-aligned goblins. I see nothing wrong.

Level 17
cataclysmpreviewpanel_059.jpg

cataclysmpreviewpanel_061.jpg

cataclysmpreviewpanel_072.jpg

Am I the only one who actually like the new stuff?

Level 14
Tauren priest, paladin? Uh-h. That just doesn't seem ok. Tauren are not the followers of light, they are spiritual.
Undead hunter... might happen.
Dwarf shaman... unlike! :C
Goblins... midgets should have stayed neutral, and worgen should keep away but I can't say I don't like that race since they look cool.
So now it's possible to do a full-cow raid which is cool :p

Dwarf shaman already exist...

What I think is unlike is Undead hunter, how the hell would the get an animal to trust them?

Level 14
I swore I would never return to WoW until they released the "Elemental Plateu" expansion in which I could raid Sulfuron Keep. NOW Ragnaros is alive again and assaulting mount hyjal which is guarded by Malfurion? Lol? What do I do?

~Asomath

Level 6
Who cares about the Worgen. Does just one race really change your opinion of the game that much?

Anyway, they still ruined the lore.

How can there be a Warcraft IV, or even a World of Warcraft II now?

Level 13
they can easily bring back lore but in a non fun way like having some god restore the world so what robot said it doesn't matter about lore at this moment and even for wc4 it wont be here anytime soon so they have got time 2 make some way 2 fix it and add lore back into the game.

Level 15
concerning the lore, they can always say that it's an "alterante history", like GW and Mythic done with WAR =)))

i love the new content. all race/class combinations seem OK to me. yet, one thing is sure - the new expansion will be even more casual than WotLK, 'cos it's blizz, so perhaps i'll return to just level up, have a look at the world, explore new locations and go back to playing good games =))

Level 13
yes they do its the most cartoony it looks but they have other choices they just find its the funnest and addictive MMO.

Level 16
Look, all other free MMOs are quite crappy, or just a simple wow duplicates. They all have either lacking graphics, gameplay, lore, addictiveness or just not too many players. Wow has all of these, some less some more, but makes a perfect combination to make this game biggest money-making game ever made. But... we're getting off topic here...

Level 6
OK, then, this new expansion still is going to piss a lot of people off. What I meant to say was, just adding Worgen as a race doesn't hide the fact that WoW and it's community may essentially 'die' after this release.

Level 13
how so because the large devastation that is happening i think equally half of the wow players will be pissed anther half will be happy 2 find something new in wow and if some players quit this expansion may make others join so mostly we will have 2 wait and see if it dose kill it or save it.

Level 14
OK, then, this new expansion still is going to piss a lot of people off. What I meant to say was, just adding Worgen as a race doesn't hide the fact that WoW and it's community may essentially 'die' after this release.

they said the same about Death knights.

Level 13
WoW isn't dying and it sure as hell ain't going to die with MORE CONTENT!

Level 21
The Goblins fit perfectly with the Horde, but I don't think the Worgen do not.

Well I was hoping for a Forest Troll ally race, Pandaren ally race, or even a Ogre ally race for the Horde, and High Elves ally race, or even a Dragon humanoid like race that allied with the Alliance with the Red Dragonflight's Brood Mother.

Level 3
One Thing is Right, Tauren Paladin and Night Elf Mage sucks! but i'm Crazy for make Worgen Druid! xD

Level 13
The Goblins fit perfectly with the Horde, but I don't think the Worgen do not.

Well I was hoping for a Forest Troll ally race, Pandaren ally race, or even a Ogre ally race for the Horde, and High Elves ally race, or even a Dragon humanoid like race that allied with the Alliance with the Red Dragonflight's Brood Mother.
Alot of those simply wouldn't work. The Forest Trolls are too similar to the Darkspear Trolls, Pandaren bring up problems with China, Ogres might be too big althought they could be possible. High Elves are way too similar to Blood Elves and the Dragonflights would never ally themselves with eithe side.

Level 13
Seeing what Blizz did to Illidan i think they will do the same 50 WoW nerds will make a ground and ''Yay we go kill deathwingz 4 1337 loot yay!''Thats just fail :/
And this will differ from 50 footmen killing him just.... how? They'll probably throw in a lore character like they did with Illidan (Akama and then Maiev to deliver the finishing blow) to actually kill him. It doesn't differ much from the Warcraft X amount of footmen + hero.

Level 6
When I read this thing, I was overwhelmed. The best way I could describe the feeling is being punched in the face with a kiss. I just sat there for a while, staring at the screen. Then I started gibbering and fell off my chair, at which time my leg started twitching. When I got back up, I started speaking fake spanish in a thankful/pleading spanish voice. This may actually make me go back to WoW.

Level 11
Actually, WoW is lore. But we are participating in it. For example, Blizzard says: The Cataclysm caused by Deathwing's rift between the Elemental Plane and Azeroth (similar to the Dark Portal's opening) has created a crack in the Gilneas Wall. From this, we discover that the Gilneans have contracted the Worgen curse, yet they have created a partial cure to keep their human minds when they are worgen.

So, there is nothing super bad here. Gilneas used to be an ally of the Alliance, and since the Forsaken is attacking them, why not re establish ties with your old allies. In addition, it turns out that there might be a connection between the worgen and the night elves also (metzen said the worgen are not from somewhere, but sometime).
So really, we are just participating in the ongoing lore that Blizzard makes. For example, if WoW took place during the first and second wars, wouldnt the "alliance" be all sad and whiny when Lothar (i think it is Lothar) dies? And what about when the horde ultimately loses both wars?? Wouldnt the horde go all whiny and bitchy over that??
Well, suck it up. The lore is not gonna keep everyone alive for christ's sakes, lets be reasonable. You are just participating in the lore, be grateful for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.