• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Excited about SC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey guys
Are you excited about SC2? I received an email containing 100 beta keys and I would like to give out 10 of them today.

In order to get your beta key, you have to do the following:
- tell me how excited you are and
- tell me why you deserve it,
in this thread.

You are required to have a battle.net account.

The thread will last until I have found 10 people who I think are winners.

Last edited:
Ralle, i am one of the first Starcraft II Explorers. I think i deserve it, because out of 3 waves, an e-mail for our team, and stuff, i haven't got a single one. And i think i need 3 0.o

Also, i tried to enter Vespene Laughs, tried joining 12 contests and trolled wow forums because they kept asking stupid stuff. "Where does it show the amount of bullets a marine has on him?"n sheet

Fine, my life sucks, because at the day of the release, i refused making up with a girl because i had to check my inbox for my key. Also, wave 2 was worse. I fell from the stairs running upstairs to check my inbox. 3rd wave was /rofl, because i was playing LoL, and a friend told me the 3rd wave started. I gave up my game to wait for the key. :/

Level 27
Well, i were into SC1 when i was younger.
Kinda lost it.
But yeah, i'm exited about SC2 :)
I can't wait to see how it turns out.
A beta key would ALLWAYS be nice, since really: who DOESN'T want one? :p
So yah, if i could get one it would be Awzum, but i'm sure there's people who wants it more than me.
(TRANSLATED: I'm just posting my opinion. Srzly: Don't give me one.)

Level 12
SC2 is the holy grail when it comes to new possibilities concerning modding and I'm rather excited.

I've waited a long time for an updated engine, which would infuse the community with a lot of new artists and programmers.

I can finally get some tools that work with more recent modeling programs.

With a key, me and MindWorX would be able to experiment with what the engine can do ahead of time, which is rather nifty.

Hi Ralle!

Uhm, it's hard to advertise for yourself :/
oh well.

Well, i'm super-excited about SCII, I can't wait to get my hands on the galaxy editor, i think i'll start out creating a "LOAR" map (Life of a Roach) - You know, the super-burrowers! And make it like a more or less linear map, with lots of secrets, letting you burrow around, use your wits to do nice stuff, like surprise attacks, rescuing zerg, etc. I can't wait to start :D

And uhm, i guess i deserve it 'cause all of my friends have one, and i can't play with them :/ I got a taste for it, as i tried it. And, i'm super-curious about the new Battle.Net system with the adjustable skill levels :D. Oh well, i don't know if this will make the cut!

~Excited Gamecrafter_DK :D

P.s. i think i forgot to say thanks for the birthday mail this year. Remember how i responded to the bot message last year? It was nice to get so personal :3

I have waited for SCII for the third year now and I am pretty exited about the game. The new game engine is pretty cool and stuff but I would love to participate in the new-old game atmosphere.
Why I should get an invite? Well, am asking very small to no things, but I really think I do deserve it because I have enough balls for it.

Level 5
Hello people, I'm here from Bulgaria to ask for a key.

Everyday I go around and search for keys around the whole Internet.

I have entered in at least 4 different contests.

Many of my friends taunt me with the key they have, they want me to more or less beg them for to use their keys and I won't stoop to those lows. So in order not to feel so miserable or lose my dignity(which I probably won't) I want the key you have. So that my seemingly endless search would be over.

I think I deserve the key because I have suffered enough already.
(I have a bnet account)

Yours truly GiantR

Last edited:
Level 21
Hi Ralle.
I really want a key because I alsways wanted to mod a better game than Wc3 'cause of it's bugs and lacks.
I submitted for the beta but I didn't get anything.
And I like science fiction more than medieval games.
I really want the key.

Do you need more chit?

P.S. My life sucks just because I live in Romania.

P.S.2 I know where you live.

Level 1
This game is so SUPER COOL, forget about all other games (except Warcraft of cause), Blizzard hit the bullseye with this one. It would be the time of my life if I got to play it. I am friends with Gamecrafter_DK and i neither have a key. As a matter of fact, i'm sitting right next to him this very moment!

Well, i know that i haven't been on the site for very long, or nothing, but i would consider it an honor if you'd consider me.

Level 15
O wow 100 beta keys... How did you get yours hands on that :D Were they straight from blizzard?

Anyways. I don't like advertising for myself but i reallyy want a beta key... Me and my friend made a pact to learn C++ while waiting for the galaxy editor since it has C like syntax. I'm just waiting for either a beta key ( which never came for me in any of the waves :(:( ) or till the actual game comes out. If you give me a beta key I promise ill put it to good use and not waste it :) Yes i got a B Net account.

Also i have an idea gives some of the beta keys to a few respected users who have done alot for The Hive. Not meaning moderators and Admins(them too though) but community members who have done alot help others participate.
I'd like to nominate RED-BARON for that :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Well, I already have one, but my friend deserves one. He's a StarCraft addict; almost as good as a Korean. He's read every book, has every product ever released related to StarCraft, and he's masterfully studied all the campaign missions.

Lucky Ralle got lucky. =D

If the beta doesn't have the Galaxy Editor, then I don't have any desperate needs of it as my use of Starcraft II will be more likely for modding purpose. I don't care for the melee maps.
However, I wouldn't thank no for a free beta-key. Heard there exists some fun custom maps for the game.

And yes, I have a b.net account.

Wel i think i deserve for it becouse i played wc 3 my life long when i am 6 i started..
and when i am 8 i played starcraft and now finnaly beta has comed out i was like a hyper fish on the ground and i was looking every were i can find a Betta key
i was more then 4 weeks looking for a key bhut every i dint ghet one so i gave up .. T,T
Bhut now this as a last chance it is time to suceed! :p
il hope i ghet one..
and yes i have a B-net ac

Level 15
To begin with, i have a B.net account.

Next i would like to point out that i am a programer, and especially liked Warcaft 3 editor...i guess Stacraft's editor would be like paradise to me.

Endless new possibilities, hundreds ideas for new maps, the ability to create great maps is coming with it.

I don't have anything more than the others, but i need one. If you are willing to share it with me i would be thankfull, if not well meh it's still fine.

Glad to see that you didn't forget us :)

Level 13
Man, 100 beta keys? Damn...
I've been playing StarCraft for 10 years. Which is 2/3rds of my life. It was my real introduction to computer gaming and, more importantly, map making, which has been a huge help when I moved to Warcraft III. And all I ever do is make maps.
Now for why my life sucks; I got a virus trying to get StarCraft 2. It was actually partially my own stupidity, but still. Had to wipe my computer. After I put all my Warcraft III stuff onto a flash drive, of course.
I know my chances are slim, but I'm crazy about this game. Happy hunting.

Level 5
I really wish that I receive the key.
I get really pissed off when my friends who haven't played Warcraft 3 ladder or Starcraft get's a beta key instead of me. They have played like once or twice but noone uses them as they should be used. None of them plans on using the Galaxy Editor too so that's so troublesome.

I have worked with the World editor for a while, but I wish that I get to work with the Galaxy editor as soon as possible! I also want to try to get to at least a decent position on the Starcraft II ladder and maybe get at the same level as one of my best friends! ^^

Level 19
I think some active people on hive who want the beta key would most deserve it. It would be fun to try the sc2 melee now and not wait. I have played sc1 and seen sc2 so I know something about it. Maybe I could upload a melee game to youtube just for fun.

Level 16
How much I am exited about SC2:
First I try to get as much information about the game as possible. I'm reading news from many different websites and try to be up to date so I can talk as much about it I can. Moreover I started programming an Editor in Java for Multiplatform editing in Galaxy/vJass, includes try to learn ANTLR, for maybe getting an Galaxy/vJass-Parser to work one day (hard to work on it). In addition after I finished school in June, I have 4 months freetime till I enter University: In this time I hope SC2 will be released so that I can start playing the campaign and start working on Map-Projects. Therefore I started writing some ideas down for one big project, which I may publish someday (!).
But also I am excited about playing the genius multiplayer-part with my friends (On Lan-Parties etc.). All in all one can say I am so excited that I would sell my PC to get a SC2 copy... and that even doesn't make sense!!

Why do I deserve the key:
There is no special reason why I deserve the key more than anyone else, may I deserver it, since I have 6 Blizzard Games on my battle.net account, but that's no reason.
In my opinion anyone who is very intereseted in SC2 deserves a key.

xD.Schurke

Level 49
Well... I'm really excited for SC2 because I think it's an opportunity for me to improve in 'melee gaming'(at which I suck at the moment) and I'd really like to have some sort of a 'headstart' at modeling for SC2, to learn the amounts of polies and such. The thing is... I have no chance of getting a BETA key through my Battle.net account because I don't really legally own any Blizzard games. I wanted to buy WC3, just to have a slight chance, but I've decided that wasting money for a game that will cost me even more money and will eventually come out to stores is not really smart... And, well, I don't think a key may ever reach where I live in(Israel), no one I know(irl) has received a key either. I really don't think I 'deserve' it as much as other people do... But I think I will dedicate some time trying to learn the game, and to learn more about the models in it, if I ever get to have a BETA key.
I'd also like to help out the Hive with, you know, models and model-edits as soon as I could, and having the beta will probably let me do so early(as in, to understand the natures of modeling in SC2).

That's pretty much it... And yes, I do have a B.Net account.

Last edited:
I am really excited about SC2. In fact I am so excited I already am in another community of Sc2 and gaming called Bylur. Why do I deserve a Beta key? Well, I am a SC2 news blogger and I make blogs about SC2. I believe that a Beta key could help improve the quality of my blogs. I also share my Bylur blogs with THW community, and you can see two of them here:
- New SC2 Novel
- SC2 MotherShip Story

You can see by the dates that the blogs were made before I knew about the contest. I will keep making them even if I don't win any keys.
Hope this is enough to convince you Ralle :p

Level 9
WarCraft III and StarCraft were by favorite game. I've played them from the moment I got my first PC. I truly love Blizzard Entertainment's Games.
I've wasted like 3 weeks searching on Google, YouTube, Yahoo Questions how to get a Beta Key or atleast an Offline Crack or something. Still found nothing.
I have original StarCraft and WarCraft III CDs, and It will be a shame to don't get StarCraft II, since I love these two games! I love their lore, I love everything!
I have Battle.Net account, but I don't have luck.

I want a StarCraft II Beta Key since, as I said upper, Sc and Wc are my favorite games. I would love to play the original StarCraft with 3D Engine and cooler units and balanced.

PS: If I am selected, I can give ya some cookies. And, who knows, maybe some milk? :D

Starcraft 2 is awesome. So while it's in beta state, I would like to test so I can prepare for the real game's awesomeness.
:)

Well really, everyone wants Starcraft 2. Why? Because just see the graphics, it's too awesome. And the environment, you can feel playing a real game. You can't even feel it's a sequel of a 2D game (same I felt on Wc3). It's a great evolution.

So why do I deserve getting a beta key?
Because i needed to :). And it's awesome.

Also I'm creating a conversion map of this game for warcraft 3, so it will be a big help to me if I can play the game

Last edited:
Level 20
I have written a poem which illustrates the humanity of my compassionate soul:

O me! O life! O Starcraft!
Woe is me: a ravenous slumber;
'til these appendages be grafted
on your shimmering box, a wonder!

O grand craft of the stars!
To do, to be... thinketh thee truly?
Those who seek the Meaning afar,
are those who lack a beta key.

O me! O life! O meaning o' life!
These feeble hands graze you
in excitement. An aeon of strife:
I can sense, with sound effects: pew pew!
if I emerge without a key

Please.

Also, I'm an orphan.

Level 1
How excited i am is probaly like small kids waiting for christmas.
Eversince i saw blizzcon last year, i was hooked on the gameplay and editor and what it introduces over their last editor for starcraft 1
If you have tried it, you know it doesnt have alot of functions.
The reason i should get a key is probaly like everyone waiting for it, over the years, ever since they played brood war, which is because starcraft is one hell of a great RTS game.

Basicly, I'm excited not about SC2, but about the SC2 editor. I simply love custom maps and always enjoyed playing funmaps more than any ladder game (Maybe also because I suck XD).

So, the reason why you should give me one of the keys is, that I will definitly make good use of it in terms of SC2 funmaps.
As we plan to make a remake of Gaias Retaliation on SC2 (Hey, you accepted us as hosted project, so I think that means something), I would use the key to get access to the Editor as soon as it is released and immediately start to create Gaias Retaliation II ...

So, giving me the key will result in the opportunity to get a hold of a promising SC2 hosted project right from the start. But it's your decision ... :>
I can just say that - for the community - its better to give the beta keys to mappers. Like that, you can ensure that people (once SC2 releases) will already have a good selection of funmaps, whereas in case you give the key to ladder gamers, you only provided some fun for ONE person.

Level 15
Basicly, I'm excited not about SC2, but about the SC2 editor. I simply love custom maps and always enjoyed playing funmaps more than any ladder game (Maybe also because I suck XD).

So, the reason why you should give me one of the keys is, that I will definitly make good use of it in terms of SC2 funmaps.
As we plan to make a remake of Gaias Retaliation on SC2 (Hey, you accepted us as hosted project, so I think that means something), I would use the key to get access to the Editor as soon as it is released and immediately start to create Gaias Retaliation II ...

So, giving me the key will result in the opportunity to get a hold of a promising SC2 hosted project right from the start. But it's your decision ... :>
I can just say that - for the community - its better to give the beta keys to mappers. Like that, you can ensure that people (once SC2 releases) will already have a good selection of funmaps, whereas in case you give the key to ladder gamers, you only provided some fun for ONE person.

That's just like black-mailing...

"Give me the key cause i am hosting a project."

Starcraft keys has nothing to do with warcraft 3...

If everyone who hosts a project asks for one, all keys will be gone in no time..

Troll.

Go spam an other thread.

I don't think this is called spamming, he made a poem to show how much he loves Starctaft, its really great and he is doing what just Ralle told, prove him that he deserves it.

I think you are just jealous..because you didn't think about it first.

Give me the key cause i am hosting a project.
Wait a second ... he said that we have to say why we deserve to get a key and why others don't. As you can see, the whole thread is about blackmailing.

Other than that: What is the problem throwing out that advantage? It's just for proving that the key is definitly not going to be wasted for me.

If everyone who hosts a project asks for one, all keys will be gone in no time..
Yeah and there will be lots of good funmaps out there once SC2 releases - which IMHO beats the advantage of making one single person happy with a key. And the number of hosted projects on hive is not that large, so I doubt that would be more than like 10 or 20 keys.

Level 7
OMG I AM SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT STARCRAFT 2!

I really loved starcraft 1 that I went and brought it on the release i was like in line when it first came out :D (Not really but if i could have I would have)

Also I'm so excited about starcraft 2 that I check my email inbox daily to see if Blizzard was so kind enough to give me a beta key, which they have not been at this time :(.

Why do I deserve a SC2 beta key?

Well I really wanted a starcraft 2 beta key when it first was announced but realized I didn't get one I almost cried and checked my inbox for about a month with no luck.

Well the main reason I want it is because im a big fan of Warcraft 3 and want to be one of the first people to start playing Starcraft 2 so I can have an early heads up on learning the editor and about Starcraft 2 so I can start making reviews, tutorials, maps, icons etc for Hiveworkshop as soon as the game is fully released.

Also I have Warcraft 3 and Frozen throne and still play custom maps on their like heaps and I also have the original Starcraft which is epicly fun I just played the campaign for like my 200th time and it still doesn't bore me.

Plus when Starcraft 2 comes out in australia I'm a try to be the first person to get me a copy and be the first australian to upload a map, icon, model etc to Hiveworkshop, that's if I get a beta key because I will have prior experience with Starcraft 2.

So, if you choose to give me a beta key, I'd like probably have a heart attack with excitement as it would make me soo excited and make my day.

Ground
Spider Mine
Terran Ghost
Terran Marine
Terran Medic
Terran Firebat
Terran Scv
Terran Vulture
Terran Goliath
Terran Siege Tank (Tank Mode)
Terran Siege Tank (Siege Mode)

Air
Terran Wraith
Terran Dropship
Terran Valkyrie
Terran Science Vessel
Terran Battlecruiser

Ground
Zerg Larva
Zerg Zergling
Infested Terran
Zerg Broodling
Zerg Hydralisk
Zerg Drone
Zerg Defiler
Zerg Lurker
Lurker Egg
Zerg Egg
Zerg Ultralisk:

Air Unit
Zerg Scourge
Mutalisk Cocoon
Zerg Mutalisk
Zerg Guardian
Zerg Devourer
Zerg Queen
Zerg Overlord

Ground
Protoss Scarab
Protoss Zealot
Protoss Probe
Protoss Dark Templar
Protoss High Templar
Protoss Dragoon
Protoss Archon
Protoss Dark Archon
Protoss Reaver

Air

Protoss Interceptor
Protoss Observer
Protoss Corsair
Protoss Scout
Protoss Shuttle
Protoss Arbiter
Protoss Carrier

Critters
Rhynadon (Badlands Critter)
Bengalaas (Jungle World Critter)
Scantid (Desert Critter)
Kakaru (Twilight Critter)
Ragnasaur (Ash World Critter)
Ursadon (Ice World Critter)

Miscellaneous
Map Revealer
Flag
Young Chrysalis
Psi Emitter
Data Disc
Khaydarin Crystal
Mineral Cluster Type 1
Mineral Cluster Type 2
Protoss Vespene Gas Orb Type 1
Protoss Vespene Gas Orb Type 2
Zerg Vespene Gas Sac Type 1
Zerg Vespene Gas Sac Type 2
Terran Vespene Gas Tank Type 1
Terran Vespene Gas Tank Type 2
Scanner Sweep:27x31 Terran Civilian
Nuclear Missile
Infested Kerrigan
Uraj Crystal
Khalis Crystal
Disruption Web
Dark Swarm

Do I Needa list the buildings aswell?

I really wanna know what building/units are awaiting in Starcraft 2 so I can have a go memorizing them too!

Well good luck and may the best person get a beta key,
Lag_Reviews!

PS: If I don't win the key thank-you for the opportunity it is much appreciated and gratz to whoever gets it.

Last edited:
S ][ C
W i n g s ..o f.. L i b e r t y

Well don't Know if there are still any, but, MAN am i thrilled about SC2.

I've been waiting for the beta for ages. Still haven't gotten it.

I've played every blizzard game but war2 and WoW. and probably beat each game about 50 times. Modding is the one thing i look forward to in my free time. that and the hive. Its really the ne thing that i love to do. I am soooo thrilled about sc2 coming out.

Not only is it going to be the best rts (until the next bizzard one comes out) but it is going to be the best modding toll available, again, until the next blizzard product.

I'm fairly serious modder, and i arrived very late to the wc3 modding scene, so SC2 will really my first real modding tool. and having learned wc3 well, i feel i will be ready to tackle sc2.

I would love to have sc2, both for the exellent gaming, and so we can find out mre about the editor and the game, and prepare for it. I guess no noe here really deserves one more than anyone. but HELL i woulld shure love it.

I'm also in charge of SC2 updates on another site (horde studios), so i could use one 'cause of that. i guess ts up to you! :D Oh, and also i pwn, so theres another reason. lol.

Hope i get it! :D

P.S.

Like Lag_Reviews, i wish luck to whoever gets it. even if thats no me. :D GO HIVE!

Last edited:
I am excited about SC2, just for it being like a comrade of the Warcraft sequence.
I am excited about SC2, for involving the total opposition of Warcraft 3 by packing a tactical strategy/fantasy game into a futuristic instead of medieval suit.
I am excited about SC2, because i am a fan of the Starcraft 2 campaign-story, it's very creative and they managed it to make me excited and to question myself: how does it continue?
I am excited about the Beta, because my team and me want to transfer the widely popular Battle Tanks map we're making into SC2. It's simply matches SC2 even more than Warcraft i guess.

I am a bit angry about Blizzard since they denied our request of getting a key for the developement of it, and not a single person of the team got a beta key.
That's the reason why supporting me in the achievement of a betakey directly results in our work to continue a famous map on another game - without leaving Warcraft 3 totally - and in our endless thanks.
Some members of the team, like Exodus, the previous head developer, or me, already created systems for SC2 without knowing that they'd match the engine or without knowing, wether somekind of "phoenix-fire"-styled ability is included in SC2, just because we nearly gave up the hope to receive a key.
You, Ralle, gave us a new hope!

And hell, i am excited because the graphics are just looking that awesome, that i instantly would like to check out, how much tank resources there already are included ingame!

(Edit: On a side note, my mother would love to play the beta as well (we'd of course share keys).
I guess such a behaviour should be promoted ;)
Also, my toenails curl by an inner tension as they wait through the seemingly eternal which is stirred continuously. I guess that's also a sign for excitement ^.^)

Last edited:
I don't think this is called advantage because at the moment you are just "telling the users that played and voted your map to become a hosted project" that you are better than those.
No, I do not. I just said that - in terms of common sense - it is better to support the mapping community than passing the keys out to ladder players. After all, this site is about MAPPING. You see a pattern here?

Level 10
Well, i feel i'm very excited about starcraft 2 seeing as i somehow can't refrain from checking my email atleast 3 times a day in hope of a beta key. Everytime i have a new unread mail, i always think "this time it has to be a beta key!" even when another part of me tells me there's no way it could happen.
The time on the internet that i don't spend on checking my mail is mostly used for checking updates to the game, developing/reading strategies about the game or watching tons of sc2 pro games to keep my hunger sated.

The normal gameplay of sc2 seems to be unimaginably utterly fantastic, but the galaxy editor... well, to be honest, i can barely comprehend the awesomeness. I started learning C++ in a rush just to be prepared for the editor even though i knew it was months away. I have a hard time waiting for sc2 and the galaxy editor to come out, and it would be alot easier if i didn't try to keep myself updated 24/7 about everything starcraft related, because it makes the waiting time for the game so much more unbearable. I have too many strategies to test and i don't even want to think about what will happen when i get my hands on the galaxy editor. But for now i'm keeping my ideas for the game limited, so i don't get too excited and spend all my time on sc2 related stuff.

That should be enough moaning for now. I can't come up with a proper reason as to why i deserve a key more than anyone else. The coming months would be easier to get through for me, but it's not like i need a key that badly.

Level 11
hiho,

i played wc3 many years - or well i mapped for many years.
as i saw sc2 coming up and with the editor features im so exiting about the game.

well, i must say that i ve already downloaded it,
but as you know you need a key to play online.

i love the zergs but playing against the KI is just too easy OR (cheated version) too imba.^^

well my most interest goes to the editor.
the concept for my new map is already done and you can watch it here:
http://goh-orpg.foren-city.de/topic,840,-starcraft2-stars-over-caldas-by-robbepop.html
(this is a forum of one of my games for wc3)

about 8 months before the beta started i register at bnet to take part in opt-in.
i was very optimistic - but no key. :-(
i still hope that in futur waves i will get one.^^

my whole friends playing Sc2 also did not get a key - so no real chance to get a friend invite. >.<

it would be just very nice to get one of those 100 (!) beta keys to finally get started making my profesional map for sc2! :D
-> xml editor sucks. xD

Robbepop

Level 16
I want to candidate for the key also. I tried this 2 times(on the blizzard site) but like always it missed me. Why do i want to have one? At first to mod, after the release of the original version Blizzard can like always reject some of the models and some users might want to have them.Second i am a sc lore fan. 3 I have completed Sc1 with the expansion and can't await the second part of the game.Reason 4 i like pancakes! And thets all. If i'm not worthy to have one of them it's also ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.