• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Excited about SC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Rofl, there are already many people who have said they want it, but I could try. I'm pretty excited about the game and I would really like to mess with the Galaxy language. I've heard some people have already created a TD without the Galaxy Editor and that says a lot. I played SC when I was younger, I sucked at melee games though, so I only played with my brother. I don't think it's melee games I will play when I get SCII, which I eventually will since I'm going to buy it, there's no doubt about that :D
It would be awesome if I could learn the Galaxy language so I'm prepared to moderate SCII spells when they come out, if I'll be a SCII spell mod that is ^^

Level 24
I had an epic dream few days ago about SC2

It went something like this...

Me and few other fellow marines were trapped by group of zerglings and we held as long as we could until we started to die one by one. When I turned to face those zerglings I heard a couple more of them coming from the other side of the damned trench. I used a stimpack and quickly took another rifle from a fallen marine. Holding a rifle in both of my hands I started to shoot and scream. "Die you motherfuckers!"
It was glorious. Feeling the recoil of my rifles and hearing the pain and agony coming from the zerglings as they fall down from the hail of death I unleashed upon them.
I began running towards my death, the rush of enjoyment fulfilled my mind and body as the stimpack started to fill my veins. The first zergling reached me and I gave him a fullpower uppercut with my iron fist. It's jaw ripped off went flying in the air and blood raining like a fountain. It wasn't enough however, the second zergling came running towards me and I threw my borrowed rifle at it and shot him to shreds with my beloved "Sherry".

Too bad it was all a dream... but it was an epic dream.

I think it's my destiny to receive one of the keys and live the moment again, but now in form of pixels and polygons!

Why do I deserve it more than others you ask?
Because destiny chose me!

Level 27
Wow, it seems that Bllizard actually understood how immportant to whole WC3 modding community THW is!
Man I would really love to get a beta key! Game like this come outs only once in decade, I can't wait for such an masterpiece! Gerat gameplay, beautyful graphics, superb game editor with endless possibilities... what can be better than Sratcraft 2?
Oh, and I think that I deserve this beta key because I spend lots of time here in Hive, altrough my mapping skills at begining were very low, at THW they immproved greatly and I actually shared with my friends who still play WC3 about THW so they could learn how to mod WC3 too!
Oh, I do have an acount, I'll tell you my e-mail if I'll be selected.

Level 1
I am excited about SC2, just for it being like a comrade of the Warcraft sequence.
I am excited about SC2, for involving the total opposition of Warcraft 3 by packing a tactical strategy/fantasy game into a futuristic instead of medieval suit.
I am excited about SC2, because i am a fan of the Starcraft 2 campaign-story, it's very creative and they managed it to make me excited and to question myself: how does it continue?
I am excited about the Beta, because my team and me want to transfer the widely popular Battle Tanks map we're making into SC2. It's simply matches SC2 even more than Warcraft i guess.

I am a bit angry about Blizzard since they denied our request of getting a key for the developement of it, and not a single person of the team got a beta key.
That's the reason why supporting me in the achievement of a betakey directly results in our work to continue a famous map on another game - without leaving Warcraft 3 totally - and in our endless thanks.
Some members of the team, like Exodus, the previous head developer, or me, already created systems for SC2 without knowing that they'd match the engine or without knowing, wether somekind of "phoenix-fire"-styled ability is included in SC2, just because we nearly gave up the hope to receive a key.
You, Ralle, gave us a new hope!

And hell, i am excited because the graphics are just looking that awesome, that i instantly would like to check out, how much tank resources there already are included ingame!

(Edit: On a side note, my mother would love to play the beta as well (we'd of course share keys).
I guess such a behaviour should be promoted ;) )

+1 for him, we really want to move our map as soon as possible to SC2 to get as big as possible and maybe then have a chance to be an well-known alternative beneath DotA :)
would be so awesome!

Level 18
I am VERY!!!!! excited. I've been waiting years for a new Blizzard RTS to be released and have been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft Orcs and Humans as a child. I for one have always played the Warcraft series and never got a chance to play any Starcraft so I am particularly excited for a new storyline, new strategy, and new gameplay.

Most of all, as a mapper, I would really like to get a feel for the game so I can begin to plan new custom maps for SC2. I fully intend to mod for the community and I think this would be a great opportunity to learn the game and take the first step towards creating new and original maps. Ralle, I've been a member of our community for 3 1/2 years and would love to continue being a part of it for years to come.

I really hope to be selected!

Level 17
Woah.. I guess i give it a try then.
I have always been a big fan of strategy games, this includes RTS. I got StarCraft Broodwars when i just were a small kid (about 6 years old i think), and i just loved it, i played it for probably a solid one year until i found warcraft 3. And by this time i knew about custom games and wanted to try myself. And now when i heard about StarCraft 2 it was like a dream comming true, i have been modding warcraft 3 for a few years now, and with the possibilities that StarCraft II have, you can not even dream of what you will be able to do. I have constantly been thinking of Starcraft II since the day it was revealed, and i will probably continue to do so for many years to come.
And with the experience from playing the actual game, it will obviously help me developing my modding ideas.

I think i deserve it becouse i, with a few of my friends have given this community, aswell as many other warcraft 3 gamers something to enjoy, in this case diablo 3 warcraft. I gave this project my all for about 6 months just becouse i found it fun and becouse people asked for it. I actually spended my entire summer last year (2 months) on warcraft III modding,
I am a global moderator on one of the biggest starcraft 2 modding communities out there (UDmod).
I already have a project concept up and running on UDmod (Legend of Selendis) with a insane amount of documentations and what i am going to do that is yet to be revealed.
Ohh, and yeah.. I am going to buy collectors edition of wings of liberty, and i will buy limited edition for the protoss version aswell if there will be one.
And to end this, i have always supported this site! And i recommend it to all wc3 modders out there!

Last edited:
Level 12
Might aswell give it a shot..

I still play Broodwar over Hamachi when i attend LAN parties, or on the occasional weekend when theres no LAN party and people still wanna play...

Been waiting a while for SC2 to actually come out, and its got alot of "hype" behind it now that the Beta is out, so would love to if this is true or if its just "hype"..

Playing Starcraft 2 would give me a break from playing Wow and Fps games before school everyday.. though, would stop me from coming to the hive... which is never a good thing xD

if i dont get a Key, ill just go buy it when it comes out :D then make some maps :D and whatever else there will be to do.. Endless possibilities, endless choices...

thats all from me :D

-Draknyte1

P.S. I have a battle.net account

Level 13
I am so exited. SC was one of the first games I ever played and it is awesome.
I would love to test Sc2 and share my opinion with you.
And I love creating maps for wc3 and I hope to be able to do the same for sc2.
A new game is a completely new chance to get a famous map.
The wc3 community has it favorites and it's hard to get a new map popular.
So sc2 is a whole new chance to become a famous mapper.

I might only have 158 rep and only 1100 posts but I am an active member and I try to help wherever I can.

Level 30
So, when's the deadline?

As soon as he found 10 people who would deserve it in the package of given thread rules :)

I also had to update my previous statement.

Edit: A moderator should sort out the posts which are not clearly an application (like this one, i have to state in my endless sorry). Otherwise, there's just too much to read.

2nd Edit: Of course, i have a battle.net account.

Level 11
Eyyy Ralle!
How exided im? 1-100, it would be OVER 9000! no but realy, I would love to test SC2 beta and prepair for the real game!

Well, I've been wating for it for a long time, i was in the beta line, but dident get chosen :p

And i got a battle net account with over 7 games :D

Level 1
Well I've been a big fan of SC since I was 4 years old and played it until Warcraft 3 TFT came out, And still regularly get online for a friendly match with my friends, I want to try out the new series in the franchise as much as any other fanboy/girl and would love if I got a Beta key for it. I have been excited from the time it was announced that SC 2 was on the way and have waited for a long time to try it out, I really loved the game even without custom maps because the melee was just so many times better than Warcraft III ever was (Warcraft II is comparable because it didn't have heroes yet). So I hope you pick me but if not then I hope the people you choose are more worthy of it than me.

Level 11
Hi there, Ralle.
As I'm sure you've already got more than enough posts to skim through, I'll try to keep it short.

I'm excited 'bout SCII because I'm a huge fan of every single RTS game Blizzard has made, and I'm confident SCII won't have problems living up to the standard. I'm also above the rooftops about the Galaxy Editor, as I love making maps in WCIII.

I think that there probably are others who deserve a key more, but I thought I'd give it a try. So my reason as to why I deserve a key would have to be this: I won't be whining should I not get one. I sure would love to get into the beta, but it's far from the end of the world if I have to wait for the finished game. And like I previously stated, I am sure others deserve it more. But I hope you would consider me anyways.
To be honest, my life doesn't suck without that SCII beta key. But it would be even better with one. :D
And naturally I have a B.net account. If not, I wouldn't have been arsed to type all this.

-A.C.

Level 1
What can i say about SC II, it´s awesome!!

i love the original Starcraft and brood war games
and i would love to play SC II

Ever since i was a kid, my life was to play SC
the graphics are awesome to be old and the Sound and quotes are the best

never seen any other game that are so awesome that "Starcraft"

When "Starcraft II - Wings Of Liberity" Comes out. im going to buy the Collectors edition to get that extra stuff about Starcraft , Thank you :)

Level 6
I think I deserved it because I could finally start working on chernobyl² for starcraft 2.
Don't know what chernobyl is? -> www.chernobyl-lost-riddles.com

ps: also because I got Hanky to release his iGen ^___^ another reason would probably my real addiction to wc3 ... -> 4920hours logged in (you can check this by accessing battle.net with a stealthbot), in the past 7 years :/ I need to play another game >_<

Level 4
I know that there are already too much posts and that you probably won't even read this but still:p

Well I really love SCI and been waiting since a few days after I start playing that for the next one (played few years after release so most stuff of SCI was outdated and loved to have a updated version;))

My brother received a key last wave and he's teasing me with it since:S I can only see it not play:(

I want a beta cdkey because i'm excited to try to play with the editor when it comes out for beta, i also want to get an understanding of all the units for use in custom maps.

i've not made multiple accounts or even tried torrenting the key, as i want to get it legitimetly, considering it's just a beta, so please, ralle, give me a cdkey

I have a battlenet account.

My brother has a cdkey and i'd dearly love to play with him.

Level 7
I think top mappers should get some, as we (beta-ppl) need some kewl maps once the galaxy editor comes out! Blizzard has said that they aim to release it this month, so it'll probably get released next month. (source)
Maybe give out 10 beta keys to the top 10 mappers on hive? You could decide who the best mappers are by simply looking at downloads, or creating a mapping contest, or even a poll.

I really think mappers should get the beta key, as we are a mapping community.

Level 27
I think top mappers should get some, as we (beta-ppl) need some kewl maps once the galaxy editor comes out! Blizzard has said that they aim to release it this month, so it'll probably get released next month.
Maybe give out 10 beta keys to the top 10 mappers on hive? You could decide who the best mappers are by simply looking at downloads, or creating a mapping contest, or even a poll.

I really think mappers should get the beta key, as we are a mapping community.

As far as I'm mapper I agree.

Yes, its my crudy sarcasm again...

Level 15
I repeat myself...Ralle told you(all people out there) to ask for beta cd-keys, not to make him decide how he is gonna give them.

That's his decision and i think he cannot change it after making a thread like this.

*And really, this one made me laugh, you people that agree that those cd-keys should be given to the best map creators, agree because you think you are one of them?:xxd:

Level 27
I repeat myself...Ralle told you(all people out there) to ask for beta cd-keys, not to make him decide how he is gonna give them.

That's his decision and i think he cannot change it after making a thread like this.

*And really, this one made me laugh, you people that agree that those cd-keys should be given to the best map creators, agree because you think you are one of them?:xxd:

No. Actually I agree with part about mappers and other modders, not about The Best part.

Level 12
Well, i don't really 'need' the beta key, but i sure want to give it a try.
I am very excited about starcraft 2 but i am able to wait for it, even tho it aint coming *that* soon.
As for a reason, i don't really know any, other than it was my bday yesterday (monday) but that really doesn't count as a reason.

Other than that, id love to try it but without a 'very good reason' I suppose that I wont have a chance :<¨

PS: TL;DR the thread, just a few posts.

Level 25
Good original posts + not including sentences like "played all rts's", "have X posts and X rep", " I played sc1", "I helped this community" (thanks but not the point here) or any other unrelated reason especially the ones we are seeing in each and every post.

Want that Beta Key badly?? be original, be creative, express your true words without the sucking up.

Surprise us!

Edit:Being a mapper/mod w/e wont help
SC2 Beta don't have the WE
dont have a B.net account, the Beta Key wont do shit.

(we have already started giving out key's)

Level 8
This is it:
I have tested and they are legit.

Come on raise the bars! Tell me why your lives suck without this key!

You wanted to show me all my life to you, to express how much i suffer....
I reaaaaly need this Key or i will never ever be the same again...
When i eat, i will still be hungry
When i drink, i will still be thirsty
When i relax, i will still be stressed
I cant sleep anymore, for 120 days since this new's you posted here ;).

Watch this and you know how much is suffer, how much all sux to me
and only you can save me, and only you can help me out...!

LINK (careful it is very sad)

your "sadfaced" equal is greeting..

Last edited:
Level 14
Well...
Every day i look at my battle.net account and email account after school. I also check them at least 3 times each day. I watch streams and battlereports of SC2 all the time. The beta has infested my mind, eating my brains and soul from inside. If i don't get it fast enough, i die. It's like an evil spirit, beyond this world... Every time i see people posting threads about how happy they are because they got a betakey, i die a little bit inside. Also, every night, when i go sleep, i pray for Blizzard to be kind enough to send me a beta key. Still nothing.

My depression grows larger and larger inside every time i check my email and my account, and when i sleep i sometimes get dreams of starcraft II.
I reinstalled SC1 after a big break to cure the depression and infestation. It helps a bit but not much. I'm bad at playing it though, so bad...

My friend gets a betakey from his brother soon and it would be awesome to play together. I have been waiting for the beta for a long time... but still nothing.

My soul will be redeemed if i get a beta key.
I barely can even sleep.

Oh, and i loved starcraft. I still remember those fun days playing custom games and melee. I mapped sc too. When the game/editor is out, i'm going to make maps A LOT.

Last edited:
Ralle, I've been crapping my pants for a real Starcraft beta key for the last few months.
I've been checking my Battle.NET account everyday for 3 months now in the hope that I'd receive one. I wasn't the biggest Starcraft 1 player, but I definitely played it, and modded it as well.
It would be pretty nice to have the SC2 beta so that I could get a headstart on modeling for it.
PS-I'm gonna be late for school because of this post XD.
PSS- When I get home, I'm gonna record a guitar song just for you, Ralle.

Level 6
I think i deserve a beta key because i've always wanted to participate in a beta. To try and feel the game all the way through.
Then Blizz announced the Sc2 Beta. Dam i was happy. Signed up and that stuff, waited forever.
Everyday i was checking my email. No key :'(

Well, that's how it is sometimes.
But then, you announced beta key giveaways :D Happiness!
Lol this starts to sound pathetic >_>
Anyways, i think i deserve it because i have the time to play it, and enjoy it. Loads of. Like, seriously... coming home from school, no homework...

It will be resting safely with me :)

Staaaarrrrcraaaafffftt... Staaaarrrrcraaaafffftt... oh crap, i'm going nuts :S

Last edited:
Level 16
I don't think this is allowed by you, Ralle, anyway. I'm already in the beta, but I want a key to give as a gift to my friend, he realy is a good friend. Ralle, you could send the key to my friend directly if you doesn't trust me, if my friend are chosen.
He have no idea about this thread, and I realy want to suprise him with a key, he would be realy, realy happy.

He's loving SC2 beta realy much, he almost bought a key for 200 € (Euro). But I persuded him not to.
He have been playing SC1 for ages, he loved the game, I'm not sure, but I think it's the first game he ever played. He likes doing maps like me. Both me and him are waiting dramaticly for the SC2's editor.
He will also realy be testing the game, it's an beta afterall, he isn't just there for winning game after game, he will problaby post a bug if he finds it.
He have been looking on streams and everything, and have for sure wanted the beta moore than me.
I also want him in the beta because it's much funnier to play 2v2 than 1v1, and I don't want some angry random teammate, if you know what I mean.

When I told him that I got into the beta he realy gone wild, he was realy, realy, realy jealious. He have been wanting to borrow my account all the time. But I have told him that my account risks to be banned if he does. So he understanded, and didn't ask moore.
I realy want him to get a key, he have tried many things, I have also tried many things to get him into the beta. Like the facebook giveaway, maybe twitter, i'm not sure.
I can tell you that if he get a key, he will be using it. For sure.
The reason I haven't told him about this thread, is that I want to give it to him as a gift, for being a good friend. He have helped me with some seriously problems. And that's not just any problems. It's some realy personal problems. Etc.
He have helped me much. And been there when I have needed him as a friend. He is my best friend, I have had EVER!

If you think that I'm not going to give it to my friend, if you think that I will sell it. You're very, very wrong! My friend shall have it if I get any key. He have realy been waiting for that game.
If you still thinks that I will sell the key, or use it for any other purpose than I've told you, then I wouldn't have wrote these last lines.

My friend would be all crazy and realy happy for this.

Regards
Warhunter

Level 25
I don't really want the key, i got no Bnet account but i could give it to one of my best friends because he has a Bnet account and he is a SC junkie as i am.

There is no need to sing poetry for the key though, so i am only going to state reasons why should i get it:
  • I am registered on 2 sites that worship SC2, including this one.
  • I got about 100 SC2 artwork images on my computer :eek:
  • I am constantly spamming blizz's site, Gosugamers and UDmod for SC2 news, either this is freaky or counted as "devoting" time to SC2.
  • I don't want it for myself, making me probably the least selfish person in this thread :p

I am not possessed by a game, i own the game, whether you give it or no i will play SC2 one day(when it goes open beta), so just cooperate and hand it over now ;)

Oh and yes i understand that i started 50% of the sentences with the word "I", i am not an egoist, i just suck at grammar.

Level 24
I'll keep this short, I'd like a SC2 beta key for unexciting reasons, I just want to play it and see how my computer will handle it. Now for what reason should I get one? I really don't know, perhaps being a former map mod can help somehow? No really, I don't expect to get a key, and I won't lick ass to increase my chances, do as you wish, Ralle.

Level 13
I'm gonna try to convince you? NO!!, try is not in the dictionary but homever I CAN CONVINCE YOU!!
This is why i deserve it and why i am so incredibly excited for it
Starcraft 1 was amazing, it was so balanced. It had Good races, Fun to play online, Fun custom maps and overall a really good game. I remember those friday nights playing together with my friends over LAN (i didn't have internet then) and we had so much fun. I still play starcraft with my friends both online and on LAN. I am so incredibly excited over this game. I know deep inside my heart that blizzard won't make me dissapointed. The galaxy editor is going to be amazing from what i've seen in blizzcon, but i'm more excited of the meele gameplay. I've pre-ordered SC2 since 2008 so i know i'll get it sooner or later. I deserve SC2 because i know that i won't make them dissapointed, I WILL ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST, AND WHEN I'M THERE I AM GOING TO ENJOY IT EVEN MORE! a life without SC2 can't possibly be called a life... i've waited for SC2 to come out for a really long time, and the days are blurring into eachother... it feels like a thousand years... this time... no pain.., should no other man experience. the feeling to not be complete. I've been loyal to blizzard, i've bought and played blizzards games from lost vikings to WotlK... wotlk dissapointed me so SC2 HAVE TO BE FREAKING AWESOME!!! I have bnet account and i've signed up for beta the day it came available. I'm from sweden.

Best regards from Nara-shikamaru... sc2 hurry... before it's too late...

Last edited:
Level 11
My Reason: College

I WOULD LOVE a beta key because I want to get a jump on the game, understanding the units, understanding the editor, so that I can create a decent map as soon as possible. I'm a junior in high school interested in Video Game Design as my major. As part of my application, I am to include a video of my editor work (with my as a voice over). I am under heavy time constraints as the deadline will be around September. Obviously a successful map takes months of work. I CAN use the Warcraft 3 world editor, however that is painfully outdated and over time Ive grown serious distaste for it. My passion for the editor has dissipated.

I would really appreciate a key, to help take some of the pressure off the time constraints. In warcraft, its really useful knowing the units/abilities when I need to get crafty in creating unique units. This same theory of knowing the game = better modding should apply to Starcraft II, and the sooner I know SC2 the better my college application project will be.

Level 7
I already have a key, although I'm quite sure normal SC2 won't quite do it for me after a while. I'll need custom maps. And to get custom maps, I need ppl who make them.
That's pretty much why I want mappers to get a key. And that's also why I think at least ONE should be given out to a good mapper. Who is a 'good mapper' could just be decided with a mapping contest, to make it fair for everyone.

Level 8
Ralle, you signed yourself to read a tons of paper about whining and others people misserable life that doesn't have a betaaa keyyy.
So, what about a break from all those misserable sentence since you'r a hell of a guuuy.

His a hell of a guuuy.
But you have, missed one thing...
That is:

1(One). I love, starcraft one.
2(Two). I love, warcraft III
3(Three). I love, my creati-vity.

Buy you do realised, that you have missed one thing. (Again...) The hell of a guy-
That is:

1(One). I hate, world of warcraft.
2(Two). I hate, spring break.
3(Three). I hate, Michael Jordan.

No, I don't really hate MJ as he is a hell of a guy. It's just... His last name is from a toothpaste company here in Norway. But this is most certant irrelevant from a factor phase between 1-10 as it is:

1(One). I liek, girls.
2(Two). I liek, parties.
3(Three). I liek, trolls.

But you are a hell of a guy that managed to-o get this far beyond my reason that I really deserve starcraft II beta KI in the second place becauuuse:

1(One). I will, use it everyday.
2(Two). I will, use it to play.
3(Three). I will, hopefully not wait
4(Four). More months tooooo plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Hey heeeeeey.
Hey heeeeyhhh...
He-heeeeyyhh..
Hh-heeyy.
heheyy.
hhhheyy...
That's why I got two in maths, he-heeeeeeeeeyyyyhhh...
hhhhh
hh

Status
Not open for further replies.