1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Nest TD v1.76

Submitted by GamerSmurf
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
♦ Dragon Nest TD v1.76 ♦

By GamerSmurf

Gameplay
[tr]
- Select one of the Dragon eggs and defend it at a chosen location by building towers and maze
- 30 waves are spawning from one of 8 caves chosen at random and are ordered to attack your egg

Nature egg:
- Regenerate hit points
Fire egg:
- Increased damage to nearby towers
Earth egg:
- Increased hit points
Water egg:
- Decrease armor of nearby creeps
Ice egg:
- Decrease movement speed of nearvy creeps
Wind egg:
- Resource reduction
Lightning egg:
- Increased attack speed to a nearby tower
Shadow egg:
- Explosion
Gold egg:
- Golden Shell

Each egg has advantages and disadvantages and some are better at early game or late game. Use the feature from your egg to exploit its advantages

Invite link to discord server for the map: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Screenshots
[tr]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[/tr]
[tr]

Features
[tr]
Minigame after wave 10 and 20
Bonus wave after wave 15 and 25
More than 25 great locations to defend your egg

Lumber can be used to research upgrades to help you survive or upgrading your opponents creeps(PvP mode)
In single player your creeps will automatically be upgraded during the waves
In multiplayer you can select the Last Man Standing mode where creeps are upgraded automatic for all players
[/tr]
[tr]

Credits
[tr]
Missile bouncing system created by Madhatters
Nature, Ice, Fire, Earth, Wind, Lightning and Water egg are created by Vortigon
Shadow egg created by alfredx_sotn
Gold egg created by Blizzard Entertainment
Demon Tower created by HappyTauren
Amethyst Tower created by Pyramidhe@d
Dragonmaw Rider created by Sellenisko
Shadow Elemental Tower created by icewolf055
Water strike icon created by Golden-Drake
Gust of Wind icon created by Sin'dorei300
Immolation icon created by siegkaworu
Slippery Terrain icon created by The Panda
Scratching icon created by Kimbo
Golden Shell icon created by Darkfang
GUI-Friendly Damage Detection v1.2.1 by Weep
Troll created by HappyTauren
Ignite breath icon created by 4eNNightmare
Summon Wolf icon created by Kimbo
Goblin Hovercraft created by Freddyk
Necromancer created by Sin'dorei300
Necromancer icon created by D.ee
Lightning Totem icon created by Raging Ent
Berserker Tower created by Skipper
Berserker Tower icon created by NFWar
Mo'arg Overlord by FerSZ, Murlocologist
BTNNaturesWrath icon created by -Berz-
Ancient Warrior created by Darkholme
Enhanced egg upgrade by Darky29
Witch Doctor created by ironmaiden
Firelord created by Tarrasque
Firelord icon created by kola

Loadingscreen picture found at Dragon nest - Desktop Nexus Wallpapers
[/tr]
[tr]

Changelog
[tr]
Dragon Nest TD v1.76
- Each egg can now be upgraded
- Added a Minimap image(Created by TDSrock)
- Added Witch Doctor Tower
- Added Firelord Tower
- Peon size reduced and will not get stuck behind trees
- Balancing to several towers and a few waves
- Light armor creeps takes 15% less damage from spell damage
- Renamed modes to PvP(Normal) and Last Man Standing(Survival)

Dragon Nest TD v1.75
- Added Ancient Warrior Tower
- Added a new mode in multiplayer(Survival mode where creeps get upgraded automatic for all players) - Possible to vote Yes/No for the minigame
- Minor terrain changes and a few bug fixes
- Range Tech now increase the range for more towers
- Neffed the Druid towers dps a bit

Dragon Nest TD v1.74
- Income per lumber is increased to 2 gold per 100 lumber
- Improved the antiblock system to avoid juggling
- Improved the Egg Drop ability
- Buffed wave 21-30(10 hp to 100hp)
- Reduceret creeps attack by 50%
- Reduced minigame prizes
- Increased the number of upgrades for Reinforcement and End Round Gold

Dragon Nest TD v1.73
- Lumber used on creep upgrades now increase end round gold
- New income upgrade for single player
- Creep hit points increased for wave 11(5 hp) to 30(100 hp)
- Added Necromancer Tower
- Added Berserker Tower
- Fixed a few minor bugs

Dragon Nest TD v1.72
- Updated Shadow Elemantal Tower lvl 7(forgot to increase dps with the last upgrade)
- Faster missile speed for the Tube Wyrm Tower
- Updated description for the creep upgrades

Dragon Nest TD v1.71
- Antiblock unit is now visble
- New trigger preventing contruction of a tower next to another players tower and very close to a creep
- Updated terrain
- Balancing, updated tooltips and minor changes
- Separated lumber and minigame area with shallow water
- Number of upgrades shown for each tower

Dragon Nest TD v1.70
- Fixed a bug causing the bonus wave to disappear when walking on the center of the map

Dragon Nest TD v1.69
- Added Tube Wyrm Tower
- Added Wolf Caller Tower
- Added bonus wave after lvl 15 and 25
- Created Discord server for the map. Invite link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Dragon Nest TD v1.68
- Introduced a chance to receive an upgrade when dropping the egg
- Added Strength Tower
- Added Shadow egg
- Added Gold egg
- Changed Wind egg
- Added Tower value to multiboard
- You can now observe the game when you lose
- Balancing and fixing a few minor bugs

Dragon Nest TD v1.67
- Removed fog of war
- Increased movement speed for creeps until they get near the egg(Range of 4000)
- Few balances to towers, creeps and upgrades
- Replaced War drums upgrade with Howl of Terror upgrade
- Replaced "Kills" in multiboard with "Creeps left"
- Reinforcement upgrade added(increase number of creeps)
- Fixed bug with Lightning egg causing a player to lose if another player didn't drop the egg

Dragon Nest TD v1.65
- Creeps will now attack towers when blocking
- Display range ability added to all towers
- Improved some leaking triggers
- Improved passive icons

Dragon Nest TD v1.64
- Added Lightning egg
- Improved terrain
- Reduced the movement speed of peons by 5 per player
- Removed creep upgrades in single player
- Improved Maze Tower description and several upgrade descriptions
- Ajusted Amethyst Tower size with upgrades
- Changed icon for Research Food and Research Income

Dragon Nest TD v1.63
- Added a new model for the Fire egg
- Added credits in Quest log

Dragon Nest TD v1.62
- Uploaded to HIVE
[/tr]
[tr]
► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」
[/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr]
Previews
Contents

Dragon Nest TD v1.76 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Where did you take the loading screen from? 2. Terrain has 95% no tile and height variation. 3. Research Food has no DISBTN (icon looks like a green square on F10/pause). Also, the icon looks like that of a passive ability. Use these to make a...
Paillan
Critical bugs were fixed as asked in last moderation. I see no reason to not put this back to approved state. Set to Approved ====================================================================== Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map...
  1. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sounds like a good map in paper, although the description needs a rewap and an extention, you could for example describe the eggs, the creeps as well as other details to apeal more to players. I suggest using one tof the templates that I always add in my reviews.
    I also think that more screenshots could be used.

Set to Awaiting update
    ======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

2. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the detailed response Paillan. I'm new to both this forum and uploading one of my maps.

I will rewap and extent the discription along with all the other things you have asked me to do. This will be done in several steps, so the first update will not include everything.

3. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Don't worry, take your time! :)

4. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think that I have done everything you asked me to do. Will you take another look at it to see if I missed anything?

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Where did you take the loading screen from?
    2. Terrain has 95% no tile and height variation.
    3. Research Food has no DISBTN (icon looks like a green square on F10/pause). Also, the icon looks like that of a passive ability. Use these to make a proper icon:
    4. Research Income and Sell have the same icon.
    5. Enemy units won't know how to attack towers or the egg if they're melee and on lower ground. Instead, they will just wander near the edge of the cliff while the towers shoot them. Make them attack the towers blocking the way? They have little HP anyway.
    6. Not letting the the player block the way to the egg is a lazy way of not implementing something to disable blocking it. At least write a proper description of the game in the Quest Log and mention about this.
    7. Would be nice to find some models to replace units used as towers since they attack with their back or side to the enemy.
    8. Why are the upgrades of creeps still available in singleplayer?
    9. Multishot changes places with Upgrade to Lightning Tower. Set the icon positions properly.
    10. What about a proper description for the Maze Tower?
    11. For instance Amethyst Tower's upgrades don't change its aspect at all; make it a little bigger/change hue to differentiate levels?

You could make the game more interesting by adding ranged enemy units or even flying ones (melee+ranged).
    Would be nice to write a /maximum number of upgrades in the title of each upgrade.

Set to Awaiting Update.

6. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review.
    1: Link added in credits
    2: Terrain tile variation has been improved. In the next update I’ll add more props to improve the terrain further
    3: Changed icon of Research Food(with DISBTN)
    4: Change icon of Research Income(with DISBTN)
    5: This behavior is likely to happen, when and only when, a player is blocking. With many many attempts, I have tried to change this but so far it has not worked. I can further explain, but you might not be interested in reading about all the attempts and problems that follows.
    Instead, I have created an antiblock system with an invisible referee unit. First you get a warning that you are blocking. Second time your egg loses half of its hp. Third time you lose the game.
    6: I’m sorry if I am reading this the wrong way, but I wouldn’t say that my antiblock system is a lazy way of not letting players block. To make a code that disables a player from blocking the path to the egg is really difficult to make for a mapmaker of my skill. I’ve searched on hiveworkshop and thehelper.net/forums/world-editor-help.58/ to learn how to prevent players from blocking. It would be nice to have an antiblock system like in the map Mazing Contest, but I think it is impossible to make a similar one in this map
    7: I will try to find models that can replace the units, but it has not been not in this update
    8: Creep upgrades are not available in single player anymore
    9: Fixed
    10: Changed the description from “Has no attack or abilities” to “Useful for mazing at the beginning of the game. It has no attack but can be upgraded to several towers.”
    11: The Amethyst Tower now increases its size with each upgrade like the other towers do

I have thought about adding a greater variety for the creeps, but range and flying units will create a lot of issues of balancing in regards to egg placement and how some egg abilities need the creeps to walk near the egg. But I’m still working on making more upgrades to make it more interesting

The description of each upgrade now contains “This upgrade has X levels.”

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Water Strike's icon could look like a passive ability's. Same for Gust of Wind.
    Guard Tower's upgrade icon is not the Scout Tower but the Guard Tower's. Wait. What's the use of the Guard Tower upgrading to an Arrow Tower when you can build both of them from the start? The gold cost in case of emergencies? For some reason, the buildings seem to be considered different (cannot double click select them both).
    Really? Where? It only mentions the current level.

Cautiously set to Approved.

8. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Water Strike is just the Frost Arrow icon(ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNColdArrows.blp) whereas the Gust of Wind is the Tornado icon(ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTornado.blp)
    I don't think they look like passive abilities.

The Maze Tower is used for mazing at the beginning as they only cost food. Mid and late game you need at bigger maze where the Guard Tower can used for mazing instead as it is the cheapest.
    I'll remove the Arrow Tower from the builder, so you only can get it by upgrading Guard Tower(it's a bit confusing as it is now)

The upgrades at the Great Hall all has "This upgrade has X levels". I included it in the extented tooltip instead of the title.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They don't but they should as they are passive abilities. You don't have to click on them neither are they autocast based (like Searing Arrows for example).
    Hmm... didn't see that. But I was also referring to the tower level too.

10. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's possible to block the path, kill most of the creeps you are against, unblock the path and not loose health for blocking the path. This means that killing creeps is very easy by abusing the block and unblocking. You need to fix this, it's a very problematic bug.

Set to Awaiting update

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

11. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

After a lot of testing I have fixed the creeps behaviour. When you block the path to your egg the creeps will attack one or several of your towers(likely those creating the shortest distance to the egg). When this happens the creeps are ordered to walk to the egg again and the tower hp is set to 50%. If the path is still blocked, the tower hp will be set to 0% and others towers might get destroyed in the proces. I have kept the old antiblock system too, as it works as a warning before the creeps will attack. I might remove the penalties from that system later on as the creeps turn very aggressive when blocking now.

I have improved the passive icons so they all look like passive icons as they should.

12. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    maybe you could add more minigames, one minigame is boring quite fast. Also, make upgrades more interesting perhaps (this are only optional stuff)

13. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Critical bugs were fixed as asked in last moderation. I see no reason to not put this back to approved state.

Set to Approved

14. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    GamerSmurf, I have a suggestion for "tower" units: try using an actual unit as the base unit for the structure. There's a tutorial for this on the Hive:
    Tower Turning Tutorial

15. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks. I have a few concerns about the Acquisition Range being creater than the actual range due to the range upgrades. If this causes the unit to look at the target before attacking the unit it might look funny.

But I'll have a look at it before the next update

16. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Remember playing this haha :D

17. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was curious so I looked at the 50 times I have hosted the map. It seems like you have played version 1.27 :) So many improvements since then

18. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you tried the tutorial Wark? The tutorial recommends using a unit, but not that you have to. I have 70 towers in my map and I have some problems making the towers able to turn. When I follow the tutorial on a Guard Tower with a unit model, the game closes as soon I start building the tower.

19. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Strange. I tried the tutorial and had its example going: a gryphon rider turning and throwing hammers.
    I am not using it in large scale however. I was experimenting with it so that I can figure out how to "build" units instead of training them.