• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Thats because he kinda allowed them. The people of Stormwind - they are fools. I remember how when I played WoW, I accidentaly, without even knowing about it, found warlock hideout in a tavern with a creepy name. I would lead the whole's city's defences and armies in this tavern and Stockade, destroying them! But Stormwind sucks since the end of the Second War.

Level 23
WoW stuff. He would never allow warlocks, but the "Orcs need a Warlock class in WoW" so we have it. Another stupid stuff they made Thrall do to keep the game balance is to accept Forsaken and Blood Elves in the Horde.

Level 23
He would never allow warlocks in the Horde, after he saw what happened to Grom in the day of his death.
And first of all blood elves and Forsakne would never join the Horde... well at leats blood elves. BE and F are their own legacy - I call them Avengers. perhaps the naga are with them.

Level 23
Races of the avengers:
  • Blood Elves who hate Alliance for their "betrayal"
  • Forsaken who hate everything
  • Naga who hate night elves and stuff
Their allies are:
  • Illidari - broken, fel orcs, satyrs, demons(De facto Outland Avengers, sponsors and supporters of Azerothian Avengers)
  • Defias Brotherhood(Possibly, but not really allied. Just share some stuff like information)
Satyrs, dark iron dwarves and black dragons may also be allies of Avengers, or share the same ideology. Syndicate may also be spies of Avengers.

Level 23
They found out when Loken was killed in Ulduar, so they sent an observer to check the planet, for Old God infestation. He came and found out that there is a serious Old God problem(which is intriguing). A bunch of n00bs killed him, and he understood that rebuilding the planet(destroying and building it from metal, stone and air)is bad, since there are so many great races. He helped the races to send a positive code to the Pantheon. So Azeroth is in its own hands right now.

Level 21
It is like killing a coast guard that is trying to save you from drowning. I say old gods manipulated players and they thought that they killed Titan creation so they would loose hope.

Also he doesn't look like he is from Warcraft at all. He probably was sent by Xel'naga to go to Starcraft and he got lost.

Level 23
Oh, thats one of the greatest mysteries. It is said that they were named so before Dark Portal, but there were no dragons in Draenor.
It is said that dragon meant serpent in language of orcs, but it doesnt fit a bit, so its a retcon that's never been retconned for some strange reason.

Level 21
Deathwing appeared in post second war so he wasn't first dragon seen by orcs. Dragonmaw clan was created somewhere in second war I think (well it would make more sense). They were to small to be very old clan. Or maybe originally dragon were on dreanor?

Level 23
No they werent. There were only basiliscs, salamanders and lizards and possibly chimaeras. I too think that Dragonmaw should have been said to be created in the Second or even after the First War. But strangely it is said that its a clan from Draenor, that came to Azeroth later.

Level 23
The mystery of the name from WoWWiki:
It is unknown exactly what prompted the orcs to name their clan "Dragonmaw". It is apparent from Rise of the Horde that their name had been such for many years — long before the orcs encountered anything resembling dragons, the dragons being native to Azeroth. It is possible the Dragonmaw changed their name after they took command of the Red Dragonflight, or after Deathwing flew into the Dark Portal and secreted a clutch of eggs in Outland which, subsequently, hatched. However, this would nullify Rise of the Horde, in which the name of the clan is Dragonmaw — years before the idea of the Dark Portal was even devised. This may mean that there are or were dragons native to Draenor, or at the very least they existed in the form of mythological creatures in orcish culture — which would indicate that the Titans came to Draenor as well, which in turn indicates that the "reborn" Azeroth, freed from the Old Gods, predates Draenor.

Level 21
Hey that my line! Also it isn't considered lore since it is fan based.

And second reason is Warcraft 2 manual. It clearly states that Dragonmaw is older then warlocks which means Blizzard intended that Dragons were from Dreanor before they changed their mind latter.

Level 23
No, I mean mountain giants of Draenor.
It seems that they were on Draenor since there is normal life there, and colossuses.
However in Draenor they used normal life matrix. Azeroth was an experimental territory, with new ways of creating life(earthen), research facilities and extremely dangerous prisoners. However it seems that Draenor didnt avoid Old God infestation after all. From the looks of it, there is at least one Old God, who seems to be not as powerfull as Azerothian ones, but still powerfull. He also seems to be chained somewhere in the deeps... and still his prison is only a little shattered. But if he did influence... wait! What if Draenor giants(f.e. ogres)originate from assimilated Colossuses(Draenor mountain giants)? They look pretty similar in shape.

Level 23
Crazy? Not really. Old Gods came from somewhere... and it is strange that titans didnt know about them, nor where they are from. Perhaps there is a world in which the Old Gods power is at full potential, where they summon their forces: faceless ones, protoplasms. The world must be completely corrupted. Like a virus-infested cell. Perhaps there is even some sort of source of corruption, like Well of eternity, only corrupted.
Perhaps even the Army of Light that is being created by the Naaru, will try to hold off the Force of Corruption.

Also there are no titan facilities or guardians in Draenor because it didnt have a source of concentarted magic.

Level 21
Old gods come from Zerus :p
Aren't old gods native to Azeroth but new gods kicked them out. There is no reason why Dreanor would have Old God but then they are just might crazy enough to go there. Maybe one came through one of million of portals.

And Protoplasmic creeps are from non lore campaign. Shouldn't they use elementals or something like that. I personally think that Dwarven campaign is better but wow....

Level 23
So you understood that all of that stuff I said is from Dwarf Campaign? ^^
You are right, and I really like it. It almost seems like some lore they created was stolen by Blizzard. N'Gah the dreaded citadel of the Old Gods is awesome, but there are no Old Gods there.

No Old Gods arent native to Azeorth. After the titans seeded life in Azeroth, necrophotic creatures(Old Gods)infected the planet. However their power was so great that some of titan projects had to be restarted after defeat of the Old Gods. Plus they put a lot of guardians in Azeroth.

I only wonder, where'd they come from?

Level 23
Yeah, I thought it has something to do with zergs, however I wasnt sure.
And Old Gods are way too powerful, even for Overmind, especially since his powers are specialized for some special things by Xel'Naga. Like controlling zergs.
Also, its interesting what happened to those Xel'Naga who he assimilated?

Level 21
Nah they operate very similar. Old gods only lack the mutation virus but they do same thing. They mind control races and powerful beings. Owermind is more powerful since he can teleport. And about xel'naga it seems he absorbed part of their their knowledge and learned about protoss.

Level 23
I know about that, but what happend to them? I guess they couldnt be assimilated, so soon they desinigrated.
Also, Old Gods can teleport, Azeorthian ones cant. C'thun because he is really weakened, and others because they are imprisoned. I wonder what will happen when all of them get free. Also, C'thun was killed. Since he was thought to be killed, it seems that his death wont destroy Azeorth. But if the others will die...

Old Gods use artifacts in which they send their power and their minds and powers to change or to be correct assimialte somebody.

And what do you mean they dont have a virus thingy? What about the Curse of the Flesh?

Level 21
Curse of the flesh doesn't have anything to do with mutation virus (it also doesn't make sense). Mutation virus is what gives zergs ability to evolve and infest.

Do you wander how Arthas was able to do what titas couldn't?

Oh and xel'naga bodies were probably no use to the zerg. They eradicate what they see as weak.

Level 23
Xel'Naga? Weak? Perhaps...

Curse of the Flesh really doesnt give ability to evolve and infest...
Or does it? Faceless ones(succesfully assimilated)are made out of tecntacles, so they can easily evolve into more powerfull forms. Plus the Curse sometimes acts as a virus - it can spread from one to another.

Level 21
Well physically. Or maybe they were sick or something.

Faceless are ancient and nowhere was mentioned that they are assimilated creatures. And curse turned metal to flesh which makes no sense. There were flesh creatures before that curse I mean just look at all other worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.