• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIIIW Inventory

Level 14
I'm sorry but I haven't read all 18 pages.

Is it possible to create your own layout for this? Like if I for instance wanted the inventory on the left side

Level 12
Me aswell. Am I able to use units instead of trackables in my custom inventory when im done? I just really dont understand how we can bind this to a UI we want.
I cant continue my Diablo II project before this is done. I am going to make a inventory using DGUI and this inventory system.

I will fix some stuff, update the testmap, prepare for the post in the spells section and then we can go.

Me aswell. Am I able to use units instead of trackables in my custom inventory when im done?
Ofcourse, but then you have a delay caused by unit selection.

I just really dont understand how we can bind this to a UI we want.
I cant continue my Diablo II project before this is done. I am going to make a inventory using DGUI and this inventory system.
Well, CustomIntentory has just one little update trigger that runs the UIs update. So its not really bound to any UI. You can access to any of the inventorys data at any time. That is why making an UI is such easy.
Very nice idea with DGUI, however, this is non-mpi, and if you use the multiplayer version its bound to his camera system.

Level 12
Ofcourse, but then you have a delay caused by unit selection.

The reason that I don't use trackables with DGUI is that I can't get it to work. DGUI's units / buttons is "updated" meaning it is moved to coordinates that is calculated after the cameras setup. I don't know how to move trackables. But i heard its possible if you attach them to a destructable or something.

and if you use the multiplayer version its bound to his camera system.

Yixx made it work with the normal camera. It can work with every camera but you need to test ALOT of times because you need to get the right formular for the "Win2World" function (window2world).

however, this is non-mpi
Actually im working on making this mpi :)

[edit] Its also good to use DGUI with this because if you make an FSI using this that fills the right side of the screen. Giving the possability to not pause your hero while in inventory thats a BIG + if you ask me.

The reason that I don't use trackables with DGUI is that I can't get it to work. DGUI's units / buttons is "updated" meaning it is moved to coordinates that is calculated after the cameras setup. I don't know how to move trackables. But i heard its possible if you attach them to a destructable or something.
Thats a lie. You can't.

Yixx made it work with the normal camera. It can work with every camera but you need to test ALOT of times because you need to get the right formular for the "Win2World" function (window2world).
You are free to use DGUI and create an interface with that, but I would never touch it.

Actually im working on making this mpi :)
See above.

Level 5
I'm starting to make the items for my map so that when the system is released I will be ready :)

But then I realized that in your equipment system there are no pictures to show what item belongs in what slot. Can you tell me what type of armor will be apart of your system (ex: main hand, chest, amulet, gloves ect...)

Level 12
I'm subscribing to this thread since i have seen many of anarchons projects and they all are very well designed even i dropped my jaw when i saw his casting bar system.

Hope this turns out well if it does then i might use in my map :)

I'm starting to make the items for my map so that when the system is released I will be ready :)

But then I realized that in your equipment system there are no pictures to show what item belongs in what slot. Can you tell me what type of armor will be apart of your system (ex: main hand, chest, amulet, gloves ect...)
Directly CnP from my map:
JASS:
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_HAND        = 1
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_TWOHANDER   = 2
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_RING        = 3
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_MISC        = 4
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_BOOTS       = 5
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_MAIN        = 6
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_TROUSER     = 7
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_AMULET      = 8
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_GLOVE       = 9
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_HELMET      = 10
        constant integer ITEM_CLASS_SHOULDER    = 11

I'm subscribing to this thread since i have seen many of anarchons projects and they all are very well designed even i dropped my jaw when i saw his casting bar system.

Hope this turns out well if it does then i might use in my map :)
Thanks, I am glad you like my systems! :)

Level 17
Okay then :D
I will download when i get time :)

Also Vengeancekael, i love your avatar ;-) This is my on UDmod:

haha ^_^