• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Tested current three animations - Walk, Stand and Attack Spell - all of them are going to be tagged Alternate, as this model is going to have two sets of anims. Some world editor work is needed to make the walk animation match the speed.

Attack anims are quite awkward because the tail is well you know,BUT IT WOULD BE RATED DC!
Who cares about the Filesize!

Level 14
I don't know. What's wrong with it?

look at the tail when he attacks,it curls
But if you want it that way i cant disagree with you since you are the creator of the best mode in hive
:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:CANT WAIT!:xxd::xxd:

That's true. This is probably the only thing he could do in air. Speeding the anim up would definitely screw up the wing flapping. A probable solution could be slow yet powerful attacks in-game. I'm also planning on adding a flame emitter from his mouth during the anim. I'll see if I can do something about it though.

look at the tail when he attacks,it curls

It looks more natural this way. It would be quite awkward if the tail stiffened while he's attacking, wouldn't it?

Stand:

11sfeio.gif

I'm having trouble with the landing animation. I made the whole landing sequence and the problem is that whenever I hit the land button (spell based on Storm Crow Form) the unit lands and then plays the animation. Is there any way to set it up in the editor later so that the animation plays during the landing and not after reaching the ground or should I make a simple snap of the wings as the animation to mark the landing?

Level 15
Is there any way to set it up in the editor later so that the animation plays during the landing and not after reaching the ground or should I make a simple snap of the wings as the animation to mark the landing?

Alot of people (like myself) will prefer to just code the landing, animations and all, to avoid problems like this.

BTW, this model is really incredible, I really hope you end up finishing it ^-^

Level 3
just wondering what is the next animation going to be im really interested it looks great :) you shame blizzard cuz their deathwing is rubbish compared to yours from what i see

Level 4
I suggest giving him a swipe with his right and left claws as his attack 1, attack 2 animations. The one posted would make a very awesome spell throw animation, though. IMO It looks like he's spitting a fireball at something.

Level 7
We will also have a version that, like the dragons already in Warcraft 3, is only in flight mode right? I was thinking this Deathwing would be useful for a Warcraft 2X campaign remake and that would be useful.

Level 15
The animations are looking great man.

IMO this IS the most impressive WC3 model I have seen. Even better than Anarchianbedlam's prowler and Dickxunder's succubus.

I wouldn't spend too much time giving this thing 30 animations at the cost of file size (although I'm not quite sure how much those affect file size). I do, however, think that a claw-swipe for a basic melee attack would be a good idea.

Level 8
Can it be with a lot of special effects? If so, his eyes, mouth and all of his cracks could start glowing really intense and start shooting out light, then he explodes like 100 tons of C4 with a lot of fire.

btw, you have a feeling of how much is left of this project? ;)

Level 7
Your explosion idea seems pretty cool, Kwaliti. All I was thinking was a simple re-use of the generic in-game dragon death explosions but mixed in with some fire this time around (not sure if that's allowed though).

Level 7
If I were to translate Deathwing to Warcraft 3 from how he's put together in WoW... uh... that'd be impossible because he's not a raid boss with spells yet. So far all we've seen of him outside of quest lines is him being a dragon and flying over random zones at random times torching everything in his path and giving newbs and lore freaks like me achievements for our first redshirt death in his flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.