• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you already know about this model of mine from chat. Time to make it public now.

~1800 polies, finishing the rig and preparing the model for animation now.

zkrebl.png

Level 10
... I... You... I...
God. Don't even think about changing that head. This War3 Deathwing just pwned the one from WoW. And I mean it. And from what I see, if this's only a WIP, then... I can't imagine how he'll turn out. Great job.
I dislike the legs though. Look to ordinary. And the body I think should be a little bigger (Or the head a little smaller from what I see in WoW.)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Brilliant! His chest seems a bit small, though. From a completely unbiased standpoint, by the way, because I don't know what Deathwing really looks like.

Would be pretty awesome if you make both walking and flying animations, plus the transitions between them. Good luck.

Time for batch answers:

My only concerns are that his chest/stomach plate is a bit bright and his wings are a bit too bright/saturated.

At first I wasn't going to change the texture at all, but since a number of people suggested changes, I'll take them all in consideration.

Do you plan to include teamcolours?

Besides the portrait, no. You can always add a glow via attachments.

And another question, you'll make ground and fly animations?

If you do, you could also put in a land/take off animation.

Would be pretty awesome if you make both walking and flying animations, plus the transitions between them. Good luck.

Yes, both sets will be included with the morph animations.

I dislike the legs though. Look to ordinary. And the body I think should be a little bigger (Or the head a little smaller from what I see in WoW.)

Brilliant! His chest seems a bit small, though. From a completely unbiased standpoint, by the way, because I don't know what Deathwing really looks like.

The angle of the shot is fucked up. You'll see more.

On a side note, progress will be substantially slowed down because school started here, but the model will be finished Soon.

Level 10
Time for batch answers:
At first I wasn't going to change the texture at all, but since a number of people suggested changes, I'll take them all in consideration.
Besides the portrait, no. You can always add a glow via attachments.
Yes, both sets will be included with the morph animations.
The angle of the shot is fucked up. You'll see more.
On a side note, progress will be substantially slowed down because school started here, but the model will be finished Soon.

Nevertheless this is one awesome model for Warcraft3... It looks so cutting edge and cartoony-nextgen. Good job.

Ah God, I can't imagine myself going to sleep tonight without testing this model in Magos...

Level 10
pretty nice, i wonder how the animations look like, and if the filesize will be over 350kb :)(i guess it's alrdy bigger, i just hope not)

You know, there are models that are like 600 or 700 kb and suck... if this model has over 1 mb, then I'm not stunned. It would be the most realistic I suppose. BTW I forgot to ask...
the poly count plz?

EDIT: Oh, 1800 poly... Much smaller than what I've been thinking ^^ I suppose this won't be too much-of-a-memory-takeover.

Last edited:
Level 10
Looks too awesome to be true... I can clearly say that you "f***ed" the makers of the Deathwing model for WoW... It had so horrible walk anims IMO...
Can't wait to see the rest of the anims.
Is it me, or does the walk alternative anim on that picture do the "Wing hit" 2 times? 1 time he's looking to the left, the other one to the right.

Level 49
While this IS completely fucking awesome, I wouldn't agree it's the best model ever made for WC3; I think the Lindormr Dragon would take that place, simply because it took one whole year to develop. Both are on the same level of EPIC, though, so I'm not complaining. :D
This is, however, a lot better than the WoW deathwing. Good job!

Level 10
While this IS completely fucking awesome, I wouldn't agree it's the best model ever made for WC3; I think the Lindormr Dragon would take that place, simply because it took one whole year to develop. Both are on the same level of EPIC, though, so I'm not complaining. :D
This is, however, a lot better than the WoW deathwing. Good job!

I wouldn't agree that The Lindormr Dragon is the first place just because it took more time to finish. It just was... so plain IMO. It didn't fit very good-ly in Warcraft 3. And it was 1,2 mb, so...

Level 21
Deathwing will destroy Azeroth before we even try to save it!
Hurry up Azeroth Defenders and save the world before Deathwing kills us all!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.