• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
It heavily depends on the compression of the texture. And for which quality you are aiming. There is a wide range of filesize - quality relations. It's said that you can get acceptable texture quality for wc3 when compressing with 75 % with Warcraft Viewer, which means a filesize of ~200 kb or less. But the filesize is increasing fast with every more percent. A 99% converted texture might take ~400 kb or more. So it heavily depends on how Kwaliti decides to convert the texture.

Level 7
Whoa. O.O I've been looking for this model for ages, and I really loved your Lich King models, Kwaliti. :)

Keep it up, and good luck with school. Here's hoping we get our Deathwing fix this year. :D

Level 7
This model promises to be a site-owner just like his Lich King model, though. I can see it now.

I have in mind to use this for a random cinematic spoofing the Arthas vs. Illidan scene at the end of TFT. Arthas and Illidan are fighting in front of the doors to the Frozen Throne, and all of a sudden the sky goes red, the two have an "Oh snap!" moment, and Deathwing swoops in and pwns them both. They then get the "Stood in the Fire" achievement.

SMBComix said:
I have in mind to use this for a random cinematic spoofing the Arthas vs. Illidan scene at the end of TFT. Arthas and Illidan are fighting in front of the doors to the Frozen Throne, and all of a sudden the sky goes red, the two have an "Oh snap!" moment, and Deathwing swoops in and pwns them both. They then get the "Stood in the Fire" achievement

cool idea...

Level 13
I have in mind to use this for a random cinematic spoofing the Arthas vs. Illidan scene at the end of TFT. Arthas and Illidan are fighting in front of the doors to the Frozen Throne, and all of a sudden the sky goes red, the two have an "Oh snap!" moment, and Deathwing swoops in and pwns them both. They then get the "Stood in the Fire" achievement.

lulz :D

Level 7
I am inclined to agree with Fish's last question, Kwaliti. How soon do you think you can get this badass released?

Pardon my dwarvish. >.>

Level 7
It'll be well worth the wait. :) Kwaliti should change his name to Mini-Blizzard.

...Then again, it's much the same thing. XD

School's ending in about 24 days here.

keep-calm-and-carry-on.png

Level 7
Many of us are! I can't wait to see it in action and make it give Arthas and Illidan the "Stood in the Fire" achievement!

Level 7
"Oi! Lookie there, it's Deathwing!" "Deathwing!? I'm gonna punch him in the face!" "Nae, ye dolt, just shoot 'im!" "THIS IS MAH BOOMSTICK!!"

*Deathwing swoops in and torches them all. They die, and as they release their spirits to the nearest graveyard, they spot a golden banner at the bottom of their vision, a golden banner with large black words stamped across it: STOOD IN THE FIRE*

Awesome work, Kwaliti. :)

Level 4
Some of you already know about this model of mine from chat. Time to make it public now.

~1800 polies, finishing the rig and preparing the model for animation now.

zkrebl.png

not much i can say here, 1800 polys on that, and that texturing is just awesome, gr8 work there, how much time have you been working on this?

Level 7
Well, considering Kwaliti's Lich King and Arthas models were designed to resemble WoW models, I'm assuming the same goes for Deathwing.

Besides, I'd hate to see a teamcolor DW with green wings...

Status
Not open for further replies.