• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warlock Wip (T6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
warlock model ive worked on im planning on making it for wc3 if possible it still need rigging animating and uv mapping which ill get around doing later so atm its just a mesh.

its around 860 polys
warlockwip.jpg

Level 7
It looks like your light needs to be worked out, it's WAY blown out. Look up some "3 point" lighting system tutorials if you aren't going to simply just use light tracer.

You need your key light, your fill light, and your rim light, those are the official terms - look their purposes up if you need lighting help.

As far as the mesh, 860 polygons? That looks kind of a lower polygon count to me than that - check out your topology or send us a "edged" mode screenshot, so we can give you advice on how to lower that polygon count.

Level 10
This looks magnific. I will even give you a worthless rep of mine.
You are talented.
The only problem: Never forget that the details can be found in the texture instead of the model, not just it will look better, as well as the file will be smaller. Also, the model can be less smoothy and you should add some features on his body, his muscles, or bones, or for a such heavy file, I expected the cloth to look real with its 'bendings' (Sorry bad english, hope you did understand). Try doing it.

Keep up good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.