• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gmax and Dex exporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
***New update***
It works ingame and its waving its arms :D. But it doesnt have a list of animations i can go through even though he has just 1. It might be that i needed to type
stand -1 instead of just stand. I'll try it out.

*************2Newest Update******************
Alright the problem being in poly mode and switchin to mesh mode was the problem.
K, another problem i found is that my envelopes were erased so i was like ugh, that isnt to bad. I go and try to redo do them while my model is in mesh mode now and it like drags my model around when i increase the envelope size. Its so screwed up, ill give it another 2 hours tops but if its still being stupid i think ill give up gmax and learn milkshape from scratch, hoping that it isnt this stupid to...

*Found my problem*
I had to assign a material and then UV wrap it. Something i sorta forgot till now... I need to find my old models and import them into wc3. I made a really neat castle with a drawbridge that would lower and a iron gate that went up after.

Does this look like it could work?
// 'DeX Version: 0.185m
Version {
FormatVersion 800,
}
Model "Chao3" {
NumGeosets 1,
NumBones 11,
BlendTime 150,
MinimumExtent { -15.3422, -9.20074, 0.105506 },
MaximumExtent { 15.0486, 10.5412, 29.0294 },
BoundsRadius 34.3553,