• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
wrong again.... my statement was that the process of dieing (SLOWLY(no gunshots)) is similar to the effects that your body undergoes when it is under the influence of a disease... it doesn't need to be an outside virus or desease... it is simply a matter, that your body's DNA helixes "fringe"(as i said before) and your body cannot regenerate...
If you have a problem with that, then pick up a book, and stop being a 12 year old noob... ok noob? good... back to the subject on if death is scary and y

Level 4
A human body wears out just like anything else in the world. Our cells can only split so many times before they run out of mass to split for a proper regeneration. You still don't cure death, don't make yourself some pretentious nimrod saying you're curing the entirety of something. Say cure death by aging, or aging itself. You can still die by means other than aging.

Level 5
so, i am gladly waiting for these briliant people to discover a drug that restore the DNA structure, so that i can live maybe up to 200 or 300...
or i just wait for stemcell research to become available for all ^^
:thumbs_up:

To MR Super TURKEY.... i tell you only that life time can be extended, and if perfected, the lifespan may become beyond reconing... aging is a natural process, but one(like all other natural processes) that can be messed with...

I already said... dont use logic against me... Reed a book, then come back and tell me what you found...I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent... I dont want to talk to some twelve year old troll

"It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys."

Level 4
Super Turkey? Is that the best you can come up with in attempt at wit? All I opposed was the way you imparted that the only way you're going to die is from aging, when there's so much else that is far more likely to get you before your body finally shuts down. So while you're talking about age extension, all it's doing is prolonging the process of aging- that, and I gave my insight onto the process you presented.

All that is being implied is that you're doing two things incorrectly- treating age as the only way you'll die and not portraying it simply as the topic of age which you're focusing on, and the fact you're presenting the process of aging in the wrong scientific context.

If you don't agree on the latter, fine, doesn't matter to me and I'm resoundingly just as reluctant to argue with someone who has such a closed mind. I'll admit I called you fool, but at least I had the respect to aliken you to a human instead of an animal- you seem to have some sort of superiority complex, like many of those who sit in labs wasting away their lives. So I guess I shouldn't argue with someone such as you, should I?

Level 19
maybe he was referring to this
cover1-2.jpg

but I doubt that he will have success :>

PS:
apparently the internet is full of crap

Level 12
Life is not short, because you never know when you will die. Life can be long even to those who are from Africa and live 36 years, it's the way you spend your life that makes it long or short, oftenly people who think that life is short have a illusion, a moth lives a week and you should be thankful, you old son of a elephant.

Level 6
Uhhhh...what you /do/ in life makes it valuable or not.

How long your life is, is determined by how long it is.
-_-

And it is short in comparison with everything else in the universe.
However, in comparison with other things you do in your life, it can be viewed as long.
It's all in the comparison.

Level 5
Special relativity could have been called "special invariance," maybe with less confusion. All non-accelerating observers measure the speed of light to be the same. As a consequence, those observers may disagree on things like time and distance.

Haha, I geddit. Because when you get killed, you die! And dying leads to death! And this thread is about death! Lololol!!
Thnx mister obvious =o=. Any way I think life is based on destiny if your meant to be here your already here and if your not... well your not here. Life is not simple so don't always go to the most simplest answer and make what disition you want but don't expect to make something up and think it's right:p. I personally say that I don't really fear death nor can I say that I do because I want to live but I want to know what the future holds without me. I nether be leaved in a "god" and seamed to wonder instead what was my purpose, but it's only destiny that is the purpose and that you need to fulfill your purpose. Also why we have achieved so many things and stand out is what makes us human just like how women have way more rights than what they used to have before:p.

or Herself

Post reported

That statement just insulted 3.7 billion people including me -___-

EDIT:

Without death, life is meaningless (not in an Atheistic kind of way).
Why would someone want to live a life that won't end? It would be
pointless. In conclusion, we need death.

Feel free to disagree with me, because by opposing my statement,
you'd be saying that an interminable and monotonous life is better
than a limited exciting one ;)

Level 35
Yeah, destiny is one of those things that can't really be proven for or against (yet? Ö). Personally, I don't like the idea that everything we do is 'pre-written', as it were, but I do believe in 'destiny' to some extent. Just not in the traditional sense.

Earlier I was thinking about destiny, and came to the conclusion that while I don't like the idea of a 'higher power' dictating what happens in our lives word for word, but I can see how certain circumstances can lead towards shaping a person's 'destiny' indirectly.

For example, take the scenario of someone killing your parents when you are a child (quite a grim example, but anyway...). What happens to you after that will involve some things out of your control (i.e. the fact you now have no parents, there will be some issues regarding the fact that someone killed your parents and also the fact that you never got to speak to them). Then there are certain things that are in your control (how you act given the situations, who you become, what you do with your time, etc.).

Now, it can generally be agreed upon given this example that there are certain things within your control and certain things outside of your control. In that sense, I believe that 'destiny' could be defined as the things outside of your control. However, there are things that aren't written. Within the example, you could have dead parents in your childhood, yet your choices could still lead to you becoming the happiest person in the world.

But this then leads to me thinking about how the person who's parents are now dead personality would shape the supposed 'choice' aspects of their life. If they were one to dwell on the bad things in their life and just use those occurances as an excuse for their failure, could that be seen as destiny? Likewise, if the person was more optimistic and managed to make the best of a truly horrible situation, leading to them being more successful, would that be destiny?

Interestingly enough, this now boils down to whether or not people are capable of changing on their own accord or whether or not these changes are pre-wrritten. And this is where my brainwave stops to a halt, where this aspect could perhaps be interpreted differently by different people. Perhaps some people would think the changes are destiny in action, while others would disagree. Either way, it's impossible to truly disagree or agree intelligently on something where there is no real proof (other than agreeing or disagreeing on a good way to think of it, I suppose, but even that is opinion based).

Post reported

Close-mindedness is a true killer. 3.7 billion people obviously need to learn to think outside the box.

More close-mindedness. People who disagree with that aren't necessarily saying what you suggest they're saying. Your treating your opinion on people who disagree with your opinion as a fact. Which is easily proven as false on account of what people would really be saying.

Post reported

EDIT:

You find the idea that a god could be female or asex insulting?

1-
You find the idea that a god could be female or asex insulting?
2-
why would death give life a meaning?
mine is meaningless but I will die anyway :p

and what if god is immortal?
is his "life" meaningless?
3-
This discussion is still going on? I thought this thread would have died by now.
4-
Close-mindedness is a true killer. 3.7 billion people obviously need to learn to think outside the box.

[1]

I believe that you should've removed the "a" and capitalized "god". Also,
I think it's best to avoid that idea.

[2]

Close your eyes for a moment and think of what you would do right now if
you somehow found out you're going to live forever.
(If you already think that life is meaningless, this won't impact you)
Wouldn't you feel discouraged?

[3]

Nice One :)

[4]

Of the 3.7 billion people, 1.7 billion are muslims and 2 billion are christians.

I don't know about the Christians, but I can guarantee that only 5% of the muslims
are Closed-Minded. The Qu'ran encourages Open-mindedness and Self-defense.

You can trust me on that fact, but when it comes to the numbers, they're close enough.

---------

Now let's stop talking about religion and God
If you want to know his gender, go ask him yourself -.-

I respect ALL your opinions. I apologize for that first post; It was an impulse.

Now can we talk about Ponies? ;P

Mag said:
I believe that you should've removed the "a" and capitalized "god". Also,
I think it's best to avoid that idea.

Mag said:
Now let's stop talking about religion and God
If you want to know his gender, go ask him yourself -.-

I respect ALL your opinions. I apologize for that first post; It was an impulse.

It's quite obvious you don't respect everyone's opinions - what about religions that do include goddesses (Hinduism, which is a major world religion along with Christianity, Judaism and Islam)?
When you go on the internet, you're going to meet many people with different ideas then you, either learn to deal with the differences, even if they make you feel uncomfortable, or get off the internet.

-back on topic-

As for death, live only has the meaning you attach to it - in essence, it's lack of meaning is it's meaning, you're free to make for it whatever meaning you feel is true.

Anyway you may not think about it this way but what you do is a thing that naturally occurs, just look at history for example that is what I mean by destiny. Just like you do what your ment to do like a soldier is ment to fight and if not then there not meant to. Life isn't meant to be perfect as of we are just creatures created by evolution and what revolves around us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.