• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
M'kay. Obviously I want to find out what your fears are and what caused them to develop. Don't worry about looking like a deflated rubber chicken. This is the internet afterall, there is no room for shame.
So yeah, post the shit you're afraid of.

Acrophobia: My mom told me she used to dangle me on the 3rd floor when I was
a baby.
Claustrophobiaa: No idea. Maybe it's because I was tied up to a chair when I
was 4?
Entomophobia: See below.

Severe:

Blattophobia: It was a warm summer night. I was a child. A naive child, who
did not have qualms in not wearing underwear. It was a night I truly regret.
It was a night that taught me what despair, fear and shame meant. I remember
it with utmost clarity. I had this annoying feeling. My balls were itching.
Itchy balls were usually cured by a simple scratch, but no, this one persisted.
This one was not your ordinary itchy balls. I had to look, peek at what was up.
Then I saw it. It was TEH HORROR. A cockroach. Yes. I was molested by a cockroach
as a kid. Today, I curse pedoroach and its vile dirty brethren to an eternity in the
seventh level of hell for existing. Of course, I still scream like a maniac whenever
a cockroach is within range, but meh.

Fear Update:
Might as well include the ones I didn't really consider before.

Fear of aging: I hate birthdays, and the thought of going beyond the age of 45.

Agoraphobia: Well, not really as far as being considered a phobia, but I am uncomfortable when I'm
exposed to the sun and I hate being seen by people. I hate the wind, it ruffles up my hair.
I hate smoke from vehicles, they are slowly killing us inside. I expose myself to the sun for Vit. D though.

That brings us to my next itch:

Fear of Malnutrition: As much as possible I try to consume a lot of healthy vitamin packed crap.
I get nervous when I don't get 100% or more of a human's daily vitamin and mineral needs.

Last edited:
Level 17
I wonder what that cockroach is wanting there ... xD

Well, I got an arachnophobia (spiders). Can't think of more right now ...

Edit:
Oh wait, another thing. When I was in grade 6 or sumthin a classm8 of mine stealthily put a pin on my chair when I was going to the toilet ... when I came back I just sat down on that chair and had a pin stuck in my ass. :/
From that moment on, I always check the thing I am going to sit on ...

Edit 2:
Medorthophobia, I'm hella afraid of erected penis' ... [/irony]

Last edited:
Level 12
hmm...
Arachnophobia,
Aichmophobia (fear of needles & sharp objects),
Acrophobia,
Claustrophobia,
Scoleciphobia (fear of worms - im dead serious <.<),
Psychophobia (fear/dislike of mental illness)

I fear alot of things, but those are 'the most severe' (except for the 2 last ones)
No idea why i 'fear' them or when i started to 'fear them'...

Level 1
hmmmm i have no "phobias" and i cant say i really fear anything (unless being murdered by a homeless man counts, but what are the chances of that?)

Level 6
hehehe my name fits this thread pretty well.

Anyway... I try not to fear anything but if I had to pick one thing that scares me shitless... ancient Aztec ritual shit... They freakin rip out peoples hearts while there still alive.

Level 17
Spiders, and plenty of insects are scary. That is, however, a survival instinct that originates from a waaay bacl when the fear of spiders could save ones life. Nothing I benefit from now, however! : <

I think that's a rumor ... more or less :p
most fears - as well as tastes (I'm talking 'bout food) - are a matter of how you are raised, where you live a.s.o. Example: So far I know, asians find cheese extremly disgusting since they think it is more rotten milk. However, (most) europeans dislike eating most insects.
I am hella afraid of bigger spiders because of my mum, I guess :D

Well lets see, I have quite a few:

musophobia (fear or mice/rats)
Scoleciphobia (worms)
Claustrophobia (small spaces)
Arachnophobia (arachnids)
Acrophobia (heights, goes with fear of death)
Necrophobia (death, for me this is of family and probably myself, I guess I got this from most people in my family dieing when I was young)
Phagophobia (fear of being eaten, also fear of death related)
Parasitophobia (fear of parasites, again fear of death related)
Toxiphobia (fear of being poisoned, now this one goes with the fear of death as well)

those are my biggest ones to be honest it's fairly odvious I don't want to die or for the people around me to die.

just thought I'd point this unusual one to people:

Russophobia - fear of the Russians

as well as this one:

Triskaidekaphobia - the fear of the number 13

Level 4
I wonder what that cockroach is wanting there ... xD

Well, I got an arachnophobia (spiders). Can't think of more right now ...

Edit:
Oh wait, another thing. When I was in grade 6 or sumthin a classm8 of mine stealthily put a pin on my chair when I was going to the toilet ... when I came back I just sat down on that chair and had a pin stuck in my ass. :/
From that moment on, I always check the thing I am going to sit on ...
Holy crap. That reminds me when a classmate overreacted once. She was like, "OMG U PPL NO COOPERATE", proceeds to headbang the desk, not realizing that there was a ballpoint pen (in the most unfortunate position possible) there. When she looked up, we were all surprised to see the pen lodged on her forehead. It was only stuck on the skin though, it didn't penetrate the skull.
hmm...
Arachnophobia,
Aichmophobia (fear of needles & sharp objects),
Acrophobia,
Claustrophobia,
Scoleciphobia (fear of worms - im dead serious <.<),
Psychophobia (fear/dislike of mental illness)

I fear alot of things, but those are 'the most severe' (except for the 2 last ones)
No idea why i 'fear' them or when i started to 'fear them'...

Hmm, I can see why some of them are called common phobias.
I don't think my fear of mental illnesses (or illnesses in general) could be
considered as a phobia. That reminds me, I'm also a mild germaphobe.

Ugh, my poll didn't show. Stupid internet connection. Whatever, my polls barely make any sense. :S

Well lets see, I have quite a few:

musophobia (fear or mice/rats)
Scoleciphobia (worms)
Claustrophobia (small spaces)
Arachnophobia (arachnids)
Acrophobia (heights, goes with fear of death)
Necrophobia (death, for me this is of family and probably myself, I guess I got this from most people in my family dieing when I was young)
Phagophobia (fear of being eaten, also fear of death related)
Parasitophobia (fear of parasites, again fear of death related)
Toxiphobia (fear of being poisoned, now this one goes with the fear of death as well)

those are my biggest ones to be honest it's fairly odvious I don't want to die or for the people around me to die.

just thought I'd point this unusual one to people:

Russophobia - fear of the Russians

as well as this one:

Triskaidekaphobia - the fear of the number 13

We can clearly see the most common ones. I guess most of us don't like going farther than the 3rd floor? xD I can make it to the 7th floors. I just...wall walk...on buildings where you can see your gravity related death.
The fear of the number 13 reminds me of my irrational hate for certain letters.

I have a slight phobia for flying(-above-me) birds.
I got hit by bird pudding before. It wasn't bad...I just had to shower longer than I usually do.

Last edited:
Level 19
I think that's a rumor ... more or less :p
most fears - as well as tastes (I'm talking 'bout food) - are a matter of how you are raised, where you live a.s.o. Example: So far I know, asians find cheese extremly disgusting since they think it is more rotten milk. However, (most) europeans dislike eating most insects.
I am hella afraid of bigger spiders because of my mum, I guess :D

You are right about that. You fear what you learn to fear. I won't be changing the frequency I encounter spiders to fight my fear though! haha :p

Also, I hate cheese. Just can't stand the smell, and haven't been eating it purposly since I was three. I might have swallowed some accidently, though!

Level 17
You are right about that. You fear what you learn to fear. I won't be changing the frequency I encounter spiders to fight my fear though! haha :p

Also, I hate cheese. Just can't stand the smell, and haven't been eating it purposly since I was three. I might have swallowed some accidently, though!

What about pizza then? Pizza without cheese is like .... weerrrmm... [put valid example in here]. :D

Level 4
I really have no fear. I have never found anything I am truely scared of. I like being a loner so there is really nothing.

What.
Simply put.

Anyway, no fear of dying alone? Fear of being molested by a clown? Fear of floating knives? Fear of the sun suddenly going supernova without warning? Fear of mutating into something disgusting? Nothing at all?
Either you aren't human, or you're in denial. Or maybe you really don't fear anything at all.

tomato pizza.
EXACTLY.
And it's also called cheeseless pizza for extremely an extremely crystal clear reason. LOL YEAH, I know how shitty and direct to the point some food names can be. Of course you can always make up your own name. No one's stopping you. :p

Level 14
Acrophobia( Scared of Heights )
Bathophobia( Scared of being close to high buildings, especially looking at the top of it )
Insectophobia( I am scared of insects )
Nyctohylophobia( Scared of Dark, woody area like Forest at night )
Phasmophobia( I am scared of ghosts, and at Indonesia, nearly every area has ghosts >_<)
And i am sometimes scared to see a mirror, alone in small rooms D: I will run away if there's not light
And Triskadekaphobia too :D

Level 18
My biggest realistic fear is from ice spikes.....yes ise spikes those small icy things that guather around the roofs when its really cold.If i see even a reall small ice spike i wont touch it,because i have a fear that if i do,a part of the roof will colapse on me.(happened before)

Level 7
Zombies because wat I saw Resident Evil Apocalypse when I was 8 (Now 13), then watched 28 Days later and that freaked me out to death.

What.
Simply put.

Anyway, no fear of dying alone? Fear of being molested by a clown? Fear of floating knives? Fear of the sun suddenly going supernova without warning? Fear of mutating into something disgusting? Nothing at all?
Either you aren't human, or you're in denial. Or maybe you really don't fear anything at all.P

Nope, don't fear any of that, and never will, fear is a sign of weakness according to me, and I refuse to fear anything.

ah yes, just remembered a few after an experiance last night involving a cricket sitting on my head while I sleep and waking up with it on my face
*shudder*

Isolophobia <- fear of being isolated or alone, links in with Eremophobia. Bit weird for me to have this considering I spend most my time alone thinking, but I always think about something which involves me being near people so I suppose it makes sence, If my family all go to sleep then I can only spend about 5 minutes staying up before I freak myself out with my own imagination, it also occurs when everyone around me is sleeping.

Kenophobia <- fear of voids or empty spaces. absolutaly hate empty spaces which are massive and definatly voids, when I play games and get lost, after a while I have to turn the game off, if I saved while lost I wait for a day, come back then turn 180 and run from were I came from.

Insectophobia <- along with arachnaphobia this is my most extreme phobia, I was surprise I didn't remember this earlier.

Now I shall go through the story of how I became arachnophobic and insectophobic.

arachnophobia:

I was 4, annoyling arrogant (maybe this is why I don't like arrogant small children and also probably why my cousin even when this age acted similar to me when I was 8 - when I starting acting the way I am now; from appearances I'm his fav cousin and he always tries to act like I do. :D) anyway, back to the story. I was helping my mother get things out the attic while I was carrying a particularly heavy box I tripped and landed in a spider nest with about 10-15 spiders in all all fully grown, ofc I ran out screaming like any 4 year old would and fell down the ladder as if it were a pitfall trap, 2 of the spiders were still on me climbing near my face I swatted them of frantically and watched them scuttle up the wall, onto the roof and back into the attic - from then on I was arachnophobic.

Now for insetophobia:

It was summer 2003, 1 year after the spider incident, as it was june out annual house infestation of insects had arrived, this years inhabitance: 'daddy long legs' or damselflies (don't think I spelt that right) anyway, I was not used to these animals in the house and I thought that they were litrally flying spiders with 1 missing leg, so when one came flying at me I was terrified, I actually lobbed a pillow at a few and crushed them, but anyway. I was know very cautious to insects as well, however I hadn't quite got a phobia. Next year - summer 2004, again in june, the annual house infestation had begun; this years inhabitance: Crickets! *shudder* oh yes huge ass crickets all over the house everywere - on the roof - on the walls - in the kitchen sink - on the fridge - everywere. Can you guess what happend? yes, they all made homes for themselves to stay in - in our rooms, now as it happens like what happend last night for me (cricket on my face) happend much worse here, while I was sleeping they made a 'home' on me, so when I woke up I was covered in crickets, and these weren't small grass hoppers - these were huge size-of-a-computer-game-box crickets. As you would expect I got traumatised from this making me remember the damselflies, me falling into a nest of spiders so now every year as it approaches june I buy loads of bug spray and coat the house in it to top the annual infestation from occuring as it was getting far to much for m, speaking of which it's slowly approaching the infestation so I should get ready with the bug spray.

And that is how I became arachnophobic and insectophobic, just typing that made me shudder and now it feels like I'm covered in crickets and spiders - lovely.

ooh now theres an intresting phobia name:

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - fear of the number 666

now this one is a bit ironic if you ask me:

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

almost seems like they purposly named it like that considering it's almost impossible to pronounce fluidly and correctly.

Level 9
Acrophobia, heights just scare me, probably why I'll never consider mountain climbing, well not without a parachute, as useless as that precaution may sound.

Level 4
Most of us have a fear of heights and at least one type of creepy crawly, no? Still, I can see some weirder fears that intrigue me a little bit. Anyway, as far as crickets, mountain climbing and nurses with giant syringes are concerned, these are all pretty common.

Level 9
Well I'll just say it, not scared of tleno, just surprised how much he cares about me, and no I'm not really scared of germs, its futile and utterly useless to be scared of them since they're everywhere, yes everywhere, inside and outside the body, might as well have a fear of air itself if your going to be afraid of germs.

Level 4
I find your cat fight disturbing, yet amusing at the same time. I do agree about the germ part.

Side Note: Your keyboard is harboring the ebola virus. Oh, and germs. Millions of germs.

Level 27
*Tleno's body gets paralized and he falls on the ground, his face touches his keyboard and he gets infected by Ebola virus*
Okay, you asked for this by yourself, can we please go back on topic now, too much fun is bad you know. esspecially when there are moderators crawling around.

Level 4
This thread is so going to be closed down. By a squid thing, or octopus. Or maybe a Lanturn, yellow dragon. Erm, everyone delete their messages before somebody comes in without knocking?

Level 22
Your money got more bacteria than your keyboard, fyi :D
I had a fear of dark open rooms, but now I'm not afraid of that anymore.
I don't like ants though. Got raped by ants when I was young.
When I see ants I step on them even though I love animals (especially kittehz).

Level 4
I know about the money thing. I always carry a bottle of hand sanitizer because transportation requires a LOT of passing coins around. Everyday is a nightmare paranoia trip that involves thinking that the people around me don't bathe and never wash their hands. I wish I could drive. Or have a car. xD

Level 13
I have a social phobia which can be mild or severe depending on my mood.

Aside from that, there's nothing I can think of at the moment that causes fear or severe discomfort to me.

Level 11
Well, I don't have any kind of phobia that's for sure.
I'm also not afraid of death. I used to be afraid of not knowing what happens after I die, but I got over it, not really sure how...
I mean I would experience fear in normal things, like face to face with an animal that can tip me in seconds, and other stuff. I don't fear them in general.
And I wouldn't want to find my self in a forest during the night, alone and without any weapons and tools. If I had a automatic gun, I could do it :D

NOTE: Humans have only 2 inborn fears:
1)Fear of losing ground under your feet (falling). This probably developed because you can hurt your self when you fall, and animals can't heal broken bones now can they.
2)Fear of loud noises. This one was developed because most predators roar and let out loud noises, so this one was to help us get ready for a fight fast, or to help us run. Like if you hear an explosion your heart gets pumping fast.

Level 4
Well, I don't have any kind of phobia that's for sure.
I'm also not afraid of death. I used to be afraid of not knowing what happens after I die, but I got over it, not really sure how...
I mean I would experience fear in normal things, like face to face with an animal that can tip me in seconds, and other stuff. I don't fear them in general.
And I wouldn't want to find my self in a forest during the night, alone and without any weapons and tools. If I had a automatic gun, I could do it :D

NOTE: Humans have only 2 inborn fears:
1)Fear of losing ground under your feet (falling). This probably developed because you can hurt your self when you fall, and animals can't heal broken bones now can they.
2)Fear of loud noises. This one was developed because most predators roar and let out loud noises, so this one was to help us get ready for a fight fast, or to help us run. Like if you hear an explosion your heart gets pumping fast.

Those inborn fears seem reasonable enough. I guess as animals it's natural for us to have these kinds of fear.
Of course in some situations the fear becomes void like when you know a loud noise is coming, or have a strange fetish-like desire for loud noises.
So, it's more like the fear of an unexpected loud noise from a possibly unknown source. Or something like that.

Added note: Many of you get freaked out of spiders. Why? And do you get the same reaction when an octopus is nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.