• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, yeah, we fear an unexpected loud noise, because its a surprise.

As for spiders, look it up somewhere. Maybe Wikipedia, although its not the best source.

Added note: Many of you get freaked out of spiders. Why? And do you get the same reaction when an octopus is nearby?

Well, I explained why I hate spiders, and yes it's the same thing with octopusses as I find them large amphibious spiders which are more freakish, however I'm less scared of them then spiders.

Level 4
Well, I explained why I hate spiders, and yes it's the same thing with octopusses as I find them large amphibious spiders which are more freakish, however I'm less scared of them then spiders.
Octopi are...amphibious? I never heard of a variety that can live on water as well as land. Google has told me about...the tree octopus. Oh wait, it's a hoax. >_>
Well, yeah, we fear an unexpected loud noise, because its a surprise.

As for spiders, look it up somewhere. Maybe Wikipedia, although its not the best source.
I looked it up and found out that Arachnophobia and many of the most common phobias are linked to evolutionary reasons. I say for obvious reasons, but meh.
Octopuses aren't arachnid, so no. :p
I guess the eightness isn't the thing people fear. :D

Level 11
Yes for most stuff it works, stuff like fear of an animal that cant actually hurt you.

Anyone got a fear of sea bottom and or depth it self. I like to dive and found that many people have thos fears.

Level 14
Ah yes, forgot about that one. I kinda hate water. I hate swimming, I hate the sea, I hate giant fish that swim in the sea. Just imagine something black the size of your leg swimming in front of you.
Nah, I forgot to say that D:
I hate seas, even I hate like this :
life_in_aceh_2.jpg

Only 1 meters deep but I'm scared D: Like something evul is on the bottom of it D:
And seas/oceans Looking at it, look like I am in it and drowned to the bottom of sea until like 5000 meters deep D:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Arachnophobia, acrophobia and general fear of insects. I can't explain them, I've always had these fears. None of these are severe cases though; I don't mind flying, I've been to the top of Eiffel Tower, numerous high mountains in Norway, I climbed trees when I was young.. I just get uncomfortable looking down. As for the spiders, if they are on me or near me, I either move away or attempt to kill them. Pretty much the same applies to insects, and the level of fear increases exponentially with the size of it. I don't mind insects that cannot or usually does not hurt people though, at least generally.

I did fear dogs as a child, mainly because I was attacked by a German Shepherd Dog around the age of 2, but after almost twenty years of occasional "exposure" to dogs, the fear has worn off, though I still get slightly panicked if a dog barks nearby.

Oh.. and of course, a little fear of the unknown.

Level 17
What do you mean by the unknown? Do you mean the Reapers slumbering in the dark empty void who are just waiting for an opportunity to annihilate us, the rudimentary creatures of flesh and blood?
:D

Well I think he means he is kinda afraid of everything that hasn't been researched yet/can't be researched. Things like what comes after death, where does the universe start and end, etc.

Level 22
Then I can help him. Nothing comes after death. When you're dead you're just dead. The universe has no beginning or end, but the contents of the universe got a beginning, but no end as energy cannot disappear, only change form.

Hope that helps shiiK :D

Level 11
Universe doesn't have ending if you mean when it will die. Newer. Only problem is that once it gets big enough all matter in it will get stretched and broken down to particles smaller then atoms.
I suppose that the spreading of the universe is not slowing down its increasing in speed.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

What do you mean by the unknown? Do you mean the Reapers slumbering in the dark empty void who are just waiting for an opportunity to annihilate us, the rudimentary creatures of flesh and blood?
:D

Things I have yet to experience myself. Doing something for the first time is always a tad scary for me.

Well I think he means he is kinda afraid of everything that hasn't been researched yet/can't be researched. Things like what comes after death, where does the universe start and end, etc.

Nah, not at all. I am confident there is no afterlife, and I couldn't care less about how the universe evolves, because frankly, the process is too slow to make a difference in the short lifespan of humans. There will be no significant change due to evolution. Of course meteors and alike could crash into Earth, but that's a different scenario. As far as I know, the sun won't grow large enough to digest our puny planet while I live.

shiiK is xenophobic? :eek:

Nay, I wouldn't say that.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Arachnophobia is simply built up of arachnid and phobia, roughly spider-fear, just all the more elegant.
Acrophobia, well I guess it isn't as obvious, because I don't think there's a suitable English word that sounds and means the same as Ákron (Greek for edge), but it's fear of heights, edge-fear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskaidekaphobia

Level 16
Decidophobia -> Fear of making Decision, because I feel like something will always be wrong when I decided it. Although I can handle it. Sometimes. Slight Acrophobia and Claustrophobia, which is really annoting.

Level 11
Here is an advice. Can't decide? Toss a coin. Its better to be mad at the coin then at your self if decision was bad.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Here is an advice. Can't decide? Toss a coin. Its better to be mad at the coin then at your self if decision was bad.

Alternatively, if there are more options, roll a dice.. if there's just two choices, then simply do odd or even.

Level 11
That's only natural. Phobia is a fear of something you don't have a reason to fear it.

Also, differ it from anxiety, which is fear of something that doesn't even exist or is not anywhere near you(like fear a spider and be panicked when there isn't one in the house), while phobia happens only when you are in that situation (face to face with a spider, etc.).

Level 13
That's only natural. Phobia is a fear of something you don't have a reason to fear it.

Also, differ it from anxiety, which is fear of something that doesn't even exist or is not anywhere near you(like fear a spider and be panicked when there isn't one in the house), while phobia happens only when you are in that situation (face to face with a spider, etc.).

Man, that stuff must suck.

Level 4
Don't you just love it when your phobias become a rational fear?
I.E:
You feared spiders all your life. You couldn't stand them, even the little fuzzy cute jumping spiders. You scream like a little girl at the mere sight of them and you cry alone in a corner after the experience. Then, one night, after lying comfortably on your bed, you feel an odd sensation on your leg. You lift up your blanket and see...a brown recluse spider.

No one wants necrosis, yes?

Phobia+Rational Fear= What?

Level 11
Anxiety isn't permanent. Its like when you watch a horror and get scared for some time. Not permanent like phobia.

And phobia is fear, just like rational one, its just the difference when it appears. So if there is room for both, they don't add up in fear. Aldo you may faint, panic quite a lot and stuff. And if you have a bad heart you could get a heart attack. I think...

dab

dab

Level 10
Anuptaphobia - Fear of staying single. I always look at people with a girlfriend, and starts thinking "Wonder if I ever get one...", whereafter my brain automatically starts making conspiracy theories. This phobia came from being hurted a great f*cking deal.

Atelophobia - Fear of Imperfections. As a perfectionist, this is my nightmare.

Hagiophobia - Fear of saints or other holy things. I don't like the fact that they MIGHT be there. I just... don't!

Metathesiophobia - Fear of changes. This contradicts my first fear, which makes both of them damn hard to get rid of. And then I'm inperfect, which triggers my second fear. Basicly, you now know why I completely stopped thinking of more than just the usual.

Soteriophobia - Fear of depending on others. As a perfectionist, I don't like(more fear) the fact that others need to help me. Because then I'm not perfect.

That's mine. And you got a bit of my life story too.

Level 8
I got anxiety a LOT when i was younger. Especially after watching the Grudge. I was scared to go to the bathroom right after the movie. But i've never had a nightmare about a movie, nor any permanent fears.

Level 22
Anuptaphobia - Fear of staying single. I always look at people with a girlfriend, and starts thinking "Wonder if I ever get one...", whereafter my brain automatically starts making conspiracy theories. This phobia came from being hurted a great f*cking deal.

Hagiophobia - Fear of saints or other holy things. I don't like the fact that they MIGHT be there. I just... don't!

Metathesiophobia - Fear of changes. This contradicts my first fear, which makes both of them damn hard to get rid of. And then I'm inperfect, which triggers my second fear. Basicly, you now know why I completely stopped thinking of more than just the usual.

Soteriophobia - Fear of depending on others. As a perfectionist, I don't like(more fear) the fact that others need to help me. Because then I'm not perfect.

I guess I got Soteriophobia too, since I don't like using others systems when I make something. I always make it myself because I consider it lazy and just lame to use others code when you can easily make it yourself (which is, btw, sometimes even better).

dab

dab

Level 10
I guess I got Soteriophobia too, since I don't like using others systems when I make something. I always make it myself because I consider it lazy and just lame to use others code when you can easily make it yourself (which is, btw, sometimes even better).

Yeah. The thing is, however, if you fear it, or plain don't like it. I fear the damn thing, as my own survival may be depending on the person, and I don't like that. I'm primarily a loner, with lots of friends who think they know me, but don't. Due to being afraid of depending on them sooner or later

Level 13
dab, would all those phobias not be very easy to defeat? I mean, as a perfectionist, you could easily exterminate all the other phobias, then learn to swallow your pride?

Level 4

Every single day must be complicated for you, no? Do you ever get the rhought that you might have some kind of complex? :p Anyway, fear of holy things instead of the profane? What caused that one? o_O I can sympathize a bit since I had a nightmare of regarding something considered holy.

I'm scared of spiders and dolls.

My fear of dolls stems from watching Child's Play at a very young age. I feel your pain. I don't really feel comfortable being alone in a room with a doll around. I feel like it's watching me.

Any of you have OCD? I want to find out if some phobias are associated and fueled by the disorder. I think germaphobia (well, mostly) goes hand in hand with OCD.

dab

dab

Level 10
Every single day must be complicated for you, no? Do you ever get the rhought that you might have some kind of complex? :p Anyway, fear of holy things instead of the profane? What caused that one? o_O I can sympathize a bit since I had a nightmare of regarding something considered holy.

Every single day IS complicated, however I try not to think about it. Then things usually work out.

And the thing about holy stuff is that usually they have the power to strike you down.. + they are supernatural.. I think it started at the point of somewhere in my childhood where I(in a dream) got confronted with some VERY scary monks, that kept going around in my apartment with holy artifacts in their hands. After that, I simply feared anything holy + my family has a history of being people inside the church. And to sum up, our apartment(for those of you who believe in it, I tend not to) has been owned by a church, and therefor people from the graveyard sometimes visit(this isn't something I've ever experienced, however my parents say that they had a whole year without sleep due to the above).

And I probably HAVE a complex, however I work around it. Its not so difficult actually, just stop considering things and start living in the patter from yesterday. Yes, most things when you think about them, is complicated, but if you simplify it(even tho its not simple), it usually gets a lot easier to work with.

Level 14

My fear of dolls stems from watching Child's Play at a very young age. I feel your pain. I don't really feel comfortable being alone in a room with a doll around. I feel like it's watching me.

Any of you have OCD? I want to find out if some phobias are associated and fueled by the disorder. I think germaphobia (well, mostly) goes hand in hand with OCD.

Nah, a bloody and broken doll, makes the worst nightmare...
It's very very scary.... But if it's clean, then it's okay...

Status
Not open for further replies.