• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i dont know what my phobia is called

but i have the fear of height (because im geting taller)

i fear frogs,snails(yea rofl phobia)

and blood but recently iv overcomed this phobia coz i always watch violent moves and videos

and finaly i have ghostphobia

im realy scared of ghost seens iv seen them once.....

Level 9
so these mean i have two phobia my worst fear

ghost and acrophobia

i would like to overxome my acrophobia with bungie jumping someday :D

Level 21
I fucking hate heights, but I'm conquering my fear as I go, but I'm still afraid of being to die and falling from a high place doesn't really help any. LOL....

Level 7
Haha, mine isn't so much the fact that it's high, in a plane I wouldn't be too worried about it if I wasn't afraid of not being in control, cause I know I'd splatter into a bloody mess from that altitude, just something about being up high and not being able to control what's going on around me is what bothers me.

With bridges, I'm not sure what the problem is there, I guess fear of it collapsing? I know the chances are substantially low, but it's something I can't shake.

Level 30
I had two Phobias during my childhood:
Acrophobia [fear of heights]
Cynophobia [fear of dogs]

but guess what! I found the cure and manage to conquer it!
my acrophobia started when I was a kid, I can't barely stand looking at really, really high places, but all thanks to being a wild kid! I tried jumping in high places like on top of the cabinet, running wild on the roof (don't ask!) and more until I realize its nothing!

my second phobia is about dogs, one time I'm on a mountain province of my mother's side (Philippine territory), a wild dog ravaged my arm and it almost got ripped like hell! that took me a really hard ass time to coupe on, until I got fed up from being scared, I fought my way from being strong from my fears like petting a dog, even how it was so ferocious to me, and there! my Acrophobia lasted 10 years and my Cynophobia lasted like 12 years man, but all thanks from being strong it only took me 1 week to conquer my fears! like yeah! :ap:

Level 30
no not canines, but there is one thing that troubles me a lot, its not a phobia anymore, but a sickness that can never be cured, I really don't know it but when I see someone bleeding or some really messed up wound, I feel weak and about to faint LOL! really off topic by the way

Level 6
no not canines, but there is one thing that troubles me a lot, its not a phobia anymore, but a sickness that can never be cured, I really don't know it but when I see someone bleeding or some really messed up wound, I feel weak and about to faint LOL! really off topic by the way

Same for me I don't care about me own blood, but if someone is bleeding or got an bloody wound in front of me i'm getting weak and can't stand anymore(never fainted so).
About fear of hights, it's differrent for me. I really don't care about 50 meters high aslong there is an balustrade. Without my limit is 4m...

Level 36
Homophobia is not a phobia, it's actually an offense towards people that have a hostile attitude towards gay people, but let's not go there.

On a related note, I really think people here are getting the wrong impression of what a "phobia" is. A Phobia is a mental disorder, basically this means that there is nothing reasonable about the Phobia, in other words; there is no such thing as a "slight phobia" or anything related to that, either the thing scare you SHITLESS or it's not a phobia at all.

Personally, I have Arachnophobia, for reasons unknown to me, this is a Phobia I am currently in the process of beating, however. I had fear of darkness, don't know any fancy name for that, but I beat it some while ago. I also have, err.. Bathophobia I guess is the name, going by Wiki it's "fear of depth" and that might relate to my fear of deep water, deep dark and black water, I simply can't stand that.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Homophobia is not a phobia, it's actually an offense towards people that have a hostile attitude towards gay people, but let's not go there.
Actually it's not an offense towards those who express hostility towards gay people, it's an offense towards gay people period.

But yes, you're right in the sense that homophobia isn't an actual phobia.
It's a bigotry.
"fear of depth" and that might relate to my fear of deep water, deep dark and black water, I simply can't stand that.
Add me to that figurative list.

Phobias? Damn... I fear of so many things... THAT is why I dont have many friends and I dont want to make them.

-Number one is when I am watching horror moovie and such, I see something bad will happen that have to scare spectator. I am afraid of time i know bad will happens (that supose to scare you) and it is not happening because it is too soon. You feel what I mean?

-Second one. Scene phobia. I am being so nurveus and my heart beats like crazy on scene. To do a mistake and make urself fool in eyes of hundreds people... That is why I abandomed by drum class at consert and simply didnt came. Teacher was angry at me, but I dont care, because I told him I dont want to come there.

-I fear of Insect, but only those that can harm AND that can move fast. Example: jumping spiders.

I was fearing of girls too... but it is ended like erm... 2 years ago. It was cured after I found out that girl I liked had me for a friend only. Disapointing, but it had positive results afterall. I had fear to heights, but it is gone with time, so I have a wish to fly, but it will never happens.
Fear of talking to strangers... but it is gone when I had a job to talk to many strangers ^_^ Phobia of ghosts and spirits... ya, had this one. Gone when I grow up enough. Fear of darkness... had this too, but only because of ghosts ^^

Level 12
Fear of explosions, don't what it is but i can't look at a boiling egg in fear of it exploding and splashing my eyes or at a microwave heating something, although I know that it could never happen.

Im fearful that an earthquake will start, is there a phobia for that?

TektonicoPlatoMovementointooeachotherophobia

Quite common really

An earthquake in my country Lebanon is due to happen sometime this year since earthquakes happen here every 1500 years and they're EXTREMELY HUGE

The last earthquake happened in lebanon 1500 years and it completely leveled Beirut and Tripoli and killed 85% of the coastal population....

I have Ponyphobia :D

Level 5
A phobia is an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something. You could be scared of planes -- though for a reason (e.g. terrorists, etc), though the former of the definition could still be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.