• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Physchological Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Rofl and how does that door help anyone? I'm pretty sure there's enough slack on those chains to open it far enough to GTFO!

Level 5
Im afraid of hiets and the dark. I dont kno why. Im one day going to study physcology because i am good at this sort of phycological stuff.

Dude i think your problem is realated to chase phobia.

You think this owl thing is cahsing u lik it did wen u played hide and sekk with it. It pops up and finds u and u get scared. I used to get this on a miner scale wen i played hide and seek. The best thing to do is confront it, stare it strate in the eyes i say "The game is over im bored."

This in theory will help you get over it.

The thing i fing intresting is this dream u mentioned about u meeting the owls and saying u were scared. HOWEVER they pities ur being scared. I think this may relate to u thinking ur scared of sumthing silly. Try to ponder this.

Level 15
You think this owl thing is cahsing u lik it did wen u played hide and sekk with it. It pops up and finds u and u get scared. I used to get this on a miner scale wen i played hide and seek. The best thing to do is confront it, stare it strate in the eyes i say "The game is over im bored."

You my friend have come up with the best solution I have seen in this whole thread. +reputation.

Well, I'll try to find other posts you made, since I can't add reputation here... wierd.

Edit: I've done it. I've confronted my fear by looking at a picture (google for the WIN, man!) of him ingame. He is NOT scary, and our game is over. But the quest... it is just beginning... TO JABU JABU'S BELLY WE GO!

Level 14
you can't +rep him in here cause it's Off topic and you can't rep in off-topic..
on a side note.. goodjob on confronting your fears!

Level 2
I have an idea.. you say you don't remember what he looks like until you see him?? This is an interesting and important point.

Why don't we get a collection of pictures of owls, including cartoon owls, including the owl you're afraid of, in a photo-fit line-up of about 20 arranged 5x4. You point out which one you're afraid of.

This will mean that your brain must compare and analyse the images in order to identify and isolate the characteristics of the feared character. It will interrupt your normal panic response for a moment... A moment in which your brain might choose to break the phobia, as it associates it with the other owls you're seeing which you know are harmless.

Anyone volunteer to make the photo line-up?

Jasmine

Level 15
You mean a virtual one? Good idea. Anyone up for it?

Maybe like a slideshow or something, you know?

Edit: Althought I faced my fear, this is a good idea... there is a picture of Kaepora Gaebora ingame if you google "zelda owl" in google images. It's the (literally) FIRST picture there.

Level 15
Like I said, I can't give it to you here... link me another thread you posted in and I'll give it to you (CANNOT BE IN OFFTOPIC). And yeah, I'll check it out as soon as... *stomach grumbles*... yeah.

Level 15
I clicked on it... but... what then? I only see some really freaky looking thing... how long does it last before it begins to change?

Level 2
10 seconds between each frame. About 2 minutes total.

You're not impatient are you ;-) Because that might be why this phobia lingers -- if you turn away from things too quickly, you don't give your mind time to properly process your senses, and construct a rational opinion.

Level 15
A second question: is it a fan picture of him or him ingame? Because it's the ingame one that I've got a "problem" with.

Yeah, this is great and all, but I need one of him INGAME. I could very easily look at the fan-picture.

Level 2
Oh I)eadnerzhul, I don't know.

I don't know what the fan picture is. The picture used is the one you suggested with the search - the first one of this character appearing in google photos.

I do want to help you, but I don't really have any more time for this, I'm afraid.

I hope you get to play your nintendo game fear-free soon :)

Jasmine x

Level 2
he is quite an intimidating owl isn't he. evil eyes, stern brow, and those eye brow things.

You know I)eadnerzhul, when I was little, there was a computer game which frightened me... and the stance of your owl friend is very similar.

The game was called Sentinel, featuring this eagle overlooker, called Sentinel in the early days of 3D. In the game it slowly rotated and if you were caught in its gaze it'd drain your life. Caused panic and fear in game as player fumbles around keyboard trying to change the grid location of player character.

I did fear the game because of sentinel, but not to the point of disabling me from playing. It created atmosphere.

this is sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.