• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
@ The Silent

- getting beheaded gives you 9 seconds before you die, that gives you 9 seconds of agonizing choking, bleeding, etc. The beheader might do something wrong. Plus, beheading is horrible, it looks bad.

-Electrocution- thinking about that, yeah.

@ The Silent

- getting beheaded gives you 9 seconds before you die, that gives you 9 seconds of agonizing choking, bleeding, etc. The beheader might do something wrong. Plus, beheading is horrible, it looks bad.

-Electrocution- thinking about that, yeah.

Okay, almost instant kill x'D but anyway, 9 seconds isn't really much compared to most other ways to die. And doubt that you can really feel or think anything during that

I'm sorry to say, I don't judge your options, but it's funny how suddenly everyone is an atheist, but if their mother gets sick, they pray to God to save her..

Anyway, I recently lost my grandmother and I was flooded with questions as to what death is. I kept thinking that we, humans, praise the soul of a living person all the time, but ultimately, when the person dies and its soul supposedly leaves the body, we still respect it, no matter if the dead person is objectively equal to a plastic bottle, both soul-less. This proves the fact that it's just an idea, so that the person holds a 'living' identity in our memory.

There is some kind of a tribe that offer the corpses to carnivorous birds. It's some sort of a philosophical ritual, that makes them believe that a person should return back to nature. This way, life is recycled among the species.

I have to admit, I used to believe in souls, but I am now having my doubts. Why a thing, such as the 'afterlife', should exist? It might be some hope of the weak human, that their life will never be spared, leading to an endless lifetime. Who wants to know that some time, everyone's activity will come to an end? We might truthfully stop living after some point. Death is our ultimate future, it is unavoidable and let's face it, real life is no Warcraft III, no one holds the secrets to eternal life..

P.S. Even you, the atheists consider the afterlife or some sort of heaven. This is when you stay back at your beliefs and embrace "windows" (just like law does) to additional beliefs. In my opinion, whatever the religion is, everyone is sharing the same fear: the fear of dying, physically and spiritually.

Level 35
Atheists don't necessarily consider the afterlife at all. Actually, that's what atheism is pretty much about. There's a lot of self-proclaimed atheists that aren't what I describe, for sure, but the true-blue atheists truly believe that when we die, that's it. Nothing more happens after that.
Therefore, they don't believe in a 'god'. But I find such beliefs to be silly and close-minded. Like all over-commited beliefs.

Level 6
I've never prayed in my life, and I'm an atheist, and my mother almost died a few years back, so yeah. Take that! :p

Although, obviously, I was very worried about her, I took physical action and catered to her every whim. :)

Level 35
I've never prayed in my life, and I'm an atheist, and my mother almost died a few years back, so yeah. Take that! :p

Although, obviously, I was very worried about her, I took physical action and catered to her every whim. :)

Case and point.
And, if you don't mind me saying, Cweener's actions are a lot more practical than praying to your imaginery friends imo

Like I said, I never judged anyone, I am just describing how I perceive the situation. I can't accuse anyone of not believing in a superior power, that sounds too perfect for the human race, but I can't discourage anyone that bear all those religious notions, that were developed gradually from generation to generation.

Anyway, this tends to get a heavily religious aspect, but let's face it, we conventionally connect death with religion. All ancient civilizations did, why not us? :p

Level 22
I used to believe in God, and I still do.

I almost died, once when I was born prematurely, second when I was almost hit by a suzuki bike lol, I don't fear death. I believe all of us have an expiration date, if it's not your time, its not.

I agree with the idea of fearing non-existence and loneliness being feared more than death.

I also believe that death is not the end. I'm looking forward to seeing the other side lol, but not yet.

Level 35
yea all of us tell that they don't fear death but whene it comes the day to die the all cowerd....for me i do fear death....the slow death....for me non fears the fast death.

The problem with most people is they make a lot of assumptions. Like this guy, assuming that everyone who says they don't fear death will become a snivelling coward when their time comes.

There are things worse than death, end of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Idiot. The problem with most people is they make a lot of assumptions. Like this guy, assuming that everyone who says they don't fear death will become a snivelling coward when their time comes.

He does have half a point - nobody really knows how they will face death until they do, and facing death necessarily involves an element of fear. Fear of death is natural. We've evolved a powerful survival instinct. Cowardice doesn't mean that you don't experience fear, though. A coward is a person who is completely and totally controlled by fear.

There are things worse than death, end of story.

Indeed... but you only know those things are worse than death because you survive them. You live, and later you think, "ceasing to exist would be preferable to experiencing this and continuing to exist".

We don't seem to be afraid of death, simply because we are too young. Dying persons around us are elderly, most likely, so, since this age looks distant to our eyes, we tend to decline everything that has to do with it; call it immaturity (literally) and self-defense.

There are plenty of theories in Psychology that praise our needs. The basic needs of ours, which is eating, drinking, etc. are heavily connected with death. These needs are repeatable, we will never feel them covered. So, when our body is struggling for survival, because it basically tries to avoid its own death, by alerting us to either eat/drink/etc., why our mental condition would stay out of this? We of course afraid of death, it would be too unrealistic to speak of the opposite.

I have realized that when we grow up, we have learnt that some persons are included within our environment, e.g. parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters (if any), and so on. When we lose those persons, we become more mature, because we learn how to live through deprivation, because we become independent.

Level 12
I would say that death is painful. My grandfather died from aneurism, which is the damage of brain and the blood comes out the brain. Either self death or damaging the body will be painful, because when you die the organs collapse, the organs are shut off. Death is reality, living beings can't be immortal and humans aren't plants, plants live long because of their life, they don't move. Too say that life is short, is a very stupid quote, humans compared to other animals have a very long lifespan. Rats live about 1 year, humans can live 120 years. I think people fear death because of suffering, but we never knew what happens when you die, is it a very strange feeling, I think if organs damages, that would be painful, if they don't shut off, people maybe don't have more strength that body lives. After death, we can't know nothing and childrens are keeping life on, childrens are the reincarnation of life, but they aren't the same person.

Level 13
i don't think making someone ''idiot'' is polite...and i told Every man whene he knows that he will die we will fear..Few people are there that do not fear death...like army troopers they are willing to risk there life for the good of the country.

Level 35
I believe in the Marker and Convergence.

If you die, your body should be conserved until the day of convergence.

At that point, you will evolve into a superior life-form and will resurrect into a perfect world with nothing but peace and love waiting for you.

Join the church of Unitology.

Marker.png

Status
Not open for further replies.