• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
People believe to provide a feeling of purpose and safety, if you mean 'believe' as in believing in one's spiritual beliefs. Otherwise, believe is a synonym of 'think' eg. 'I believe we will win' or 'I believe he'll get rejected by that hot chick', if you mean 'think' as in expressing one's opinion. Otherwise, 'think' is when your brain processes a thought eg. 'I'm thinking of an answer' or 'He's a really quick thinker'.

Level 35
1-
2-
3-
4-

[1]

I believe that you should've removed the "a" and capitalized "god". Also,
I think it's best to avoid that idea.

[2]

Close your eyes for a moment and think of what you would do right now if
you somehow found out you're going to live forever.
(If you already think that life is meaningless, this won't impact you)
Wouldn't you feel discouraged?

[3]

Nice One :)

[4]

Of the 3.7 billion people, 1.7 billion are muslims and 2 billion are christians.

I don't know about the Christians, but I can guarantee that only 5% of the muslims
are Closed-Minded. The Qu'ran encourages Open-mindedness and Self-defense.

You can trust me on that fact, but when it comes to the numbers, they're close enough.

---------

Now let's stop talking about religion and God
If you want to know his gender, go ask him yourself -.-

I respect ALL your opinions. I apologize for that first post; It was an impulse.

Now can we talk about Ponies? ;P

You know, I almost forgot to tell you where to shove it. Clearly you do not respect our opinions, as you are placing a heavy emphasis on 'god' being a male. Hell, you're placing a heavy emphasis on there being a 'god' fullstop. There could just as easily be no 'god', or many 'gods'. And then you suggest that we talk about 'ponies'? Wow, are you struggling to fit in or what?

So tell me, those 3.7 billion people I supposedly offended, did you survey them all yourself? You say you're open-minded yet speak for 3.7 billion people? You contradict yourself just as much as the bible.

Hell, you even say people would feel discouraged to live out an eternal life without even seeing what people would do in such a case. And YET, as far as I can tell, YOUR religion is a mission for ETERNAL SALVATION. So tell me, if you died and your spirit then lived for eternity in 'Paradise', wouldn't you feel discouraged?

You know, I almost forgot to tell you where to shove it. Clearly you do not respect our opinions, as you are placing a heavy emphasis on 'god' being a male. Hell, you're placing a heavy emphasis on there being a 'god' fullstop. There could just as easily be no 'god', or many 'gods'. And then you suggest that we talk about 'ponies'? Wow, are you struggling to fit in or what?

So tell me, those 3.7 billion people I supposedly offended, did you survey them all yourself? You say you're open-minded yet speak for 3.7 billion people? You contradict yourself just as much as the bible.

Hell, you even say people would feel discouraged to live out an eternal life without even seeing what people would do in such a case. And YET, as far as I can tell, YOUR religion is a mission for ETERNAL SALVATION. So tell me, if you died and your spirit then lived for eternity in 'Paradise', wouldn't you feel discouraged?

-.-"

oppinions are like assholes... everyone has one and they are often full of shit

nice one :)

And some even have two.... opinions that is.

haha :p

EDIT:

if you died and your spirit then lived for eternity in 'Paradise', wouldn't you feel discouraged?

I guess i used the wrong term.
I didn't express my point correctly.

The point is, if life were to be limitless, it would be valueless.

When you understand that your time on Earth is limited and you have no way
to tell when your time is up, you will begin to live each day to the fullest, as
if it was the only one you had.

If life were to be limitless, in most cases you might as well die. Each day would
be monotonous. When you're talking about "living" in eternity in Paradise, that's
a completely different thing...

Btw, I've already apologized twice. Why can't you just grow up and accept it.

-.-@You

Hell, you even say people would feel discouraged to live out an eternal life without even seeing what people would do in such a case.

I don't know. Do you know of anyone who can live for all eternity?
Go ask them -.-

And while you're at it, go die and tell us how it felt -.-

Last edited:
Silly narrow-visioned extremists, somehow believing that all other beliefs are wrong while maintaining the illusional belief that they are open-minded.

Not everyone is right :)
And I'm not an extremist, I'm just a person with an opinion that I'm defending :)
Don't I have the right to do that?

And I apologize again for posting what I think/believe -.-

Now grow up -.-

Level 35
And I'm not an extremist, I'm just a person with an opinion that I'm defending :)

Now grow up -.-

Interesting how you tell me to grow up after reporting me for simply making an age old suggestion.

And don't pretend you didn't just report more posts by me, I know you did.

You didn't just post what you think/believe, you said 'everyone else is wrong'.
You say the Bible is an updated Torah and the Quran is an updated Bible, essentially disrespecting all other religions in one go.
You have a right to defend what you believe, sure, but you don't have a right to attack other people's beliefs.

Clearly you are the one who needs to grow up. Don't feed me bullshit that you're open-minded, either, you clearly are not.

Now grow up -.-

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion and defending it
The problem is you're not doing a very good job of it as you contradict yourself with careless abandon, claiming you're open minded while at the same time bashing other religions.

@Wazzz
This has gone on long enough now - you should stop too.

But really, this thread has gotten way off topic, can we please bring it back to the original point?

Oh yea, this thread was about Death
So yea, as I was saying, I don't fear death itself as I strongly believe in reincarnation (because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy).
What I DO fear, however, is dying before doing stuff I want to do.

We cool? :)
Reincarnation => Warm and Fuzzy => Tauren Chieftain lol

Level 35
We cool? :)
Reincarnation => Warm and Fuzzy => Tauren Chieftain lol

Not yet. I'm one who prefers people to prove themself to me. You've proven yourself to be a tool so far. Prove yourself to be otherwise, and then we will be cool.

Back on topic, I am aware that a lot of people say 'I'm not afraid to die', but there are many different reasons for fearing death. I guess the best thing to do is do everything we aim to do before we die so that we have nothing to fear except the unknown.

Level 35
Too many assumptions. Death itself could mean 'I have no idea what the hell is going to happen when I die', and let's face it, that's pretty scary. Dying itself might not be too scary to people, especially if they've done everything they wanted to anyway.

Remember, it's all based on circumstance and personality.

What are the odds that someone can die and live again to tell us how it felt?
It might be possible in the future, but for now, .. wtvr

Hypothesizing is pretty much all we can do.

When i say "dying", I'm referring to the process.
Death is the result.

I don't fear the result, but I might fear the process.
And as you said, it all depends on the circumstances.

If I was dying in a room filled with Nitrogen gas, it wouldn't be
too scary, but If I was being impaled, that would make me tremble.

Level 4
Racism can be as simple as applying a stereotype to a someone just because of their racial stock; racial discrimination.

Anywho, I'm in the same boat as Wazzz almost, I like the idea of reincarnation, in particular a sort of "Soul Recycling" concept where souls have a sort of infinite loop- perhaps until satisfaction, perhaps not specific to a planet. After all, not everyone gets a fair shot at life, and I can't help but get angry to consider that you can get your sole shot at life ruined just because you drew the short straw.

Level 4
They say we're all a fraction of God.

Technically, we're a fraction of our forefathers. That could fix that problem, I'd say.

The problem comes, to which religion is supposed to answer, is the origin of our forefathers, and everything else. Well, that said people may just want to know what happens after life. Some religions try to explain both.

Level 35
@Wazzz: Although there are loopholes, it ofc does not mean it's untrue. I'd prefer to come back to life too, though I myself don't believe it.

This is true, as every theory as to what happens after life has at least one loophole somewhere in it, primarily because we have very little understanding of that area. Hell, we as a human race have very little understanding of the world no doubt in comparison to what knowledge there is to be had.

'Tis a truly wonderful world.

Level 12
I was born from nowhere, from absolutely nothing, came in this world as a elemental energy which does not know how did it came here. Practically I am amazed that I live, I don't have idea how could I be created. It's complicated to compare birth and reincarnation, because, when you have born, you have been created, when you die, you decay, your all organism decays, therefore life vanishes, so how could a decaying organism be created again? We all are created out of nothing, we are created of elements, but we did not know how could we live, what made us live, it's hard to say that reincarnation exists, but it's not harder than the question how did we create ourselves. Pablo Picasso said "everything you can imagine is real".

Bro, can you NOT be offensive? Try, it helps.

I hope i didn't offend anyone. I was just stating a fact.

Ofcourse I could've said "people" but the joke wouldn't make sense :p
Sorry if I offended anyone :(

I believe in God and I believe life after death...I'm not afraid of dying but what I am afraid of is that when I'm dead my family suffers coz I'm the breadwinner...

Same here.. except for that breadwinner part.

---------------------

Ultimately your beliefs are the most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.