• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have been thinking and searching sometime without an answer, is it possible to put a formula into description?

For example there would be a Storm Bolt ability.

It says:
Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA1> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur1> seconds.

It's damage would be increased by strength, so DataA1 + Hero's Strength = damage.
Would i be able to put a formula into description which it counts as your strength might increase during levels and the damage raises?

Sorry if there is already asked the same question, but i couldn't find it D=

Level 6
I really doubt that this is possible. As far as I know you cannot summand values in a tooltip. Furthermore you cannot get the current stat points(in tooltips) from heroes and it seems that you cannot get information about unit values. I just tried to put in <Hpal,INT> and it returned null.

.. so in other words: you have insert it like "45 + int"

Level 18
So you're trying to add damage based on hero-attributes to your Storm Bolt spell. Make Storm Bolt have a unique buff so that it can be specifically detected when the Storm Bolt impacts a target unit. Once the Storm Bolt impacts said unit, it will deal damage, at which point you need to deal unit-to-unit damage based on the attribute of choice.

Basically, when "New Storm Bolt" is casted, have a damage-detection-event trigger run a condition/action that checks for whether or not the unit has the "New Storm Bolt" buff and then deal the extra bonus damage accordingly.

Level 6
So you're trying to add damage based on hero-attributes to your Storm Bolt spell. Make Storm Bolt have a unique buff so that it can be specifically detected when the Storm Bolt impacts a target unit. Once the Storm Bolt impacts said unit, it will deal damage, at which point you need to deal unit-to-unit damage based on the attribute of choice.

Basically, when "New Storm Bolt" is casted, have a damage-detection-event trigger run a condition/action that checks for whether or not the unit has the "New Storm Bolt" buff and then deal the extra bonus damage accordingly.

He's having problems with the tooltip.

Level 18
No his problem is that he cannot "access" a hero's strength/agility/intelligence stats within a tooltip. Wouldn't make much sense though anyway considering it would be a variable amount, and the tooltips are not dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.