• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extra Leveled Abilities Don't Show Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have been looking around and have seen other games where they have abilities above level 3 and will actually show all levels when putting your mouse over top of it in the research section of a hero. Well i have changed a few abilities to up 5 levels but when i go to learn one it shows only the description of the first 3 levels but still goes up to 5. I have done all the stats and everything but sitll.

I have added in the descriptions and tooltips for example:
S|cffffcc00t|rorm Bolt - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]
S|cffffcc00t|rorm Bolt - [|cffffcc00Level 2|r]
S|cffffcc00t|rorm Bolt - [|cffffcc00Level 3|r]
S|cffffcc00t|rorm Bolt - [|cffffcc00Level 4|r]
S|cffffcc00t|rorm Bolt - [|cffffcc00Level 5|r]

Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA1> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur1> seconds.

Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA2> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur2> seconds.

Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA3> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur3> seconds.

Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA4> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur4> seconds.

Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA5> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur5> seconds.

Can someone please tell me how to get them to show up in game, that would be great.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
On the Spell - Learn Description, the whole information for when you're in the Hero Menu is there.

However, you might be referring to dealing X damage and stunning for X seconds.

AHtb - Ability code for Storm Bolt. If this is a custom ability, it will probably get the data from Storm Bolt and not from this one.
Dur/DataA - Dur is Duration. DataA4 is probably the Damage.
The number X after DataA and Dur - This is the ability level. This will extract the information of the damage and duration fields of the corresponding level.

So, what you have to do, is fill up the information in the field I mentioned previously, the Spell - Learn or something like that.

Level 3
Yes that definately fixed it. It shows all levels when you go to learn the spell. I'm sure i did what you were trying to tell me to do. Just filled out the rest of the Learn - Extended description for the other 2 levels. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.