• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

aoe damage nontarget spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello! I know how to do an aoe with a target spell and giving damage like skil lvl x strength, but how can i do and aoe damage using my formula with non target spell like warstomp or thunder clap. I saw something here like using dummy and that dummy using another target spell and giving damage. I know how to that but i dont how to make that dummy deal my formula damage with my hero Strength. I mean how can i give strength to that dummy? I realy need help for this problem.

Level 5
i know this...I mean i know how to make that spell dealing damage like 1000 or 2000... But i want to give damage with my formula. SpellLevel(10) x Strength. and my strength is increased by each level, so my damage for my spell is increased too. What you said didn't helped me.

Level 22
Just check your hero's strength then multiply it by the level of your ability
like this

• Unit - Cause Caster to damage TargetUnit, dealing ((Real((Level of YourAbility for Caster))) x (Real((Strength of Caster (Exclude bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Last edited:
Level 25
I know how to do an aoe with a target spell and giving damage like skil lvl x strength, but...
gave me the impression you know how to do it :x

The formula usage is the same everywhere. You cannot damage all units immediately, you must damage each unit separately (unless you don't want to differentiate between allies and enemies). So all you have to do is change "target of your ability" for "unit picked into unit group" - you have to change only the targeted unit, however the action and process is still the same.

Anyway, the formula is as Rheiko posted.
Attributes are integers, while damage is in real, so you have to use the action "Conversion - Convert integer to real" function when making the damage calculation.

You shouldn't use dummy units for such simple spells.

Level 25
They may wanted to avoid linear incrementing of attributes, or they needed certain amount of str/agi/int at level 10 but also at lvl 1 without that hero being more or less powerful than other heroes and normal units.

Status
Not open for further replies.