• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attribute based AoE skills? Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title, I have problems while creating spells which deal damage based on Hero's attributes. I know how to creating single target spells but not AoE targets spells.

For example, I want to create a custom Thunder Clap spell which deals damage equal to 5 x the caster's Strength to enemy units in a 500 AoE.

Can somebody help me with the trigger in GUI?

I'm a newbie here!

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Level 25
  • AoeDamage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
    • Actions
      • Set x = (Real(((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)) x 4)))
      • Set tempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set tempUnitGroup = (Units within 250.00 of tempPoint matching (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing x damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempGroup)
The only differences between this and a single target spell:
- use a unit group variable to pick nearby enemies (pick every unit in range matching condition)
- deal the damage to each unit individually
- clean your memory leaks!

Level 33
You don't have to create a new global variable just for the sake picking every unit, just do this;
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of tempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

Level 2
Thanks both of you for helping me!
I use trigger given by rulerofiron and it works for me!
Anyway, I will try defskull's trigger in another skill!
:)

Level 4
Well, based on deffskull, i see (well, actually read) that in ruleonfire's trigger, the var. x can be removed, and use the "defining of var. x" to define the damage it do. Save memory (but it's a long line and long click, though).

Level 2
I'm trying to do some thing like connection with attributes that will add hp dmg and def to summoned unit compare to summoners attributes. trying to do this way but cant find formula starting on "real" got "load" will that work?

Level 33
I'm trying to do some thing like connection with attributes that will add hp dmg and def to summoned unit compare to summoners attributes. trying to do this way but cant find formula starting on "real" got "load" will that work?
You already created a thread for this, no need to hijack other people's thread to ask a question that is not related to the main topic of this thread at all.

Or maybe you see the words "Attributes", you think it's related ?
No.
Yours requires a system, advanced one.

Level 4
Er... Sorry for the typo...
(Well, at least, my typo and the one who EXPLAINS it solve the rulerofiron's problem on his nickname....)

Status
Not open for further replies.