• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Explosive illusons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am newbie to GUI spells and I want to create a spell base on Mirror Image and the illusion will explode and deal aoe damage when killed.

I tried the ability AOE damage upon death for the caster but it will not trigger the AOE damage...

So I think I need to use triggers but I don't know how to do!!!!
:goblin_boom:

Level 16
I am newbie to GUI spells and I want to create a spell base on Mirror Image and the illusion will explode and deal aoe damage when killed.

I tried the ability AOE damage upon death for the caster but it will not trigger the AOE damage...

So I think I need to use triggers but I don't know how to do!!!!
:goblin_boom:

I guess Tank-Commander may help you with this he is good at making spells using GUI. I could make it but I am currently busy making a system.

But as a quick solution try not basing the spell on mirror image and base it on a normal summoning spell and add the AOE damage ability to the summoned unit from the object editor but this solution will fail if the summoned unit should not deal damage.

I will try looking into it.

Level 33
Ahhh...
If anyone of you can solve this, you can solve my issues too: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/linking-units-225630/

Sorry for thread hijacking, but I really need the solution :/

Pharaoh_'s way would work definitely, if and only if, the damage is equal for all levels.

If it is different from Level 1 and Level 2, we need it somehow to link the Caster with the illusions to store the Damage to the Illusion when they die.

Level 16
Then you can trigger spell itself not using basis of Mirror Image, create units with certain Kaboom adjustments depending on the level of instant spell. It would serve as well as Mirror Image.

Remember that summoned unit will do nothing if it is unable to attack which will make the opponent be alert that this is the supposed-to-be illusion thus attacking the unit that can attack even if the summoned unit damage is set to a small amount the opponent can simply click the two units and check their damage and will also be able to detect the illusion. But on the other hand mirror image will allow the image to attack normally without doing any damage and it will have the same stats as the original unit.

Level 31
Why to make it harder.

Create Bash ability with -1000 or less damage bonus, set duration to 0, remove buff and set chance to bash to 100%, there is no way to spot this one.

Or create Critical Strike ability, set chance to 100%, set targets allowed Air and Ground, set damage multiply to 0, set damage bonus to -1000. Works as well as bash.

I tested it, it works. No dizzy effect or red floating text.

Level 16
Why to make it harder.

Create Bash ability with -1000 or less damage bonus, set duration to 0, remove buff and set chance to bash to 100%, there is no way to spot this one.

Or create Critical Strike ability, set chance to 100%, set targets allowed Air and Ground, set damage multiply to 0, set damage bonus to -1000. Works as well as bash.

I tested it, it works. No dizzy effect or red floating text.

And what about the attribute description if the spell is for a hero, what you are suggesting may be good for normal units -I think-

If for a hero you will make the summoned unit of the same type of the Hero, meaning that the summoned unit is a HERO which might make the spell flawed.

Level 31
What do you mean? You can then create a copy of a hero, and use Action Modify Hero attribute and set it to the amount of certain attribute of caster. Then remove spells or make it removed in Object Editor by making a copy. We're not making an universal spell, just to help out wateverks on his situation only, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.