• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Gobelin Mines don't explode (custom & original spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone,

I'm currently creating a map and want to make a spell that make a trap.

I used the Item Gobelin Land Mine ability, with the Gobelin Land Mine unit, used AoE Damage upon death & Mine - explode, but customized: no damages, icone changed, range of AoE damage, etc (it is not important, you'll see).

So I do my spell, test it... And the mine don't even explode. It become invisible as usual, the enemy walk on it, but nothing happened. The mine is still there.

I am looking for the solution since two days now and tried with the original Gobelin land mine (with original abilities AoE Damage upon death & Mine - explode), which don't explode as well.

So my question is: Why could that happened? Did I changed an option which do that? :/

(Ps : I have tried my spell on a new test map and it worked well)

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi again,

I still have not found the solution, and I'm currently looking if I have disabled something with triggers or in maps constants, but nothing found yet. If you need more informations tell me :/

please help...

Level 9
You could post your map with a set-up that enable to test the spell easily and quickly (one or two casting units, with spell requirement disabled and some ennemy units close enough to the casters). In that way people that wants to help will be able to give it a look (me the first ^^).

Level 2
Well... After your message I start changin...g a copy of my map to do what you said, but it seems that the problem come from the unit which was walking on the mine, and the targets allowed for the mine or the spells.

Why I think that: I tried with basic Grunts units and it does trigger the gobelin land mine (from the original spell) AND my custom mine. And with the unit I was using before ( which is a categorized "Ancient", hover unit, targeted as "Ground") neither of them triggers. Did the Gobelin mine trigger on hover?

For your tests, here is the map, as asked. I have put a dark ranger with the herospell FrostTrap and a gobelin mine item near it, and to the north, the ancient/hover unit I was testing and some grunts.
In the informations tab you'll find some command to allow you to take/give control of units to player.

Thanks btw, you helped me already :)

Attachments

• Titan_survive_ToSend.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 9
I tried to open your test map with WE (on patch 1.27b) and JNGP 2.0.7, in both cases the software crashes when I open the map...

I think the fact the unit is hovering isn't a problem, it just describes the movment of the unit, not how it is targeted.

Did you allow 'Ancient' in 'Stats - Targets allowed'? This field is blank for the default spell (which is weird). Maybe you could try to allow some types : 'ground', 'ennemy', ... (all the boxes that seem relevant in fact ^^)

Level 2
Sorry judotrente, I have send the wrong map (Previous message edited to upload the good one...). The Stat - Target Allowed do not seems to affect the spell, I tried to change it, but nothing happened.

SOLUTION: I changed the hover parameter to set it to foot and it worked, as said by Athur12A2 Gobelin mines are not triggered by Hover unit
That was pretty.... annoying for such a little thing.

Many thanks to you two for your help. Really :)

Problem Solved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.