1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

D3 Not Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Craka_J, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unannounced MMO...? Isn't World of Warcraft enough? While Starcraft II might keep me entertained, I want Warcraft 4 more than Starcraft II or Diablo III.

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Didn't they say they were never going to make a WarCraft IV?

3. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah. They said that they'll do that once some team within the company wants to do it. The RTS team is currently working on SC2.

4. Kohuded

Kohuded

Resources:
    Resources:
    Unannounced MMO?
    I'd guess World of Starcraft?

5. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nope. They said it was a new IP.

6. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Intellectual Property. Franchise. New game. Not related to WarCraft, Diablo nor StarCraft.

8. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Err, thanks, but you didn't have to say the same thing four times. I'm not stupid. :|

9. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah sorry. Didn't mean it like that. I made a sentence then somehow I broke it into 4 parts to make myself clear. xD

10. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I thought it would come 2011~2013

11. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea, they are working on an unannounced MMO, but its a completely NEW FRANCHISE. WoW, will eventually dissolve as new and better MMO's come out. It's already 6 years old. Blizzard owns the MMO gaming right now, they know that eventually some one else is going to put out a better MMO than them. Making a new and better MMO than WoW is their way of trying to stay the MMO powerhouse of gaming.

12. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wouldn't that equal 2012 :thumbs_up:

Anyway 2012 is where I am hoping to see it, though it wouldn't surprise me if it got delayed to a later date. After all its also depending on what other releases there is at that time.

13. Jaret

Jaret

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Wow... I'm really interested into seeing what new franchise's gonna appear. I suppose It'll be something in the future (we have 2 games in the past (Diablo and Warcraft) and 1 in the future (Starcraft)) so it'll be the best like that... Wow, an mmo about the future... could be interesting (I know... there's stargate or starwars (Shitty) or whatever as a mmo, but this is blizzard. they own the MMO genre big time).

14. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    If they keep making shitty easy games with warnings and disclaimers all over the place, I wouldn't count on that there MMO being all that good.

15. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And what are you referring too? :confused: Blizzard :eekani:

16. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW, SC2. Take a look. They're headed in the shitty public American direction, and if they don't do a sharp U-turn they're gonna become EA.

17. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well WoW I can slightly relate to, it being a money machine for them.. But SC2? That game would never have gotten that well out of EA's slippery hands.. and I would never call it shitty.. You even played it?

None the less, I agree that even though they still make very nice games, they have gotten a more money talks attitude (but heck, thats fair as long as it pays the bills for even more great games). Just consider Troika games, they had everything to make great games, except money.. and in the end they died out by being reliant on shitty producers and having a unrealistic deadline.. If they had survived I would be they would be a serious thread to Blizzard.. just considering that most of those guys now works for Blizzard (except those at unreal and so on.. generally all the places where great games is made).

18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I played SC2 - Hell, I've been playing league for a month now. The melee is freaking awesome, and stating otherwise would be retarded. However, take a look at the abomination that is BNet 2.0. That, sir, is the problem with SC2.

19. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is correct.. and its damn confusing.. the forced start is also a bitch (though clearly done due to the many bots in the first). But I don't consider the b-net 2 a part of their games, thats more like a network part, which I bet someone other then the game designers created....

But yea, the old one was better in that sense - though I like the new system of saving your games to your account, so even if you lose the physical version you can still install and play it.

20. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Allready knew it wouldnt be 2010