• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death is comming! The Reaper of Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Today Blizzard has announced the expansion for their award winning popular game Diablo III. Below is a brief summary of what has to be looked forward to.

New class, based on the Paladin from Diablo II, complete with skills like Blessed Hammer.
Level 70 cap, 10 levels above the current.
Account wide Paragon levels, with no maximum limit and customizable points to spend (and reallocate).
Loot 2.0, now with One-Hand weapons dealing >3,000 damage at level 70 and BoA.
A new act, featuring a fight against a fallen angel.
New abilities, passives and ruins for all classes.

I have a question about the Paragon 2.0: I know the total number of Paragon levels obtained by all your 60+ chars will add up to a grand total, but does that mean that their allocation will also be account-wide or will each character be able to have their own customised paragon point allocation?

Eg, put more in strength for Barb/Crusader while you focus on intelligence for Wizard/WD.

Also, not that I really want it, but here's to hoping some of these new skills and runes will make a melee DH a thing.

Overall, the new stuff they will be adding/changing looks like it will only serve to make the game better. Cheers, blizz!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have a question about the Paragon 2.0: I know the total number of Paragon levels obtained by all your 60+ chars will add up to a grand total, but does that mean that their allocation will also be account-wide or will each character be able to have their own customised paragon point allocation?
No one has given an straight answer to that question. However reviewing the material and interviews Blizzard gave about the expansion one can deduce the following.
1. Paragon levels are account wide and cannot be lost once earned. Dying in Hardcore will still kill your character but all your Paragon progress is kept for use on other characters.
2. Paragon levels still become active only once you reach 60. This means players who do not buy the expansion will still have access to them even though they cannot reach level 70, the new maximum level.
3. Paragon level points are allocated per character. This is obvious by what they said about its permanence in Hardcore since you would permanently lose points otherwise when dying.
4. There is no maximum level to paragon. It will be truly a measure of progress as there is no end to it.
5. All existing paragon bonuses are removed. Characters will be stripped back to plain level 60 with all extra attributes and magic/gold find bonuses gone.
6. In addition to prime attributes, there are a number of special attributes you can level. It is obvious that some of them will have maximum raise caps. A given example was Movement Speed. I am guessing Gold Find and Magic Find will also be attributes you can raise. Since there is a cap on them you can obviously only raise them a certain amount (otherwise people would dump all points into Magic Find and Movement Speed only).
7. Point allocation is not permanent. Making a mistake can be undone simply by pressing the allocator button in the other direction (as seen in the screenshot). However, one can guess that you will not be free to re-allocate everywhere as it may require you to leave the game or discard all your valor stacks. Although they have not covered Re-allocation, I would even be happy if each point cost 1k gold to unlearn, as long as there is no permanence.

Also, not that I really want it, but here's to hoping some of these new skills and runes will make a melee DH a thing.
Quite possibly. You may even find some legendary swords specially designed for that.

Overall, the new stuff they will be adding/changing looks like it will only serve to make the game better. Cheers, blizz!
I still think too many people complain about it.

Well hopefully the complaints will lessen with the expansion. I'm not that happy with D3 as it is but with loot 2.0 and paragon 2.0, the grind will hopefully start to feel rewarding again. I stopped playing when I reached level 60 because gaining paragon levels was a pain and didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything, and farming money to buy stuff on the AH just made loot drops irrelevant.

Speaking of items, they are buffing the legendaries in Reaper of Souls, right?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Speaking of items, they are buffing the legendaries in Reaper of Souls, right?
As part of loot 2.0, yes. All Legendary items will now spawn up to level 70, with vastly improved stats at higher levels.

The example showed was the Puzzle Ring which higher levels lower the number of enemies needed to be killed for you to get an extra item. Also a lot of items appear Account Bound, either due to being optimized for the character or maybe as part of the new drop mechanics.

Level 24
I'm really excited about this having seen the trailer, my number 1 concern was what would happen to my paragon levels but seeing I do not need to worry about them I have nothing but good feelings for the upcoming expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.