1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blizzard is begining to anger me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Knightmawk, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Knightmawk

Knightmawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I havent seen any Starcraft II updates or Diablo III updates since Mar Sara and those couple of screenshots we got a while back.

Is anyone else starting to wish they would drop Wrath of the Lich King for a while and speed up Starcraft II and Diablo III?

I know WoW is probably their main profit source so the new expansion is a priority, but I'm just saying, Im personally a long time fan of Blizzards games, from Diablo I to Starcraft, to Warcraft I all the way up to Warcrft III, but I just never got into WoW, tried it, t was a little slow paced for me and from what I know the story strays pretty far from the Warcraft Spirit. I personally was hoping for a Warcrft IV eventually, but a dreamer dreams eh.

I am aware that each game has its own team, All I am saying is that I havn't seen very many updates on either game, I understand they are probably trying to hype WoW a little more, being that it is more of a money maker and it most likely being the most far along, I would just like to see some more starcraft II or Diablo II updates.

:spell_breaker:~Any Thoughts~:spell_breaker:

Please stop telling me that each game has its own development team, I know that, all I am saying is that I havent heard anything about Starcraft II or Diablo III in a while

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or.. They're not trying to hype the game to its max? I don't want to know everything about the game before I buy it ;) .

3. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i would rather invest in my biggest money maker

4. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    IIII? Congrats on your roman digits, it's IV.

As LordDZ already stated, they're not gonna reveal the entire thing to the public, and besides, they have multiple teams designed for each game, there we have the WoW Team, the Blizzard North Team (SC2) and the Diablo 3 Team. Don't worry, Blizzard will eventually release all 3 games.

5. Wolle

Wolle

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoTLk: It will be done before 09 if all goes acording to plan
    Sc II: It will be done when its done, sometime before D3
    D3: It will done when its done, but before hell freezes over.

Thats blixxard for you, you dont make some of the worlds best games in a sinlgle year, it takes time to have everything ready so that you wont have to constantly deal with flaws and glitches.

6. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Always when a blizzard game is announced i get exited, and then i forget about it, and when it's released im reminded and im exited again =p

7. boomwolf

boomwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem with blizzard is that they announce too early and then decide "Screw the people that are waiting, I can make this game better.", then everyone is mad at them for like a year as the uber game is not released, and then it suddenly gets released with no prior announcement featuring like 3 times what they promised.

And then you buy the game and play it for a bare minimum of 100 hours.

Naturally there are fanboys, and I mean you, yes YOU Tom (your name probably isn't Tom but it was worth it to mess with the minds of every Tom who might read it.), that would remain angry even AFTER playing the game, but they simply suck.

8. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you see the cinematics for each though. To me, this is the order of the quality of each games cinematic.
    1. WoTLK cinematic
    2. Starcraft II cinematic
    3. Diablo 3 Cinematic

to me, thats just what I saw quality-wise. Gosh, that Frost-Wyrm looked so cool.

~Asomath

9. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard doesnt work on a game one at a time or abit here and abit there. Each game has its own development department.

10. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please, do not double post, there is an "Edit" button on the bottom-right of your post, so you can use it when you think you forgot to say something or to correct spelling mistakes.

Anyways, Kimberly is right, each game has its own development department.

11. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    D3 won't come out for a while. You have a minimum of a year to wait, and knowing Blizzard it could be upwards of two or three years.

Also, just check Starcraft 2 - Unit Database, Forums, Game Guide for your needs. It updates a lot more.

12. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wulf is right on this one.

It isn't just one company working on one game at a time. Each game has its own team with its own seperate people working solely on one thing. That means there's a team for each of these games, so WotLK does not in any way affect the progress of D3 or SCII.

13. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Didn't I say that in the first place? :bored:

14. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but nobody listened so Werewulf restated your point. No one listened to her, so finally someone with the authority and commanding presence to demand the attention of these ingrates was found, and I showed up.

15. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, all hail brad.dude03 :grin:

Anyway, as we all said before. Don't worry, you'll have em all soon.

16. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't encourage world war 3 =p

Did somebody already say that quality takes time?

17. wugiboy

wugiboy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    thats not how wc3 came, it was more uber during the alpha stages and when it was finally released it was a lot less uber as it was..

18. AJalex

AJalex

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yep quality takes time and wow wotlk will probably be launched at blizzcon ... and probably they will do a surprise launch of sc2 ... they can keep the dev a secret and do a surprise for the fans :)

one of the things that i hate about blizz is that they ressurect fallen heroes in wotlk ... now it is speculated that:
    "It is speculated that Garrosh Hellscream will lead the clan in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. He will at least be in the Warsong Hold in Northrend. " <<< makes you angry doesnt it :)

19. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Garrosh is the son of Grom. >.>

20. AJalex

AJalex

Resources: