• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III!? (No Joke!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well if you have read up on such things, blizzard says they are having a "major product annoucment" in 2007

August 24, 2006 - While our meeting with Blizzard Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams today at the German Games Convention mainly focused on The Burning Crusade, the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, we did ask him about what the future holds in store for Blizzard, and specifically about StarCraft 2.

"StarCraft is my absolutely favorite game of all time," Sams told us. "As you probably already know, there is no doubt that we will continue the StarCraft and Diablo franchise, and trust me, I will be the happiest person in the world when we announce StarCraft 2."

While Sams wasn't ready to spill the beans just yet, he did say Blizzard "will have a major product announcement in 2007," and that Blizzard was currently working on at least three other unannounced titles at the moment
(Read the Full Article http://pc.ign.com/articles/727/727892p1.html)
A "major product announcment", or unannounced titles, could easily be D3, or some form of DMMORPG, leaves us to guess until then..../:eek:

Level 18
This was at the Blizzard site under the job descriptions:

http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/artist-ui.shtml

for those to lazy to look, it says that the teams behind Diablo I and II are looking for a user interface artist.

Some of the things they mentioned: "Item Icons", "Character Portraits", and "background screens"

What do you think? Is Diablo III secretly under way?

That's been there for months I beleive, or if not that then another job posting to work with the Diablo team on the front page. I remember lots of gossip about it ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.