• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 : Remastered (Letter to Blizzard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I recently posted something in the starcraft II forums today and wanted to forward it to you guys because I was inspired making maps for this site.

Please Support
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11041994278?page=1#0

If you don't feel like leaving this website I've compressed the post below
To Start off : Blizzard, I can not log into http://forums.battle.net/ due to your broke "Required Game Key System" so I'm posting this here because it'll get the most attention anyways.

So Blizzard, you've put a lot of effort into the Starcraft II, WOW, and D3 game series; And Honestly I'm disappointed. I've been a faithful player of Starcraft since day 1, I've been a faithful player of Diablo since day one. I started at the age of 13, and I'm almost 20 now. I still to this day make maps for Warcraft 3, Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne. I attempted to transition to mapping for SC2 but its a bit more difficult. I've probably, embarrassingly, put nearly 20% of my lifetime into these games and they've become my future(I'm an aspiring programmer).

Recently, starting with the release of Diablo 3 I've only been let down. Why don't we reinvent the wheel? Because it's not broken, so why did you change D3 into what it is? It has no where near the replayability of Diablo 2 / LOD. I can only hope you'll fix / tweak it with the upcoming expansion.

I know that you've become a sell out. I understand that every single developer has a boss, and whether or not they wanted you to change the game or not is their business. But Its up to the developers to stand up and say that the game will do better this way. As a community, we hope you will make the right decisions in the future.

So why did I begin this? I woke up one day and decided that I'm tired of the Starcraft II Arcade... That was nearly a year ago, and I haven't logged into starcraft 2 since. I've played many games in this time but one stood out, It was Warcraft III : Frozen Throne. Not only because I make maps, but because the ingame environment / storyline / custom games surpass those of starcraft II. They really are more enjoyable and I miss playing them with random people and making friends. WOW has destroyed the Lore and any chance at a real sequel to Warcraft III; But not a remastered edition.

Warcraft III : Remastered Edition is my request from Blizzard, for the time of my life spent on their games. I hope the community Agrees with me. You do have the man power, money, and resources to remaster Warcraft III with a new engine, new editor, new graphics, and even if you dare, and new story to make possibly one of the most beautiful games of ,dare I say, Century. Pay homage to what got you here, and pay your respects to the people who you owe. Even the grinch's heart grew three times its size. So I Implore you, to create this for me and all of the community.

Thanks
Storm, Flacid Turtle

The only thing the only thing I really got out of this is that an upgraded Warcraft would be cool.

I'd think that we modders can do that ourselves. Hell, I could probably provide visual upgrades for atleast one race. The biggest issue I'd think of is trying to change the UI, if necessary.

Besides that, though, if a couple of Hivers could do such a thing, I doubt Blizzard would have ANY trouble remastering the game.

Level 37
I'm sure calling them "sellout" will really convince them to remaster WC3.

You could have done a much better job. The letter could be less about you and bitching about how rubbish and boring D3 and SC2 are.

You could have said what makes you think it is worth for them to make the remastering happen. The letter has too little content and it is poorly structured.

I would love to see a remastered WC3.

Level 4
I got the point across, that was basically my goal.

I'd prefer that they moved away from the WC3 engine, or at least severely upgrade it.

If I was someone from Blizzard and saw that kind of message, I would probably just delete that...

Half of that message is about how bad D3 and SC2 was...

It would do better if you simply told them reasons why Wc3 should be remastered...

but hey, they're already planning of doing an upgraded version of it BTW (based on some other thread here I think)

Last edited:
Level 4
y do people think they can make any difference in these giant companies

because you can? assuming people like you would actually be more active and less lazy and corn. You're a bit of a corn and a bit ignorant for even saying something like that.

Why do you want a remastered Wc3? We already played it for fuck's sake, make Wc4.
Because I'm compensating for the laziness and greediness of the company. What's easier, building a brand new game from scratch or remastering a previous success? Why did Bungie remake Halo 1? It was easy and a good way to make a solid profit.
Plus the Lores fucked up anyways? Have you played WOW? It continues half way through the story line of WC3 and basically changed the cannon. Blizzard obviously didn't give a fuck about the lore of their own story and were interested in the profit. Did you know that around 2006 Blizzard North, the creators of D2 and LOD, were mostly fired or quit because Blizzard felt that any game too similar to D2 wouldn't have the profitability because it wouldn't be as fun for a new crowd of players; they completely ignored the old fans in favor of trying to make some more bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
because you can? assuming people like you would actually be more active and less lazy and corn. You're a bit of a corn and a bit ignorant for even saying something like that.

False, they don't care until they stop making money. (which will never happen)

Just like Google and Microsoft, they are still selling off your information despite the whistle blowing.

Monsanto and Pepsi lobbied/bribed the US govt to stop GM food labeling.

You think Blizzard-Activision will care? Look at Activision's Call of Duty Ghosts.
They get fake reviews from some companies (eg IGN) and boom, money comes into their pocket automatically.

Even if you boycott Blizzard Activision or Activision's products, it doesn't make a significant difference (probably only 0.0000000001%).

They don't care, stop wasting your time trying to make a difference when its impossible to.
I used to be like you to, activist and actively participating in game forums, giving feed-back, etc.
It only made a fool of me, save yourself from the embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.