• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft remastered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Apperantly Blizzard is hiring senior software guys for their classic games!
" Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation. "

Here is Wtii talking about it ( warcraft 3 youtube person ) :

Here is the website: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=15000XZ

:goblin_good_job:
What do you guys think! I think its pretty amazing!
I don't care if its a remaster / new game but hopefully it wouldn't ruin anything with any of their older games, but also Warcraft better not be running on a scrub Starcraft engine! :ogre_icwydt:!

Tya

Tya

Level 2
It's almost certainly just to bring legacy games into the battle.net 2.0 launcher and fix a few bugs with the code.

The units shown are only heroes and hero summons, along with demon-based creeps. All, and I do mean all, standard units have no HD model. There's no indication that wc3 will be rebuilt for the sc2 engine. The models in question have been floating around since 2013.

Still, having wc3 on the bnet launcher and proper bnet 2.0 integration alone would be a huge boost in wc3's popularity and visibility.

Level 2
Absolutely, and that will certainly make it easier to find regular melee games since more people will be exposed to the game.
Also, getting an update really helps with all the hackers that are present right now, almost every game is infested with maphackers and they never get banned...

Status
Not open for further replies.