• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Music of Blizzard Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys, my name is Alexander and im from Russia, i founder of the first russian fan club dedicated to Blizzard Entertainment composers + i that guy who published Warcraft Adventures, maybe you remember this story.. :)

In general, I like Blizzard games, but music in their projects i love bigger.

So that, i gradually collect music collection dedicated Blizzard, digital and physical and i would be very glad, if would you can to help me.

In the current time i'm looking for these albums, so that, if you know where i can buy their or if someone can give their as gift, please respond me :)

You can write in this topic or on my email - [email protected]

My collection in current time - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Albums which i'm looking:
1996 - Mr. Tom & Got Show - Warcraft: The German Mixes (German release, CD);
2000 - StarCraft Game Music Vol. 1 (Korean release, Cassete);
2000 - Diablo II Soundtrack EP (CD);
2000 - Diablo II Soundtrack (CD);
2000 - Diablo II Soundtrack (Unknown version, CD);
2000 - Diablo II Soundtrack (Spanish, CD);
2000 - Diablo II Soundtrack (Polish, CD, Ver 2);
2001 - Diablo II Soundtrack (Germany, CD);
2001 - Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Soundtrack EP (Pre-order bonus, CD);
2001 - Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Soundtrack (CD);
2001 - Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Soundtrack (Polish version, CD);
2002 - Mystical Tales: The Sound of Warcraft III (Flyer);
2002 - Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Soundtrack (CD);
2003 - Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Soundtrack EP (Pre-order bonus, CD);
2004 - World of Warcraft Soundtrack EP (German pre-order bonus, CD);
2004 - World of Warcraft Soundtrack (CD);
2007 - World of Warcraft: Taverns of Azeroth Soundtrack (Blizzcon 07, CD);
2007 - World of Warcraft: Taverns of Azeroth: Happy Holidays From the Blizzard Audio Team ("Handmade" design from Blizzard Audio Dept, CD);
2007 - StarCraft Soundtrack (CD);
2009 - World of Warcraft: Mosaic Soundtrack (Blizzcon 09, CD);
2010 - StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Soundtrack (CD);
2010 - Revolution Overdrive - Songs of Liberty (Blizzcon 10, Vinyl);
2011 - The Music of Diablo 1996 - 2011: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary (Blizzcon 11, CD);
2012 - Diablo III Soundtrack (CD);
2013 - World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Soundtrack Volume II (Blizzcon 13, CD);
2013 - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Soundtrack Volume II (Blizzcon 13, CD);
2014 - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Soundtrack (Dev version, CD);
2014 - World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Soundtrack (CD);
2015 - StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Soundtrack (CD);
2016 - Lucio - Synaesthesia Auditiva (Promo soundtrack from Overwatch Recruit Kit, Vinyl);
2016 - Warcraft Movie Soundtrack (Vinyl)

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Attachments

• warcraft2.zip
    134.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Level 3
Update first post.

Thx one guy from South Korea for two rare CD.

2000 - StarCraft Game Music Vol. 1 (Korean release, CD);
2003 - Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Soundtrack EP (Korean Version, CD);
NlRQzA8.jpg

zVlkuDE.jpg

Level 3
I seen polish, spanish and US version (on photo)

But don't know where from version from the top photo

sHWFoxS.jpg

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The W7092910 catalog number is indeed not on VGMdb:
S7100360 | Diablo II Soundtrack - VGMdb

On this page in French, it is said :
"A la fin de l'année 2000, Blizzard a décidé de sortir des Versions Limitées de Diablo II. Plusieurs pays recevront ainsi "leur" édition spéciale. L'Exclusive Gift Set est la première Edition Limitée de Diablo II qui est sortie dans le commerce, en dehors de la fameuse Collector's Edition. Mais le plus important réside dans le fait que si les versions limitées vendues en Europe se ressemblent assez fortement, la version US est très différente, tant au niveau du contenu (pas de DVD mais le jeu Diablo et son guide sont inclus) qu'en ce qui concerne la boîte (bien plus grande)."

Therefore, it is my guess this Audio CD comes from one of these Limited Editions. But from which country? Looks like an interesting little mystery to solve.
@hive: the game's afoot. :wink:

I am sure Blizzard's sales department and distribution worldwide, could help us here.

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes i have, i also have full sheet music for 3 tracks from alpha version Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos)

Btw, guys, who have this flyer and this CD (german)?
6MbkMSv.jpg

xP10x5v.jpg

My collection in current moment (Year - Catalog Number - Release):

1996 [575 831-1] - Mr. Tom & Got Show - Warcraft: The German Mixes (German release, Vinyl);
2000 [DYCD-1103] - StarCraft Game Music Vol. 1 (Korean release, CD); Soon receive
2000 [nothavenumb] - Diablo II Soundtrack (Polish version, CD);
2001 [P0012658] - Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Soundtrack (Spanish version, CD);
2002 [P0012864] - Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Soundtrack EP (CD);
2002 [583 930-2] - Mystical Tales: The Sound of Warcraft III (German release, CD);
2003 [unknownnumb]- Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Soundtrack EP (Korean Version, CD); Soon receive
2007 [S0030445] - World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Soundtrack (CD);
2008 [EMIN-00001] - Echoes of War: The Music of Blizzard Entertainment (Legendary Edition, CD);
2008 [EMIN-00002] - Echoes of War: The Music of Blizzard Entertainment (Standart Edition, CD);
2008 [S2210332RU] - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Soundtrack (CD);
2009 [EMIN-00003] - Echoes of War: The Music of Blizzard Entertainment (Standart Edition ver 2, CD);
2010 [MUJ1423] - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Fall of the Lich King Soundtrack (Blizzcon 10, CD); [SIGNED]
2010 [S23195] - World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Soundtrack (CD);
2012 [72854300RU] - World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Soundtrack (CD);
2013 [72856491RU] - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Soundtrack (CD);
2013 [P863232E] - Diablo III The Music of Tristram (Music sampler, CD);
2014 [72914300RU] - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Soundtrack (CD);
2014 [unknownnumb]- Diablo III: The Haunted Sounds of Sanctuary (CD);
2016 [72985300RU] - Overwatch Soundtrack (CD);
2016 [BLM0642] - Warcraft Movie Soundtrack (CD);
2016 [S7298716] - World of Warcraft: Legion (CD); [SIGNED]

Add on my site wish list :) - Wish List

Last edited:
Level 1
Not sure if this belongs here but I'm looking a for a single particular track from Warcraft 3 soundtrack (both Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne have it) called Blackrock & Roll in HQ. The highest I can go it seems, looking around the Internet, is 320 kbps :(.
Now I don't want to buy a CD just for a single track, especially since I don't really like the rest, but from what I've seen so far, it's either the full package or bust. Even Deezer, on which I was counting, because I found many game soundtracks there turns up empty as far as Warcraft 3 goes.

Do you guys have any tips?

Level 21
Not sure if this belongs here but I'm looking a for a single particular track from Warcraft 3 soundtrack (both Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne have it) called Blackrock & Roll in HQ. The highest I can go it seems, looking around the Internet, is 320 kbps :(.
Now I don't want to buy a CD just for a single track, especially since I don't really like the rest, but from what I've seen so far, it's either the full package or bust. Even Deezer, on which I was counting, because I found many game soundtracks there turns up empty as far as Warcraft 3 goes.

Is this it?

Attachments

• Human1.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 149
Level 1
Is this it?
Of course it is;)

Though your version is the ingame one (game rip I presume) with different intro. I'd actually prefer it over the intro from version in Warcraft 3 OST, which is the YT vid I provided in my previous post. From what I gather though, the only HQ version that exists is the OST one. Ingame music is 128 kbps iirc.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Maybe:
- Blizzard Entertainment: Blizzard Music: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Original Game Soundtrack) by Glenn Stafford, Derek Duke, Jason Hayes & Tracy Bush on Apple Music

More music from Blizzard:
Blizzard Entertainment: Games: Blizzard Music

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:
Level 1
No idea. Everyhwere I looked it only lists it as M4A which doesn't tell me anything.

320 kbps is CD Audio quality?? You're joking right? 320 kbps is MP3, compressed format which is therefore definitely not lossless. Lossless audio quality formats are FLAC WAV AIFF ALAC, which are running at 1411 kbps (at least in WAV case)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
For Audio CDs, streams are LPCM, 2 channel, 16 bit @ 44.1kHz, 1411.2 kBps.

1411 kBps might not be up to today's standards for audiophile listening. After all, the CDDA/Red Book audio CD standard (ratified as such in 1987) was first designed in... 1980. And it was designed for a physical medium in mind.

Nowadays, raw uncompressed Audio streams may be of higher quality / bitrate (like, 24 bit @ 96kHz, 4608 kBps).

WAV and AIFF are the format of choice for uncompressed raw audio for computers. They simply append their header to the LPCM stream iirc; hence their file size.
As a side note, WAV may contain compressed audio, since it is a container. For example, it is possible iirc to store an MP3 inside a WAV file.

Lossless audio codecs are ALAC, FLAC and some others. Their bitrate is generally somewhere around 800-1000.

Lossy audio codecs are AAC or MP3 among others. Common MP3 encoding is @128kbps, but one may decide to use higher bitrates. Modern lossy audio encoding (read: AAC) @320 kBps would be perceptually nearly on par with an Audio CD, though audiophiles may strongly disagree.

As another side note, my Tomb Raider audio files are MP3s @192 kBps, and I can not tell the difference from the original CD Audio tracks. But hey, I do no have great audio hardware, nor a golden ear.
This song was used as one of the reference files, to help better refine the MP3 algo when it was first being designed.

m4a is an MPEG-4 container with only audio in it. Afaik, Apple's m4a files may use either:
- AAC (lossy)
- ALAC (lossless)

You wrote you found 320 kBps files on the Internet. It is safe to assume they use lossy audio coding.

Some interesting reads imho:
Archimago's Musings: MEASUREMENTS: Do lossless compressed audio formats all sound the same?
(AAC/MP3 @192/320 kBps vs lossless)
Blind Test Results
(a blind test, taking the participants' age into account)

Not sure if this belongs here but I'm looking a for a single particular track from Warcraft 3 soundtrack (both Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne have it) called Blackrock & Roll in HQ. The highest I can go it seems, looking around the Internet, is 320 kbps :(. [...]

So all this being said, what kind of 'HQ' are you looking for?

Last edited:
Level 1
Well you already know the answer don't you?

I should have expressed myself better though, I'll give you that. FLAC or WAV (or some another lossless format) is what I'm looking for. I'm not a super audiophile, but even with what I have at my disposal I can tell the difference in this particular type of music (epic, horns, tubas etc). Not to mention my main goal which is cutting out the mid part (02:20 - 03:20) and make a fade out fade in parallel with the remaining two parts. Which is something I definitely shouldn't do with an MP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.