• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Will diablo III will be better than other blizzard projects?

So... Who will be better?

• Diablo III

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • WoW: Wrath of lich king

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • So confusing that i wont vote...

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Dont care , only that, that they are realeased and get fun playing them...

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
RTS fans will obviously find SC2 better as it is their style of play. Light RPG players will probably prefer D3 as it should be free to play and does not need constant activity to get anywhere. Social people will obviously prefer WoW as you can talk to millions of people who you may have never met otherwise.

In the end there will be no "better" game as it is all up to who plays it and no matter how they turn out, someone will always like it.

As this site is a WC3 modding site I would expect most people to say SC2 as it is most like WC3 and so almost everyone here will shair an interest for it.

Level 5
They made WoW. That is pure genius to me.

I was THIS close to write my longest post ever, full to the brim with reasons why Blizzard should not be considered genius (I actually wrote it, but I realized that no-one - me included - would ever bother reading it).

And there was nothing wrong (at least nothing fatal) with WoW. But that was like, what, 4-5 years ago? TBC was 87% fucked up though. But I haven't played WotLK so I don't know about that.

Level 5
WoW I think. D3 gameplay is too similar to D2 and i've played way too much D2. D2 was one of the first rpg kind of games I ever played, now after playing WoW I don't think old diablo gameplay will be as fun. Dunno about SC2.

Level 5
WoW I think. D3 gameplay is too similar to D2 and i've played way too much D2. D2 was one of the first rpg kind of games I ever played, now after playing WoW I don't think old diablo gameplay will be as fun. Dunno about SC2.

But I've heard that they have changed the gameplay quite a lot.

Level 9
I doubt anyone really knows what D3 gameplay is like. Lets save that for the demo.

Regarding WC4, we can only hope.

Level 25
I was THIS close to write my longest post ever, full to the brim with reasons why Blizzard should not be considered genius (I actually wrote it, but I realized that no-one - me included - would ever bother reading it).

And there was nothing wrong (at least nothing fatal) with WoW. But that was like, what, 4-5 years ago? TBC was 87% fucked up though. But I haven't played WotLK so I don't know about that.

What I meant was: They got 10 million players. Either those are complete brainwashed or there must actually be something with the game that makes them like it..

And number two why they are genius:

They have a playerbase of 10 million who pays the about 10$ each month. That's a hell lot of money. :wink:

Level 5
Of course the players are brainwashed! Ffs yesterday a friend of mine told me of one of his friends who has recently started playing WoW and one day when he woke up he felt extremely tired (probably because he had played for 3 days in a row) and do you know what he said? "I need to find a healing potion". And the funny thing was that he actually started looking for it!

And what do you think makes people play the damn game for days in a row, often without practically any breaks? WoW is but one big evil brainwashing machine, bent on turning the world into undead (no-lifers)!

Level 5
It's not stupid. Never actually said it was. I just meant that some things they do nowadays are not the brightest. You see, they are very genious in a cunning, diabolic way. They screw up the lore (and a few other things) like hell, BUT in the meantime they add a lot of new features that somehow "makes up for it". That way they somehow ensnare people in their big evil cobweb of... something. Could somebody PLEASE explain to me what's so great about the damn game anyway? I can't believe how people can become so damn addicted to the game. Am I immune? Or is it just that I grow bored too fast with the EXTREMELY boring and repetitive farming?

Level 16
Well... the thing that kept me playing for so long was the social factor of it. I quitted playing the moment I got my hands on full t6. At that point my life was a mess so I decided to save some money, start running and quit playing wow... actually payed off quite well... Now I'm running 15km a day, gonna buy an electric guitar in a day or two and everything is up and running again... but I can't say I don't miss guildmates and friends from wow...

Level 5
Then maybe that's it... I think I've finally come to a conclusion here. One of the reasons why I don't play WoW is because I'm not a very social kind of person!
But another reason is because it is so boooooring to kill the same bears, gnolls, wolves, blaha etc etc. I know you kill different things now and then but it is really the same "monsters" but in a new shape.
And 45% of the quests were "go and get 12 Hive moderators and 8 Blizzard associates for me" and another 45% was "kill 18 gnoll punkrockers" and so on. The last 10% where instance related quests, class quests and misc. quests. In other words around 90% of the quests are boring.

Btw, shouldn't this constant slaying of the poor gnolls be considered gonocide?

Level 5
Haha, finally someone who understands me ;P
And yes of course the quest givers are evil. Their holocaust against creeps will not stop until every little murloc is dead. And since that will never happen due to the constant respawning it will go on forever.

I have a theory that the quest givers invented "Tower Defenses".

And it seems as though this thread has had a little push in the wrong direction lately. Well, it's more like a Kodo beast charged into it with full speed actually. But that's life.

Level 8
I got really tired of WoW. They can't amaze me with no matter what kind of expansion they make. It just got boring to me. I can't say anything about Diablo III, I played a bit of the II, but I didn't enjoy it. To me the best thing Blizzard could do now is Warcraft IV :grin: featuring a brand new awesome worldeditor (with integrated icon and model editors inside) and new graphics and physics. Also RtC imported inside would be awesome :grin:

Level 8
Starcraft II looks good to me too, but... I think Dawn of War II would require a lot more strategies and tactics.
However, If WC4 comes and requires payment even to have the icon on your desktop, here come our good illegal friends -> the crackers :grin:
No matter what game Blizzard releases, there will be always people that will allows us to play "from the back door".

Level 5
To me the best thing Blizzard could do now is Warcraft IV :grin: featuring a brand new awesome worldeditor (with integrated icon and model editors inside) and new graphics and physics. Also RtC imported inside would be awesome :grin:

Sounds an awful lot like an extremely nice but very distant dream... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.