• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D3 Not Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
They will probably cancel Diablo 3 like they did with SCGHOST and WCAdventures and decide to make WoW 2 instead. They then would begin to work on Diablo 3 from scratch many years later. By that time it would be 2020 and the game would be announced and would probably come out 5 years from that time all because of a delay that caused them to shift there focus towards making Battle net 4 ready for Diablo 3.

Level 25
That is highly unlikely... StarCraft Ghost was canceled not because of Blizzard Entertainment, but because of Games Workshop. The only changes that are possible are that they might consider revamping the artwork for the entire game because of all the complaints that it looks too much like World of Warcraft. Personally, I like the style, but all the old Diablo fans aren't so impressed. Doesn't mean it's going to get canceled because of World of Warcraft. If anything, it'll just get more delays, like all of Blizzard's games.

Level 25
They will probably cancel Diablo 3 like they did with SCGHOST and WCAdventures and decide to make WoW 2 instead. They then would begin to work on Diablo 3 from scratch many years later. By that time it would be 2020 and the game would be announced and would probably come out 5 years from that time all because of a delay that caused them to shift there focus towards making Battle net 4 ready for Diablo 3.

They canceled Starcraft Ghost because it was lacking quality.

Level 7
Battle.net 2 as i heard is almost done, they will only need to create a huge pile of patches for every game to implement it :)

And by the way ... SC2 was announced before D3 ... so it is kind of obvious that it would be released first ... And the best thing is that SC2 has the greatest editor of them all :D i think everyone here wants to try it :)

Level 9
If you were expecting an early release, then you probably didn't buy a warcraft 2 battle chest in 2000, that had a warcraft 3 trailer and poster dated to release in 2001 with a Demon Race in it, clearly not the case, just saying if your a true blizzard fan its to be expected, and if you know well enough you should hope that they do take their time with their games, as a "bad" one has never been released by them, hell they cancelled games that would've been likely considered average by people like SCGhost, just know that when it is released you will not be disappointed.

Level 2
Why do you talk about sarcasm when the topic here is that D3 will be out not soon?:confused:

And by the way... Some people don't care about the graphics in the game they more care about the gameplay. And i bet that Blizard will let D3 in 2015 or so beacause they are working on the WoW 2 and the SC2.
And I think that Blizard were idiots when they canceled SCGhost, I was actualy waiting for that game!:angry:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
D3 will be 2012 at the latest. Its been in development so long that it seems the engine is mostly done (maybe one or 2 changes and hundreds of bug fixes), they just need to add content and ballence and then fine tuning.

The fact they have announced D3 already means that you can expect it in the not so distant future (none of this 2015 crap).

Level 34
Starcraft 2 was announced in 2007, 3 years before release. Diablo III was announced a year later, in 2008. I'd expect to see Diablo III between 2011 and 2012.

Level 6
Unannounced MMO...? Isn't World of Warcraft enough?

Yea, they are working on an unannounced MMO, but its a completely NEW FRANCHISE. WoW, will eventually dissolve as new and better MMO's come out. It's already 6 years old. Blizzard owns the MMO gaming right now, they know that eventually some one else is going to put out a better MMO than them. Making a new and better MMO than WoW is their way of trying to stay the MMO powerhouse of gaming.

Level 7
Wow... I'm really interested into seeing what new franchise's gonna appear. I suppose It'll be something in the future (we have 2 games in the past (Diablo and Warcraft) and 1 in the future (Starcraft)) so it'll be the best like that... Wow, an mmo about the future... could be interesting (I know... there's stargate or starwars (Shitty) or whatever as a mmo, but this is blizzard. they own the MMO genre big time).

Level 13
If they keep making shitty easy games with warnings and disclaimers all over the place, I wouldn't count on that there MMO being all that good.

Level 13
WoW, SC2. Take a look. They're headed in the shitty public American direction, and if they don't do a sharp U-turn they're gonna become EA.

Level 35
WoW, SC2. Take a look. They're headed in the shitty public American direction, and if they don't do a sharp U-turn they're gonna become EA.

Well WoW I can slightly relate to, it being a money machine for them.. But SC2? That game would never have gotten that well out of EA's slippery hands.. and I would never call it shitty.. You even played it?

None the less, I agree that even though they still make very nice games, they have gotten a more money talks attitude (but heck, thats fair as long as it pays the bills for even more great games). Just consider Troika games, they had everything to make great games, except money.. and in the end they died out by being reliant on shitty producers and having a unrealistic deadline.. If they had survived I would be they would be a serious thread to Blizzard.. just considering that most of those guys now works for Blizzard (except those at unreal and so on.. generally all the places where great games is made).

Level 13
Yes, I played SC2 - Hell, I've been playing league for a month now. The melee is freaking awesome, and stating otherwise would be retarded. However, take a look at the abomination that is BNet 2.0. That, sir, is the problem with SC2.

Level 35
However, take a look at the abomination that is BNet 2.0. That, sir, is the problem with SC2.

That is correct.. and its damn confusing.. the forced start is also a bitch (though clearly done due to the many bots in the first). But I don't consider the b-net 2 a part of their games, thats more like a network part, which I bet someone other then the game designers created....

But yea, the old one was better in that sense - though I like the new system of saving your games to your account, so even if you lose the physical version you can still install and play it.

Level 3
Everything after Wc3 have been bad. Diablo III might be actually good, but i bet blizzard prolly have invented something retarded.
Yes, I agree that Bnet 2.0 is CRAP sometimes, but the game itself (referring to Sc2) is great.

Back to the topic: I'd rather go for a really good game than some crap being released too early. But sure I'd go 100% for Diablo 3 instead of some WoW expansion.

Level 3
it's pretty simple i mean more time Blizzard work on diablo III it is getting better
i want them to work more on it

Level 13
it's pretty simple i mean more time Blizzard work on diablo III it is getting better
i want them to work more on it

Too optimistic.

Blizzard is probably done by now. What's going on is that Activision is adding dumb shit to make the game a more efficient money-making device.

Level 13
Too optimistic.

Blizzard is probably done by now. What's going on is that Activision is adding dumb shit to make the game a more efficient money-making device.

Because Activision is obviously behind everything. Not like Blizzard is immune to change and is still the same company it was around it's founding.

Level 13
+1 for misinterpretation
-1 for logic

I never said that. but Activision is the cause or catalyst for the change in Blizzard. Every game of theirs has gone straight downhill since Kotick took over.

Level 13
+1 for misinterpretation
-1 for logic

I never said that. but Activision is the cause or catalyst for the change in Blizzard. Every game of theirs has gone straight downhill since Kotick took over.

Nope, Activision didn't affect anything. All Blizzard.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The game engine is largly finished and will not undergo any major changes (only minor alterations).

The actual content however is far from finished. What we saw in the trailers was all that was working, the rest was broken. All that art, ai, abilites, data, items take time to generate. Unless you want D3 to be a game you finish in 2 hours, you will need to give them more time to finish the content.

why are you all getting impatient?

if you think its so easy to make a game that would be played and enjoyed for A LONG LONG TIME, especially a sequel to a highly rated game series like Diablo, try to make one urself, I'm sure D3 would be out already before you can even get half-way...

I'm sure that the D3 team is under so much pressure coz they need to make a good game, and they are most probably trying to make it into a degree much higher than what D2 achieved, then so many fans that are waiting, and so much more...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
they are most probably trying to make it into a degree much higher than what D2 achieved
A dog, a lizard and an under graduate computer guy could do that... D2 has to be the most popular broken game the world has ever seen and will ever see for a long time to come.

The fact is that D3 is being made properly, and as such it needs work (something D2 did not know).

I look forward to seeing all 5 (later 9) classes being used regually. I look foward to seeing people with the same class as me but without identical skill builds to me. I look foward to no more bots and spam. I look foward to most moves actually being viable. All of which D2 had problems with.

Level 3
I seriously hate diablo 2 i bought it i loved it but each difficulty makes game retarded hard you yust can't finish Hell (Hard) difficulty without uber items and runewords... And those fucking imunities make you all the time fuck how will i break that im,unity OH FUCK.
And also stupid synergy system makes everyone aim on one spell. That in Diablo 3 i think will be fixed for all times.

Well warcraft 3 is one of extremly rare games to be played and be getting advancer and still very fun over long time. This map editor allows us anything we can even have 100 MB maps hosted they are not limited anymore to 4MB or 8MB you can have more than 20 soulchess btw is 20 MB and works fine online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The problem with Diablo II was not the immunities, as you were meant to work as a team (thus have someone with you who complements you). The problem was how broken bugs made hell mode. Tomb vipers by nithak deal over 50000 DPS which is enough to kill any non pallidin (as pallidin can block 90% of hits from it) in under a second. Dolls dealt their enhanced stats on death meaning that stone skin extra strong corperal could deal over 10K unblockable physical damage which only really strong builds could survive (this was fixed, most builds will survive atleast 1 doll before having to respawn). Mana burn (any sort) deals over 255 times more mana damage than it should on high difficulties when spawned on enemies with multiple buffs meaning that even 10 damage causes you to lose 2K mana (no build ever has that much). Most notorious of all was the wisps, who have crazy ligthing damage and mana burn who deal their melee damage ontop of their spell damage (causing tens of thousands of lightning damage). You also get kicked all the time as summon mancer due to too many skeletons or if you fight too many badies at once.

Those are a few of the mistakes...

WC3 should still be limited to 8 MB.

Level 3
The problem with Diablo II was not the immunities, as you were meant to work as a team (thus have someone with you who complements you). The problem was how broken bugs made hell mode. Tomb vipers by nithak deal over 50000 DPS which is enough to kill any non pallidin (as pallidin can block 90% of hits from it) in under a second. Dolls dealt their enhanced stats on death meaning that stone skin extra strong corperal could deal over 10K unblockable physical damage which only really strong builds could survive (this was fixed, most builds will survive atleast 1 doll before having to respawn). Mana burn (any sort) deals over 255 times more mana damage than it should on high difficulties when spawned on enemies with multiple buffs meaning that even 10 damage causes you to lose 2K mana (no build ever has that much). Most notorious of all was the wisps, who have crazy ligthing damage and mana burn who deal their melee damage ontop of their spell damage (causing tens of thousands of lightning damage). You also get kicked all the time as summon mancer due to too many skeletons or if you fight too many badies at once.

Those are a few of the mistakes...

WC3 should still be limited to 8 MB.

Why 8 MBs ? What reason ?? i hardly see any map go above 4 MB or 5 MB and only huge one i seen with over 20 MB was Soulchess but it's all worth it and don't cry abount it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well, I could make a map called "Download avatar the film here!" and upload a 1 GB reduced resolution version of the fim into the archive and thus spread pirated content via battlenet.

It is currently so small that it is impossible to distribute warez effectivly. Make it 100MB and you will easilly get illegal stuff spreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.