• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hydra possibly D3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
http://www.squidoo.com/LordofDestruction

Diablo II - Lord of Destruction is an expansion to the very popular Diablo II. The LoD expansion introduced two new classes (Assassin and Druid) and added another chapter to the Diablo storyline. Because of the massive amount of Diablo 2 cheats, the only version currently played is the one on battle.net.(info at Diablo 2 wiki)

Update: Blizzard worked on a sequel, Diablo 3, for a number of years when all of a sudden most of the team left. Diablo 3's fate is far from clear but you can track Diablo 3 news in this lens and blog. Or, if you're a RTS fan, you can track Starcraft 2 news in this lens.

Found this on a website, seems like they were working on it for a long time, maybe Hydra is Diablo 3! It would be the most logical choice anyway

thoughts?

Level 13
I'm not denying the possibility that Hydra is Diablo 3, but why does everyone seem to not believe that Blizzard could just come up with a new series of games?

Level 12
oh wow i edited my post eariler and it didnt save... Anyway What I tried editing my post was my other thoughts on what it could be, I was rather hoping for a new series, they have really been only working on 3 franchises and they are one of the best in the world. They should expand more

also some pple dont believe hydra is a new franchise because of them making these newer games like wow and starcraft 2, so its only obvious there working on D3. Possibly its a new franchise, besides Diablo's soulstone was destroyed so he cant come back into the mortal realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.