• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Changes at d3 (confirmed and rumours)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
these changes i seen in one d3 site (planet diablo)

items will always use only une slot ( like in wow) , maybe becuz hellgate got a critique that inv get disorganized because of the item's physical space in inventory (confirmed u can see in barbarian trailer)

health orbs . in place of potion ( not sure if will repleace them) there will be health orbs droped by creeps they will be instantly consumed by character when he comes near healing him

new art director (confirmed ) is one old member of d2 art directors he who made mephisto art i dont remember the name

max lvl maybe the max lvl 99 be changed becuz of it looks a incomplet number but is most likely the former level is maintained
the site is: (use google to translate it if u dont know portuguese)
Nível Máximo de Diablo 3 - Diablo 3 Bra.com, Fansite Oficial de Diablo 3 e Diablo 2 LOD

Level 7
That items only using one slot idea TOTALY SUCKS their trying to make it more like wow than ever, it's gunna be realy hard not having potions you can rely on but glad they got a new art director in, I won't say why otherwise this thread with degenerate into an argument.

Level 13
Also stats are autoassigned like in WoW. (unless this has been changed, don't take my word for it just yet)

Last edited:
Level 34
Sounds lame, but I try not to judge things until release. We'll see how stuff pans out then.

Level 10
Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard. Hmm How should i put this. ohh i got it. WE LIKE DIABLOS STYLE BETTER THAN WOW"S. and also WOW IS HOW WE LOSE LIFE. That may be insulting but still Blizzard Really you really have to put wow into every game we got it was good but now Warhammer Online and other games are kicking its ass.

Level 11
Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard. Hmm How should i put this. ohh i got it. WE LIKE DIABLOS STYLE BETTER THAN WOW"S. and also WOW IS HOW WE LOSE LIFE. That may be insulting but still Blizzard Really you really have to put wow into every game we got it was good but now Warhammer Online and other games are kicking its ass.

Well none of blizzard people wont see you post xD.

Personally i don't like health orbs, and there will be potions also.
Also i don't like new texturers coz its more cartoonish style and not gory/realistic/horror style of skins/textures.

Level 10
lol still blizzard needs to stop thinking about the money and start thinking about the gamers not their pocket books -.- its like bill gates all over agian

Level 9
lol still blizzard needs to stop thinking about the money and start thinking about the gamers not their pocket books -.- its like bill gates all over agian

Woah there, speak for yourself buddy. You sound like a naive little kid. You obviously haven't thought any of this out. Why is wow bad? The diablo 2 skill interface was inferior. Clicking potions was lame. Auto-assigned stats are for balancing purposes. Some people don't know shit, while others exploit the system unfairly. And i don't know about anyone else, but i hated organizing stuff.

Level 10
WoW in my opinion is just how blizzard gets money. I like the idea with the new inventory its just that blizzard needs to think of better stuff instead recycling ideas for example in kalmazoo they signed a pettion to kick blizzards idea for the inventory screen. I completely disagree with that i love the new inventory screen but the only problem with somethings with the game was i liked have potions and have them auto cast for me and i'm really pissed they got rid of the druid -.-. not to say anything agianst them but blizzard its getting old -.-. COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS DON"T MESS UP ITS LORE PLZ

Level 9
Woah there, speak for yourself buddy. You sound like a naive little kid. You obviously haven't thought any of this out. Why is wow bad? The diablo 2 skill interface was inferior. Clicking potions was lame. Auto-assigned stats are for balancing purposes. Some people don't know shit, while others exploit the system unfairly. And i don't know about anyone else, but i hated organizing stuff.

Fuck, organizing stuff was what defined it.
Anyway, you can still watch Cain rapping near the bottom of this page.
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Deckard_Cain

Level 7
They're making Starcraft 2(At least making attempts) look a little more starcraft-y like so I figure they'll do the same with D3 over time. Its not a finished product people.

I wouldn't like auto-assigned stats but 1 slot for everything I do like that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I like the changes so far. The non physical inventory is a welcome change, although for small items like rings and amulates they should probably make "ring boxes" and stuff which can hold quite a number of them as rings should be less bulky than whole armor sets. Generally though it is great as you will no longer have problems holding 2*4 items due to their awkuard size.

The healing orb thing is also good, as long as they have no uber rigged badies like D2 had with its dolls or pit vipers which dealt 10K DPS as you can heal after a battle and move on and there should be no need to burn 12 pots in 10 seconds on some badies. Also gives medic characters a purpose, as you could actually need healing.

Level 25
WoW in my opinion is just how blizzard gets money. I like the idea with the new inventory its just that blizzard needs to think of better stuff instead recycling ideas for example in kalmazoo they signed a pettion to kick blizzards idea for the inventory screen. I completely disagree with that i love the new inventory screen but the only problem with somethings with the game was i liked have potions and have them auto cast for me and i'm really pissed they got rid of the druid -.-. not to say anything agianst them but blizzard its getting old -.-. COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS DON"T MESS UP ITS LORE PLZ

The reason blizzard gets so much money must be because they made something good, heh?

Level 11
I like the changes so far. The non physical inventory is a welcome change, although for small items like rings and amulates they should probably make "ring boxes" and stuff which can hold quite a number of them as rings should be less bulky than whole armor sets. Generally though it is great as you will no longer have problems holding 2*4 items due to their awkuard size.

The healing orb thing is also good, as long as they have no uber rigged badies like D2 had with its dolls or pit vipers which dealt 10K DPS as you can heal after a battle and move on and there should be no need to burn 12 pots in 10 seconds on some badies. Also gives medic characters a purpose, as you could actually need healing.

We see those healing orb system in lot of games that comes lately.

Level 11
Dreadnought[dA];1181552 said:
@_@ I have no idea about this game until it is released. Starcraft 2 looks great, but IDK if I'll be getting this. Diablo 2 wasn't that great to me. The skill tree really sucked. You make one mistake or bad choice and there's no going back.

Wah, y, but in other hand that was quite good. And actually makes more sence than reseting your skill trees.

D3 will come out like in 6th month next year... SC2 will come soon.
You would not be able to reset skills in 3 probbly, I hope. As much I wanted to be able to reset skills, its better not to be able :D .

Level 5
there is many things i likes in D1 they changed in D2 but i found acceptable but d3 have done ting like 1slot item, autostatset that i didnt liked i would like if they mix d1 and d2 skill learn-system (some class-only skill and some ook learned skill).the gothic style was much better. i liked to play in a dark environment,its better cause creeps out of line of sight was hard to see in diablo 1. and if the act bosses were more harder i would be glad cause was truly easy to beat mephisto,baal,diablo and lazarus at online

Level 15
what angers me most of all, is that they stated, that there won't be unindentifyed items (and no identifying, and no inednt scrolls, and no "Stay a while and listen" before every vendor visit =)))

also they said that town portal and potions won't be useable in boss fights (only orbs will). and also they have plans for removing town portal at all.

of course, killing almost any boss (except the Ancients at Arreat =))) was easy as hell with portal+pots, but...

Level 15
i'd love to see the lore behind those orbs though :p

also... the inventory gonna be not grid-based, but rather slot-based (like in WoW)...

Level 13
i'd love to see the lore behind those orbs though :p

Orbs:
Orbs, great gathering of the life force of the fallen who have not yet passed on to the other side. These great gatherings of life force are known to replenish the health of heroes and heroes only, for no mere peasants would be worthy enough to touch these magnificent things. Truly the heroes are lucky to have such great things at their disposal.

Non-physical inventory is stupid, its unrealistic and makes no sense. Why should a dagger and and giant claymore take up the same amount of space? The old interface was excellent, to whoever said you have to click potions, have you heard of the numbers 1-4? They are near the upper left-hand corner of your keyboard if you are having trouble finding them. The gore in it looked fucking awful compared to d2, hopefully that will get better. Blizzard needs to stop using ideas from WoW in other games. WoW was one of the biggest shit-fests I have ever played and pales in comparison to many of the FREE mmorpgs I have downloaded off random internet sites.

EDIT: And autostat would be the gayest load of stupid bullshit ever conceived.

Level 7
Non-physical inventory is stupid, its unrealistic and makes no sense. Why should a dagger and and giant claymore take up the same amount of space? The old interface was excellent, to whoever said you have to click potions, have you heard of the numbers 1-4? They are near the upper left-hand corner of your keyboard if you are having trouble finding them. The gore in it looked fucking awful compared to d2, hopefully that will get better. Blizzard needs to stop using ideas from WoW in other games. WoW was one of the biggest shit-fests I have ever played and pales in comparison to many of the FREE mmorpgs I have downloaded off random internet sites.

I totaly agree with everything you've said there, I won't be buying D3 as I just don't think its worth giving my time to when I can play D2 which will still be a much better game. I even sometimes play D1 and it looks better than D3 does now.

Blizzard think that beacuse wow made so much money for them they need to incorporate aspects of it into all their games now, it sucks.

Level 15
ok, a little question, which determines if i will buy D3:
does anyone happen to have a copy of Diablo 1?
my D1 disc is scratched beyond measure over all these years =))

Level 3

Realistic? In my fantasy game where I chop legions of skeleton soldiers to pieces by whirling in circle, pierce skulls of demons with magical dark bolts and cast rain of fire around me to burn my enemies?
Realism! No, seriously, these games have absolutely nothing to do with realism, so dont ever use that argument :)

One-slot-per-item inventory is added probably because it's more fun that way for most players, or that's how Blizzard sees it probably. It's one aspect of the game yeah to worry about your bagspace, true, true. But it's more annoying than fun. I remember playing Diablo 2, and everytime when I had to reorganize my inventory in thousand ways to get it right, I hated it. It was part of the game, noted, but not that fun when you had so many gear options.

Note: this will probably only solve the arranging issue, not the inventory space.

Bit same thing with auto-stat system. In D2 it was easily abusable, and also bad for clueless people. Though it removes customization possibilities, it's better that way than having Barbarian with over 9k mana because player thought that more mana means more whirlinds and that's it. Or something like that. Basicly it's just easier for players with auto-stats, and less worrying about.
But, yes, it sucks in that point that it removes customization possibilities. So the skill trees are better be really large...

Potion chugging also wasn't fun at all. Seriously. "I'm a hero of this world and I. WILL. BEAT. YOU! Let me just first go to town buy some potions...". It's very old-school style, worked 7 years ago, but not this day. You have to be cunning and use your mad skillz to beat the endless legions of monsters, demons and rats, not to speak about bosses. Oh, and absorb orbs, heh. Well, gotta get hp restored somehow, at least it's limited, I think.

One thing I agree for sure. Way too less gore and dark feeling. I want to see GUTS AND BLOOD SPLATTERED TO MY SCREEN.

One option would be put an option to options for extra gore-effects(and for more creepy graphics).

But you and some people need to understand, that this is new game. It's in Diablo's universe, but it's completly new game, next of series from, how old game again? With all the whining, it feels like people want Diablo 2. But that's strange... It was already released 9 years ago!

Dumdum, random talk.

I wont even say anything to WoW related comments, it's fun to see people raging over it. Hilarious stuff.

Level 16
I would quite last post but it's just too long...

Anyway, wow-like inventory, sux, less realistic, yes REALISTIC since that's the word we need here. We're talking about a game that needs to get M ESRB rating so we need it to be realistic in parts those require it, like this one we're talking about. You can't say that it must be unrealistic since it has demons in it, no...

Portals, yes, I agree, that wasn't very heroic and it's the thing I liked the least.

More gore, yes please, but it's not really that cartoony at the moment, it still has some of it, but since it's already getting M, do some more, that wouldn't hurt, and would make it more... well, realistic.

Cut off customizable stats? Why would you want to do that? If someone is new to this game, well, he'll just have to learn it the hard way. And it would make that someone play the from the start, rising it's chances to be played over and over agian.

This new talent system is really looking wowish, but it's ok I guess, as long as it allows you to customize your character as much as the old one.

That's about all...

Level 5
I would quite last post but it's just too long...

Anyway, wow-like inventory, sux, less realistic, yes REALISTIC since that's the word we need here.

yep, and walking dead hurling fireballs demons detroying a entire world is VEEERRYYY relistic...
i dont kow if i liek it the point is that the "hard" inventory made me exited somehow... i just dont like bacause it is kinda simple

Level 5
Blizzard are doing what every other game company (and in fact all animals and plants) are doing, taking what they have seen as good atributes and moving on.
Sure, from our point of view we may not like the tones down gore and auto-set stats but blizzard is (sigh D:) going mainstream. This game must please diablo fans and the masses. From the companies point of view masses>old fans.
Anyway in the end we will all bend over and take it and buy D3 and S2 because everything blizzard excretes nowadays is pure gold...

*lick, lick*

Level 1
FYI, most of these changes resulted from Blizzard North being eliminated as a separate entity. Its not Blizzard changing their style to be more like WoW or to make money, its essentially a different studio taking over the franchise. Hence the new art style and more WoW-like mechanics. Some of the balance issues such as stats are also indicative of how Blizzard is trying to make the game more oriented towards multiplayer. The same type of focus on balance and multiplayer can be seen in Starcraft II. Hell, in SCII singleplayer and multiplayer are almost different games.

Anyway, long story short, nobody is "selling out" to appeal to the WoW crowd, its just the style of the people making the game, who are different from the studio who made the first two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.