• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creative passive combination abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
If you combine 2 or more passives together what would you do?
And what would you call your newly created ability?

For instance:

Violet Shield - Reduces spell and magic damage by 35% while giving the unit 5 extra defense point
[A combination of Elune's grace, and Item armor bonus]

Swordsmanship - Increases the unit's attack damage by 15, while giving it a 20% chance to do 2 damage on an attack
[A combination of item attack bonus and critical strike]

Fortitude - Reduces all attacks on the unit by 10 damage, and makes the unit immune to magic and spells
[A combination of hardened skin an spell immunity]

What are some of yours?

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Holy Aura (or Aura of Light) - Increases all friendly living units attack by 15% while reducing all non-living enemies attacks by 15%
[A combination of a command aura that targets only friendly living units and another command aura that only targets non-living enemies]

Level 28
Spellbane: Reduces the effects of magic and blocks some spells.
Item Spell Block + Item Magic Resistance

Magebane: Disrupts spellcasting.
Feedback + anti-Brilliance Aura

Bloodthirst: Heals the caster in battle.
Item Life Steal + Vampiric Aura

Battledancer: Deals more damage.
Attackspeed increase + Critical Strike

Wardancer: Deals more damage and evade.
Attackspeed increase + Drunken Brawler

Ogre Tactics: Deals area damage and stun.
Pulverize + Bash

Exuberance: Provides constant restoration.
Item Healing Ward Aura + Brilliance Aura

Aura of Decay: Constantly damages and slows enemies.
Disease Cloud + anti-Unholy Aura

Retaliation: Deals damage to melee enemies.
Spiked Carapace + Thorns Aura

Saboteur: Does more damage to structures.
Demolish + Liquid Fire

Longshot Scope: Increases range.
Sight range increase + attack range increase

Spycraft: Grants espionage abilities.
Evasion + Permanent Invisibility + True Sight

Avatar of Ice: Freezes nearby enemies.
Freezing Breath + Cold Attack + anti-Endurance Aura

Avatar of Fire: Damages all nearby enemies and sets them on fire.
Permanent Immolation + Burning Oil + passive Incinerate

Avatar of Wind: Speeds nearby allies and self.
Evasion + Endurance Aura + movespeed bonus (max)

Avatar of Earth: Resists damage.
Resistant Skin + Hardened Skin + armor

Avatar of Ether: Improves spellcasting.
Ethereal + Item Magic Resistance + Brilliance Aura

Neurotoxin: Slows and damages the target.
Envenomed Weapons + Slow Poison + Orb of Venom + Disease Cloud

Stat increases:

Wind's Blessing: Agi + movespeed
Fury of Huracan: Agi + attackspeed
Totem of the Deer: Agi + Evasion
Totem of the Tiger: Agi + Drunken Brawler
Totem of the Bat: Agi + Lifesteal
Totem of the Eagle: Agi + sight range increase
Totem of the Hawk: Agi + True Sight
Totem of the Flounder: Agi + Shadowmeld
Totem of the Cobra: Agi + Slow Poison

Totem of the Bull: Str + damage
Totem of the Bear: Str + HP
Totem of the Hydra: Str + HP regen
Totem of the Oak: Str + armor
Totem of the Rhino: Str + Pulverize
Totem of the Boar: Str + Cleaving Attack
Totem of the Hyena: Str + Envenomed Weapons
Totem of the Hound: Str + Evasion
Totem of the Wolf: Str + Drunken Brawler
Fist of Nergal: Str + Bash
Rhongomyniad: Str + Line Attack
Persistence of Antaeus: Str + Reincarnation
Grip of Talos: Str + Permanent Immolation
Mjolnir: Str + Orb of Lightning
Holy Relic: Str + Devotion Aura

Totem of the Owl: Int + MP
Totem of the Vulture: Int + Disease Cloud
Totem of the Raven: Int + mana regen
Totem of the Crow: Int + True Sight
Totem of the Thorn: Int + Thorns Aura
Eye of Balor: Int + passive Incinerate

Level 12
Valor
Gives the unit 200 extra hp, a devotion aura that provides +8 armor, Critical strike (20% to do 3x damage)
Strength Bonus + Devotion Aura + Critical strike

Sorcery
Gives 200 extra mana, a healing aura that heals 1.5hp/sec, reduces magic damage by 25%
Mana bonus + unholy aura + elune's grace

Rem

Rem

Level 7
I really liked your valor idea - its similar to something I was trying to create -an ultimate that is only avaibiable after the hero reaches lvl10 but makes the hero a great deal more powerful.
Valor does exactly that-its like giving the hero super-mode once he/she reaches a certain level, good thinking

Level 14
Eternal Skeleton plague: create skeleton on kill(modified to create a skeleton with that passive ability combination)+reincarnate
Alternatively if you want multiple stage propagation you can put on the skeletons the hydra split ability to make new kinds of undead.

Level 12
@Rem Not a bad idea actually, but its not super mode, it simply makes a hero into a more powerful version of itself

Think about what happens to a hero when his hp is increased from 1250 (which is already really good) to 1450
Critical strikes makes his attacks more powerful, and lastly devotion aura empowers both the hero as well as any surrounding units

so what you get is a transformation of a hero into a tank hero

It would actually be very appropriate to make it only available at level 10, this would make it like an unlockable achievement or something similar

Level 6
Try using engineering upgrade to make an ability that reduces the mana cost and cooldown times of all the other abilities, think about it, it will make the hero really strong as long as he has powerful spells, man you can even enhance the power of the other abilities.

Level 5
Didn't we just have this thread?... Not that I'm complaining; I love a good "brainstorming" thread for ideas.
That one was slightly limited by being Hero Ultimates, while this is a more generic "mix two passive to make fancy new one". The restriction also makes it much more straightforward. I've still kept thinking about the Factory ability, by the way, with the value brought by just one other passive being potentially immense. As a single example of some Factory shenanigans:

Hungering Vines: Factory+Vampiric Aura, initially spawned units have negative health regeneration, fast movement, long acquisition range, single-target range 60 attacks that use a 100% Slow, with a secondary factory that makes immobile versions lacking the factory effect. The result is making impassible lines in the path to the nearest unit, ones that last longer when they trap an enemy while near the producing unit, but attacking them can be done safely. Removing the producing unit sharply reduces the duration, while the need for proximity renders most of the reach fairly short in lifespan.

Level 12
I implemented this ability as an ultimate, using engineering upgrade as the hero ability:

Valor: gives the unit 12 bonus strength points, a strong devotion aura, and reduces all attacks on the hero by 5 damage, it's a pretty good ultimate if you ask me, hopefully someone with a campaign like @Shar Dundred will test it out and tells e the pros and cons, but from my point of view its a good and strong ultimate

Level 7
Usually the passives a hero has relate to his theme somehow.
If I had to decided on passive ultimate (which are the only abilities that I believe should consist of 2 or more passives since this is otherwise too powerful) I would have an offensive hero have a strong critical strike combined with an attack bonus of +12, and maybe stun, although that might make it too OP. If I had a defensive hero (tank) I would give him something like an armor bonus, hardened skin, hp bonus, etc. It's all on what the hero is designed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.